Default What to wear to the gala??

This will be our first time going to a Couples resort. We are going to CTI in April. I have no idea what is acceptable for a male and female at this gala. Is the dress supposed to be long? Isn't it too hot for this? lol Any suggestions or pictures of what you wore or would wear? What travels well? Clock is ticking and I'm lost! Keep in mind I am 25 and DO NOT want to be completely covered, but remain classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelyvelyfe View Post
    This will be our first time going to a Couples resort. We are going to CTI in April. I have no idea what is acceptable for a male and female at this gala. Is the dress supposed to be long? Isn't it too hot for this? lol Any suggestions or pictures of what you wore or would wear? What travels well? Clock is ticking and I'm lost! Keep in mind I am 25 and DO NOT want to be completely covered, but remain classy.
    Honestly, whatever you want...I only pack sundresses for our time at Couples...Long maxi ones and short ones. They are light and easy to pack and I can wear flat sandles with them if I choose...... As for the men, they don't have to wear jackets, but like linen pants, or nice dress shorts, tropical shirts or polo or golf shirts.....The only thing to remember for men, is there is one or two restaurants that then need to wear closed toed shoes and pants... Other than that it's very comfortable at CTI and all Couples for that matter...Enjoy...

Nathalie & Steve
    CTI...2009; 2010; 2011
    CN...2012; 2013
    CSS...2012
    CB....2014

Having been to CSS and CSA several times (married at CSS) I can tell you that most dinners (not the upscaled restaurants) or evening events I wear long tan pants and tropical shirts but at the beach party I wear dress shorts instead of the pants. Leather sandals should be fine if a bit dressier than old flip flops. Some men wear golf shirts as well. My wife and most women wear various styles of sun dresses and nice sandals. I have not been to the Gala at CTI but the one at CSS is held on the great lawn outside. If people from work had a summer poolside dinner party with no swimming what would you wear? That should give you a good picture. Comfortable but stylish. All four Couples Resorts do have upscale restaurants that require men to wear a collared shirt, slacks, and closed toed shoes (not sneakers or sandals) so don't forget to bring those either.

Hi! Take a look at the Victoria Secret website beach dresses or Title Nine dresses. You'll be sure to find something cute & appropriate. Women wear a wide variety from more casual beach dresses to fancy sequined dresses. Most men wear pants and a short sleeved button down. Have fun shopping!

Yankssox gave you the right recommendation for clothing, but I did want to let you know that the Gala is at CSS and not CTI. CTI has a beach party, but they don't have a Gala. CSS is the only Couples resort with a Gala.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

On Saturday evenings CTI has what they call a "Poolside Gala" but you probably wont find it much different from any other evening, although they do set up tables by the pool. Certainly, it is nothing like CSS's wonderful Gala.

The GALA is really an International Buffet on the patio and around the pool. you will see people in dresses, slacks, golf shirts, and shorts. Dress can be as casual as you like.

Monday at CSA is International Night which is the equivalent of the Gala Showcase at CSS.