Default Tower Isle Wedding

Hello everyone,

My fiancé and I are getting married on tower isle and we are flying out band in from home to play. For those of you that have been to CTI, how far off the shore is the island? The last thing we would want to do is disturb anyone on their vacation.

Thanks
    Very excited 1st timers - Brandi & Steve

The island is less than 100 yards off shore.
    It is very nice that you are being so considerate of those of us that will be back on dry land.
    But if you are getting married, just have the time of your life and don't worry to much about your neighbors on shore. A wedding on the island is very special, so just let it rock.

By the way, when is the wedding?

Richie

On the island? Are you doing it naked?

Brandi and Steve, I don't think the mainlanders would hear music from the island. And even if they did, they'd probably start jammin out on the beach themselves!

ENJOY! I got married at CTI in August and LOVED it.
    Weddingmoon @ CTI August 2011
    Planning our return Home!

Crabracer, we are getting married 4/21/12 from 5:00-10:00 PM on the island. (not nude)

Brandi and Steve

Default Suggestions

Crabracer: you being the seasoned veteran at couples that you are, maybe you can help suggest some things. Prior to leaving for our wedding I plan to send everyone the "rules of conduct" to read over so they are aware.

I have also read a lot of posts on here about large wedding parties being obnoxious or loud. I want to also warn our wedding party (of 60) to be aware we are not alone at the resort.

We want to interact with other guests (not in the party) but we dont want people to feel unwelcome to just walk up and introduce themselves. It's a very good/respectful group, but sometimes it is hard for people to notice when they are bothering others.

Is there any recommendations or examples you could share to help us to avoid being "that group". Any links to other helpful threads would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

WOW! How wonderful to not only get married on the island but to also have your own band to serenade you, wish I could be there to hear. As Crabracer says, have the time of your life I'm sure everyone on dry land will be happy for you (and probably jealous that they can't join in the celebration!!).

Mad about tennis

You're right. We have seen our share of groups. I think that it is a great idea to let your guests know what the rules of conduct are. Many of them probably have not been to Jamaica or to any other Caribbean countries. It's not like going to another state back home, where things are pretty much the same. Not so in Jamaica.
    A very important part of the Jamaican culture is formed around "respect". You treat them nice, they treat you nice.
    Now with any large group that comes to the resort, having all the food and drink at their disposal, is something they are not used to. Some may have a bit more than their share of liquor and as a result, become just a bit unruly. I would tell all your guests to kind of police themselves. Keep an eye out for anyone who may become a little loud or over enthusiastic as a result of to much to drink.
    If there are singles in the group, remind them that everyone else at the resort is with their partner. This is primarily for the single male members of the group. I have known of some single guys who may have had more than their share of booze and start checking out some of the females or making comments that would be out of line. That would be a mistake. The women will be upset and so will their mates.
    Everyone should be able to enjoy themselves while they are there. So long as they don't go overboard with enjoyment.
    We will see you and your bride that day because we spend every day out on the island. But when there is a wedding, they ask us to leave earlier than the 5:00 closing time so that they can get things ready for your wedding.
    I hope everyone enjoys the experience.

Richie

When's the big day?

Thank you Crabracer. We will be sending out a memo to everyone. We are very excited to arrive.

Sorry we are cutting into your island time

Mgraulie - the wedding is 4/21/12

Congrat's on your big day! We as well getting married at CTI 4/21/2012 at 2pm on the beach and both of us are very excited for the day to arrive! We are a group of 12.... See you guys soon

Brandi & Steve As much as we love our island time, we don't mind giving it up for a young couple to get married. I hope the two of you will have a long and happy life together. We have been married for almost 45 years in May. If you can make it through the first 20-30 years, you'll be just fine.
    I would suggest that either prior to the wedding or soon afterwards, you both join us all during the day out on the rock. I think that it is a great way to start a long life together.

In any case, congratulations to both of you.

Richie

We where at CTI for our wedding in October. We didn't get married on the island but another couple did have theirs on the island while we where there. They had lots of music and where definitely having a good time out there but even though we could hear them it wasn't overly loud or disruptive (at least we didn't find it to be a problem). We also had two single guys with us in our party and it wasn't a problem at all. They where worried they would feel out of place but ended up having a blast and even said when they find their perfect match they're going to try and do this whole destination wedding thing themselves!
    Have a great time! I hope you can share your pictures with us. Having your wedding on the island must be beautiful. I loved mine on the beach, but that island is so nice!

Sounds like you'll have a lot of fun! We got married at CSA with only 14 guests and it was amazing. It's great that you're already thinking of the other guests. So considerate. Wrapping up at 10:00 isn't too late. You'll likely have people on the beach listening to the music.
    We've been to CTI but didn't get to the island (too shy), but we passed by with the cat cruise and... umm... isn't it kinda small for 60 plus staff and the band? Someone who's been out there, perhaps with a wedding party... what do you think?

Thank you for the best wish and your thoughts.
    Crabracer-we will probably join you the day that all of our guests and family leave. It may be best not to run into her father on the island

We were told the island capacity is 80, but we had to pay extra/person over 40.

Thanks
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicamecrazy View Post
    Sounds like you'll have a lot of fun! We got married at CSA with only 14 guests and it was amazing. It's great that you're already thinking of the other guests. So considerate. Wrapping up at 10:00 isn't too late. You'll likely have people on the beach listening to the music.
    We've been to CTI but didn't get to the island (too shy), but we passed by with the cat cruise and... umm... isn't it kinda small for 60 plus staff and the band? Someone who's been out there, perhaps with a wedding party... what do you think?

The island capacity is 80 peopole. We had to pay additional for every person over 40.

Crabracer - we will probably come out to island after everyone leaves. I don't think we want to run into some unexpected family members

Kristen and Adam - we are very excited also. It is a really good group of people going, please do not hesitate to introduce youselves and wedding party. It is kind of funny we will meet people we are already meeting people that are going to be there.

31 days till arrival........can not wait.