Default HENDY/or if you know him

Hendy Or if you know him, please tell him about this post. Thanks.

This is another post on the main board that I did earlier this week.

Hendy, I wanted to make sure you saw this post. I owe you an apology for my part in the "conflict". I do hope you have a wonderful time at CTI. I hope there are no hard feelings.

Richie

That thread really did get out of control. In his defense, Hendy has never been to a Couples Resorts, and people seem to have all sorts of ideas about what others do, what is appropriate, etc. I'm sure that once Hendy arrives and gets the feel of the resort, he'll know what's appropriate and what's not.

But, Hendy, if you're out there, here's some friendly advice. Avoid doing too many Bob Marleys on your first day. You don't want to be "that guy" for the rest of your trip.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Hey Crabracer,

Yes it did get a little heated there, and I apologize on my part as well. I'll be sure to do a little more thinking myself before I post. Looking forward to enjoying what appears to be your second home, and meeting a lot of great friends while we're there. Just a little while longer. We'll be sure to let everyone know what a great time I'm sure we're about to have there.

One question though...for you or anyone else who has been there during March, is there often times were access to the island is burdened by weather or rough seas or is it fairly random like anywhere else? Just hoping to maximize our island time.

I'm glad that you and I were able to make amends. It left me with a sour note so I'm glad that we could put it behind us.

As to the island being closed from time to time. When they had the other boat, which was basically a row boat with a motor, it was difficult to get into and out of it. Especially at the island where you would swing your feet over the edge and jump into the water. It also only took two couples at a time.

Now that they have the new boat which is a pontoon style boat that can take 4-6 couples at a time, and at the island end, there is a new pier that makes it very easy to get out.

With the old boat, when winds were strong, and that happens a lot, they would close the island for safety reasons. The new boat can take most windy days so the island is closed a lot less often. Weather is always a factor so it's hard to know how often it will curb the activity on the island.

The island is usually open from 9-5 every day. But if there is a wedding planned for later in the day, they have us off the island at 3:00 or maybe 4:00.

Be on the dock by 8:45 in the morning so that you can catch the first ride. Sometimes the island fills up quickly depending on how many couples want to go over.

You'll love CTI. So I know that you will have a great time.

Richie

Hello Hendy,
    In the past, when the weather prevented guests from going to the Island, I know under certain cirmcumstances CTI has provided transportation to the AN beach at CSS. I'm not sure what the weather circumstances were, but when we stayed at CSS last year, folks came over from CTI and it wasn't a Trading Places day.

Hope you have a wonderful trip with good weather!
    suzyQ

Pamela,

No worries there, I'm one of the happiest rum drinkers you'll ever meet...and I can't help but be in a jolly good mood around Rhonda, lol. But I totally understand what you mean...I've had to deal with "that guy" at a recent wedding in the caribbean I was at. And it's not that he was "that guy
    on day one and made that rep...he kept it going just about every night. Not fun!

Good to hear about the new boat making the island trips a little more flexible, and I totally forgot about the possibility of hopping over to CSS. Thanks guys, just 10 more days!!