Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SSB activities?

Default SSB activities?

We will be going to SSB for the first time. What would you say are the activities that people are involved with throughout the day?

Thanks

Jay & Susan

When we were there the daily activities consisted of: Get Naked - Apply Sunscreen - Order Drink - Lay in Sun - Get in Pool - Order Drink - Socialize - Order Drink - Eat Lunch - Socialize More - Order Drink - Go to Dinner

The activites staff comes over a couple times a day to do "organized" games/contests like trivia and bottle fishing which are fun. I've also heard of Volleyball, drinking games and other stuff but we pretty much stuck to the above strategy

Pretty much the same activities as donjohnson when we went.
    We were there late February and there was trivia 3 times (participated 2 times) and not any other organized things. People did play bocce ball but volleyball is no longer allowed in the A/N area, just the "regular" pool and beach.

That is an awesome strategy donjohnson! I think we will follow your plan, with a few extra rounds of drinks!

donjohnson has it pretty well figured out! That's exactly what we did last week!! Some of the games we either did or saw were music, movie & Jamaican Trivia games, and Boche Ball. HAVE FUN!!!

donjohnson,
    What would you say was the average number of people at SSB the days you were there?

thx

Jay & Susan

Mid July 2011, I counted 18 couples in and around the pool on the busiest day. An intense volleyball game was taking place. It usually varies day to day and week to week. I think this past July was busier that years past, on average, 10 to 14 couples during our visits.

Jeff and Susan
    CSS: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010,
    2011, 2012, 2013
    CTI: 2009
    CN: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by ironranger View Post
    donjohnson,
    What would you say was the average number of people at SSB the days you were there?

thx

Jay & Susan
    Jeez...I'm supposed to remember things when I was drinking all day

Well, the last time we were there we met a bunch of other young people there (and still keep in touch with most of them) and there were probably 7-10 couples that hung out there every day. Then there were probably another 10-15 couples that would be either by the pool or on the beach. I'd say it probably averaged around 30-40 people when were were there.

We did have one day when the people from CTI came over...a few of us tried to go back to CTI but when we got there the island was closed due to red flag and so we just went back to CSS. That day there were probably at least 50 there and it was an absolute blast...one couple had been to couples over 60 times!

To me, one of the best things about SSB is that you feel like you're at your own private resort with just those 30-40 people...because it's separated by a forest/jungle from the main resort (check the map), you don't have gawkers (except for the fisherman on the river) and you've got a big beach, pool, food, sea, etc. that you would have at any other resort.

We go back in less than 3 weeks so if I can remember, I'll give you some updates based on our 2nd visit.

Just got back a few days ago. Without a doubt, 3pm Bocce Ball is the best!!! Veronique, the SSB bartender, will even play. You just need someone outgoing enough to walk around the beach and round people up. We easily had 6-8 couples playing each day. (Yo Stalker...you reading this???? Miss you bunches already!!!)

Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by MnK View Post
    Just got back a few days ago. Without a doubt, 3pm Bocce Ball is the best!!! Veronique, the SSB bartender, will even play. You just need someone outgoing enough to walk around the beach and round people up. We easily had 6-8 couples playing each day. (Yo Stalker...you reading this???? Miss you bunches already!!!)

Kristen
    Kristen, The stalker comes out!! Yes the bocce ball game was the highlight of the day. Everyone waiting for the 3:00 men vs. women match. Girls remember to practice before next year! It was a very good mixer to meet new people. ( Kelly McGillis we do miss you guys ) Chris hopefully you kept the game going and handed it off to the next group. Already planning next year!
    The stalker

Just booked CSS April 9-16 2013 Can't wait! Look forward to all of your postings.....makes it a little easier when you know what to expect!

Hi MnK and Stalker Rod, Yes, the bocce ball continued every day between 3:30 and 4. Usually had more people than balls. LOL. I guess that's because we told them if they didn't participate, they became targets. Just kidding. There have been a few more casualites (broken balls) so we had to improvise by using unripe bread fruit. You'd be amazed at how well Steve played using the bread fruit. He wouldn't let anyone else touch his special ball. We handed our cabana over to another Canadian couple on our last day on the condition that they continue the bocce ball tradition and hand it over to another reliable couple when they left. It's doubtful the balls will last another year so we will have to bring new balls with us when we return next year. Take care, be safe, see you next time. Keep in touch.

Chris (the finger) and Darlene

Rod....I love the number of posts you have!!!

OK... If the Bocce balls are worn out by the time we get there in October, please post and I'll bring a new set. Just hate to see a tradition fall....

Any word out there on how the bocci balls are holding up! Veronique hopefully you read these posts because we are counting on you to update the balls by the time we return!!
    The Stalker

Quote Originally Posted by novastar View Post
    OK... If the Bocce balls are worn out by the time we get there in October, please post and I'll bring a new set. Just hate to see a tradition fall....
    At SSB today...(last day dangit) I asked about the bocce balls two different bartenders, same from both, they got worn out and moved and now gone...

Guess my luggage might be a bit heavier this year going. One question though.... how the heck do you wear out a Boccie ball????

So someone must bring a couple of sets along...keep the tradition going!

Found out there's bocce ball in a local park in our area...somehow I think it may be a little different though.

MnK... the one big difference would be having to wear clothes at the park near you and not allowed to wear clothes at SSB!!!!

I brought Smash Ball and left it there in Jan. It's like badminton check in the pool machine room they might stash some of the games in there.

Don't plan on hot tubbing!!! The hot tub is a TOTAL PIECE OF JUNK.

Quote Originally Posted by MsHoo View Post
    Don't plan on hot tubbing!!! The hot tub is a TOTAL PIECE OF JUNK.
    Not sure when you went but the hot tub at SSB was replaced on July 1st, 2010 and we found it to be a very nice replacement to the worn out hot tub that used to be there.

SSB's New Hottub

and here you can see it to the right of the pool.

Sunrise at the SSB Pool
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

We loved the hot tub! Maybe its the old one you're referring too.

We where there in May.The hottub never worked a single day.

Quote Originally Posted by brent sabrina View Post
    We where there in May.The hottub never worked a single day.
    It was mostly working in a few weeks ago, but one day when it rained about 2 inches it would not get hot, just warm...course was warmer than the rain and with 5 couples in it we did not mind!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast