Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Is The Palm Restaurant 100% Buffet Now?

For the CSA STAFF please...

Just saw a review from someone who's been to CSA 6x and just returned (June). They said this time The Palm had just gone all-buffet? Is this correct, or perhaps was it just the nights they went there?

I've been 8x and know it's buffet a few nights a week, so wondering if there has been a change.

Thank you!

When we were there in January, there were still a few nights when it was not buffet, including Saturday night for lobster night.

We just got back from CSA, had a wonderful time can not wait to go back. It is true that Palms was 100% buffet, dinner wasn't much different than lunch.

Default Palms

Quote Originally Posted by redinthehead View Post
    We just got back from CSA, had a wonderful time can not wait to go back. It is true that Palms was 100% buffet, dinner wasn't much different than lunch.

The website still shows an ala carte menu for dinner. If it is all buffet, which is a crying shame, they need to change it. I feel bad now for referring people there. This move is not in keeping with a deluxe resort. And after 5x visits I wont be back. I attribute this to so many group dinners.

CSA STAFF? Official response?

I hope not.

Life is good

Not that we ate dinner at the Palms to often, it would be a shame if they didn't offer a regular dinner menu at least on the weekends or Lobster night. We do enjoy the Palms breakfast buffet every morning and I do their lunch maybe twice during our 8 day stays

I may be of the minority, but the first time we went it was 100% buffet. The second time there was an ala carte menu several nights. It was a good meal either way, but we preferred the buffet.

Yes, Palms is now all buffet for dinner. We were there two weeks ago and the change had just gone into effect the week before. All is not lost though. The buffet had a broader selection of foods and some additional variety was noticed from night to night. The buffet was quite acceptable in my opinion for a dinner option. I was surprised at the elimination of the ala carte menu, but not disappointed in the buffet.
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

I know lobster is not served unless in season, which I understand starts July 1st but might be mistaken, how is the lobster prepared then at the Palms for lobster night if Palms is all Buffet now?

My wife loves lobster and she may take the whole tray of lobster if it is served in buffet style setting-hehe LOL Any advise or experience posters that had Lobster night at the Palms is much appreciated so we can determine where to dine for lobster night.

Blog Entries

Hello All,

Currently, we are operating the Palms as a buffet dining experience for dinner on a trial basis.
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

Just my opinion. The buffet isn't such a bad thing as long as there is enough variety every day. Sometimes we don't want to wait so long for our food for one reason or another. In and out more quickly. We don't see anything wrong with this as long as there are other dining options. Maybe a compromise and rotate between ala carte and buffet.

Will miss the dinner ala carte; could be a deal changer for us.

My vote is!
    We enjoy the buffet in the evening. If we want to "dine", we have the option to go to Feathers, Lemon Grass or Patois. Keeping with our vacation schedule or lack there of, we're not on any schedule and can enjoy a leisurely dinner when we're so inclined. The best part is we take our dessert and goodies back to our room to enjoy...

Thanks so much, Michelle!!! ��. We love Chef Angelo's food in any form!

This is great news! Hope the experiment is still going on when we arrive on Labor Day!
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Kitty View Post
    My vote is!
    We enjoy the buffet in the evening. If we want to "dine", we have the option to go to Feathers, Lemon Grass or Patois. Keeping with our vacation schedule or lack there of, we're not on any schedule and can enjoy a leisurely dinner when we're so inclined. The best part is we take our dessert and goodies back to our room to enjoy...
    My concern is that having Palms buffet only will put more pressure on Patois and make it more difficult to get reservations for Lemon Grass and Feathers

turning it into 100% dinner buffet only is a downgrade hopefully the feedback states that and it will be short-lived.
    Randi & Sherri
    17x CSA repeaters
    1x CN

We are one of those weird couples that likes buffets. Less structure/formal .

The buffet at Palms for breakfast and lunch is great although at lunch each year is a little less great.
    To have every night dinner as buffet is disappointing. The last few years it has been mon,wed,fri and sun.
    I could be wrong on these days but pretty sure it was only 3 days for a la carte. It's just nice to have the choice
    for this. Other nights we go to the other restraunts but as said what becomes of the only non reserve Patois.
    We have been coming to CSA since 2005 and wouldn't have it any other way but to be truthful next Feb/Mar we will be
    returning only because of the wonderful people we have met over the last few years staff and guests. This may be our last. Hope things will change.

Just an added note the food is great Kudos to chef Angelo. Just not a buffet fan.

Quote Originally Posted by zaraforty View Post
    My concern is that having Palms buffet only will put more pressure on Patois and make it more difficult to get reservations for Lemon Grass and Feathers
    That's why it's good that they're doing this on a trial basis. I believe that Couples management knows how to evaluate pilot programs like this, and will be paying attention to how this changes their guests' dining habits. That's one of the reasons they ask for your room number when you go to Patois. They get quite a bit of information out of that. I was fascinated when a manager took the time to explain it to me a few years ago.

I love the buffet at Palms, but the food is not refilled on a timely basis. I hope someone is watching to see if items need to be replaced, because many times empty trays sit there for a while. The salad bar is especially prone to this.

So the BIG question still is what happens on lobster night? No way can the other restaurants handle the crowd. This will be our 9 trip

Not happy with this change. Love the a la carte nights, with salad bar and pasta bar as options for people so inclined.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast