Default Carribean Airlines did away with Our Flight for 12-26-2012 out of Pa

I am still in disbelief because Carribean Airlines decided to cancel our flight leaving out of Pa for 12/26/2012/ I guess sometimes it doesn't pay to be proactive, organized etc... We paid for the flight and made all arrangement's and now we are being told to loose a day at CSA and tell them we cannot be there until the 27th.

My TA and I are so scrambling not make that happen as that decision does affect so many things in our personal life.

I am trying not to be dramatic... but gosh this is so unfair... we do have other options,however, the cost will increase anywhere from $500.00 per person or more for airfare with other airlines or loose a day at CSA .

I am just sharing my situation. Unfortunately, my husband has no idea as he works very odd hours and I guess I will tell him this weekend...

Carribean Airlines why ? Sales , profit etc... we were there on 12/26/2011 and the plane was full goint to MBJ.... I just don't understand...

Thank you for reading.
    Bernadette

I just posted a thread on this. Do what I did, instead of letting them cut your vacation short, try & get a flight on a day before, it worked for us. At least you have some time to work it out, our flight is the middle of May, '12, & I just found out about it a few days ago. Good luck. By the way, we booked our flight back in July, '11 & they never even contacted us. If it weren't for a friend on the mb, we wouldn't have known till it was too late.

Hope this isn't a sign of things to come. We used them in June of 2011 and really liked the flight. We booked our April of 2013 trip the other week and have several other couples that will be joining us on the trip and we plan on booking Air Jamaica again, hopefully.

I am from Phila. also and ran into the same problem for our July and December trips. If you are able to extend your trip there is a flight to Jamaica on that Monday. We were told that Caribbean air has changed the route plan to only fly certain days of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by bern_ford@comcast.net View Post
    Carribean (sic) Airlines why ? Sales , profit etc...
    They announced cuts in frequency and staff a few days ago, so apparently their current operations are experiencing issues with profit.

Sorry to hear you got caught in the scramble.

http://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-N...rt-Lauderdale/

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...-MoBay-offices

Hi,
    Our friends who are meeting us at CSS in July were also scheduled to fly on the Caribbean Air 6am flight out of Philly. I saw the post about Caribbean Air on the MB and emailed my friends immediately. It turns out that Caribbean Air had moved themfrom the Wednesday flight to the Saturday flight, without telling them! When they called the airline they were told that they would have been sent an EMAIL 2 weeks before their flight notifying them of the change! My friends were lucky and were able to book a flight on US Air. I'm not sure of the cost impact to them, but at least they still get to have 10 days in paradise! I hope you find an affordable flight option!

All the best!
    suzyQ

Thanks for all your inputs... Apparently Caribbean Air Jamaica feels they have the last word.
    We were also planning on using them for May 2013 and I hope like "me" things do not change as we have also like the flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofthebeach View Post
    I just posted a thread on this. Do what I did, instead of letting them cut your vacation short, try & get a flight on a day before, it worked for us. At least you have some time to work it out, our flight is the middle of May, '12, & I just found out about it a few days ago. Good luck. By the way, we booked our flight back in July, '11 & they never even contacted us. If it weren't for a friend on the mb, we wouldn't have known till it was too late.
    Thank God for friends on the mb.

This is terrible news because we're in the process of planning a trip back to CSA this December too. Hopefully the weekend flights won't be affected. We used Jamaica Air out of Kennedy Airport in NYC last December and loved getting into MB before 10am. Sitting down to lunch instead of dinner at CSA on my birthday made it all that more special.
    Good luck Bernadette I hope things work out for you!
    Steve

Right there with you..our June 27, 2012 flight out of PHL was also cancelled. Out TA got us on US Air..same day....2 hours later....7:55 AM...no additional cost.
    We had just used Caribbean Air this past Jan/Feb 2012.....only about 25% full on the way to MoBay.....only 16 passengers on the return trip from MoBay to PHL.....Looks like daily PHL to MBJ is a thing of the past....

Since 1999....28 trips to Jamaica.....we had only used Air Jamaica (Caribbean Air)...loved that 6 AM flight...on departure day and 6 PM flight on return day!

Now..we get there later...leave earlier...AND pay for any checked bags!!!

At least the US Air flight is direct....lessens the chance of US Air losing the bags (hopefully)..

This is why this message board is so great!!

We also had a Friday departure booked for June 22, out of Philadelphia, But Caribbean Air never informed us of the change. They were just going to put us on the 6/23 flight and we would of lost a day of the vacation. ( wish I could of expanded the trip but that was not an option this time around).

However thanks to this message board, and being informed of the problem I was able to call them and instead of loosing a day, got them to switch us from PHL to JFK. Id rather drive an extra hour to JFK than loose a day. The JFK flights are still 7 days a week. Hopefully the PHL cut back to 4 days will not last long.

If you do decide to get them to switch airports for you, make sure they switch both flights. They initially only switched one I pointed out I needed both legs changed. Make they read to you the whole itinary, including seat assignments

But thank you all, for the alerts!!!

Ire

Tom & Phyllis

Thank you all for your thoughts.. We still do not have a flight in MoBay for the 26th of December... and Air Jamaica/Caribbean Air simply do not care. Their solution is to suck up and arrive on the 27th...of December...