Default Help with understanding room locations

I am confused??

Suites are at the end of the buildings....Beachfront would be building 1,5,6,9....yes????
    Is beachfront suite only ground floor?
    Garden suites in the other buildings......

Garden rooms, I would assume is further away Building 3, 7, 8, ?????

Ocean rooms are located??????

Beachfront rooms same as suites but regular room?

Does the floor indicate the room type?........ie...Building 4 has both ocean and garden rooms???

I don't mind upgrading room but need to understand what that means and where......

Garden rooms are in building XXX and what floors? all buildings have 3 floors.
    Ocean rooms are in building XXX and what floors?
    Beachfront rooms are in building XXX and what floors?
    Garden suites ----same
    Beachfront suites---same

Can anyone help with filling in the XXX?

There are 12 beachfront suites; they are the one room closest to the beach on each of the three floors in Building 1, 5, 6, and 9.

There are six garden suites; they are located on each of the three floors at one end of Buildings 8 and 9 (obviously the opposite end of Building 9 from where the beachfront suites are located).

The majority of the garden rooms are located in Buildings 2, 3, and 4. Most ocean rooms are located in Buildings 7 and 8. Beachfront rooms are located in Buildings 6 and 9.

Buildings 1 and 5 are a bit of a mystery. When there resort first opened, they housed only beachfront rooms and suites, but people have reported booking garden rooms and being placed in these buildings, so I have no idea.

In our 15 trips to CN, we have only booked a beachfront room or beachfront suite. We've stayed in suites in Buildings 1, 5, 6, and 9 but have only stayed in beachfront rooms in Buildings 6 and 9.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

What resort?

Default Room Locations at CN...

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    What resort?
    Couples Negril.....

Hi Pamela, I am at CN in April and also have a beachfront suite. Can you give me your opinion of which building and floor is best and why?
    I would really appreciate your valuable input.
    Thanks
    John

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    What resort?
    ....my first thought as well, but reading it again figured it was probably CN, and we were in a deluxe beachfront in building nine but the 2nd floor and loved it

Jaydee, there isn't a best building or floor. Different people have different preferences, and what I like might differ significantly from what you like. That being said . . .

We prefer the third floor of Building 6 (Room 6301). We like the higher floors for the view, and Building 6 offers a view of the sunset. We also like Building 6 b/c it is closest to the particular spot on the beach where we spend our days.

Some people like Buildings 1 and 6 because they flank the center of the resort, where the pool, restaurants, lobby, stores, etc., are located. There is very little walking required from these rooms. Some people don't like being that close to the resort's center and find the outer-lying buildings to be quieter.

Buildings 5 and 9 are the outer-lying buildings that house Beachfront Suites. They are further away but are therefore quieter at night (although the nighttime entertainment doesn't go into the wee hours of the night). Some people prefer Building 5 because it is the building that is closest to water sports. Some people prefer Building 9 because it is the building that is closest to the a/n beach (and some don't want to be in Building 9 for this very reason).

We have stayed in suites in all four buildings. Building 5 is our least favorite b/c it is furthest away from our spot on the beach, but it is close to the hot tub in the water sports area, which was nice in the evening.

There are only 12 beachfront suites, three in each of the four buildings, and we have NEVER had a choice of suites. Please don't get your hopes up about being able to ask for a particular building or floor. There are advantages to each building/floor.

Hope you enjoy your vacation at CN next month!
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    Beachfront rooms are located in Buildings 6 and 9.
    We believe that Block 5 has had Beachfront for quite some time and later Block 1 as well. Here's why:

Back in 2007, when only Beachfront rooms (in addition to GVS and BFS) had mini-fridges, the room stocker left (accidentally one would suppose) a list for keeping track of fridge stocking in our room. It had each room number, arrival/departure dates, items to be stocked, etc.
    It showed Beachfront in Blocks 6, 9 and 5 (specifically, it listed 10 rooms in block 5).

In 2010 the Front Desk Manager told us the -02 and -03 rooms in Block 1 were now Beachfront. That makes some sense since they are in the portion of the block that juts out, providing a better view of the beach along with the -01 rooms (i.e. suite) than the remainder of the rooms in that block.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post

...Buildings 1 and 5 are a bit of a mystery..
    LOL. I'll say. Our guess is that both are a mix of BFS, BF, and GV.

texasBiggs - Pamela has seemingly answered all of your questions, other than our disagreement/confusion on Beachfront room locations. Oh - yes, all buildings have 3 floors. The interior, other than mirror image lay out, of all non-suite rooms (GV, OV, and BF) are identical, only the location/view is different. Ditto for GVS and BFS.

jaydee- you didn't ask me, but 6301 (third floor, room -01) is a sweet suite.
    Last edited by rudi; March 11th, 2012 at 02:27 PM.

Texasbiggs you have a right to be confused. It is confusing.Pamela gave the best explanation of the rooms.oo

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
    Hi Pamela, I am at CN in April and also have a beachfront suite. Can you give me your opinion of which building and floor is best and why?
    I would really appreciate your valuable input.
    Thanks
    John
    Which room is 'best' for you might not be the 'best' room for me. It really all depends on what you like to do. We enjoy our days on the nude beach so we prefer the 6-9 blocks, but bldg 5 is really close to the dive shack, and then bldgs 1 & 6 are close to the center of the resort. What I'm trying to clumsily say is that since this is your first time, leave fate to the gods and take the room given to you. I promise it will be perfect.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Thanks for your input Pamela, Colorado and you too Rudi. :-) It's much appreciated. I think I'll let the resort decide my location and make the best of whatever I get. I see advantages to 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors. I also see an advantage to being close to that perfect beach spot, although, I don't know where that is yet lol.

Default Room locations---Deluxe Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Jimnmariann View Post
    Texasbiggs you have a right to be confused. It is confusing.Pamela gave the best explanation of the rooms.oo

Based on the information Deluxe Ocean rooms are in Building 7 or 8 any floor.
    If I order a Deluxe ocean I would assume that I could (upgrade?)get any room but not a garden room.

What buildings are garden rooms? 2,3,4???

I would think that ocean view on first floor is limited vs. 3rd floor.

I just don't want to upgrade if I do not know what I am getting. Maybe a better way is if you buy ocean you do not get building x,x,x...... I understand suites, and beachfront, but Ocean and Garden seems muddy?

Thanks for all who responded....

What a great family.

TB