Thread: Tequila Anyone?

Default Tequila Anyone?

Does anyone know what brand of tequilas are served at CN?
    Thank You.

The cheap stuff! Buy some at duty free in your airport before you arrive The rum however is GREAT!

If you're looking for a yummy cocktail, try tequila, compari, and ting! So great in the pool! Drank them last week at cti and I'm already homesick!

Jose Cuervo gold and silver and I think the other is called Don Pepe??

The best I have ever seen is regular Cuervo Gold, but its not always there. The local brands of tequila are hideous! If you must have Tequila bring some, otherwise enjoy the awesome rum! Even the lower end rum in Jamaica is very good.

In Mexico drink tequila in Jamaica drink rum!!! LOL

OMG, Cuervo?! Ugh... Someone said Don Pepe, could it possibly be Don Julio??

klfhngr
    No definitely not Don Julio, sorry but the best they have to offer is Jose.

No Don Julio... I wish as redinthehead said, In Jamaica drink rum!

Thanks for the replies. I'm not THAT big of a drinker but I drink tequila straight up or on the rocks so the wrong brand ( Cuervo ) could be like drinking gasoline! Don "Julio" is OK but I'll take the advice and I'll scout out some tequilas at duty free as a back up. I'm not a rum drinker, too sweet for me.

Thanks

Hey man, Ill be there with you and I also am a gigantic tequila drinker. My fav being Corzo or Cabo, Also Herranduro ect.. My wife Kelly is also a tequila lover. This will be our fifth trip to couples and we will see you there April 20-28. Noticed you and Doug have been updating the roster. Anyway, Kelly and I dont mind the Cuervo silver- a bunch better than the gold. Shots for the most part, although there are some great mixed shots like the mexican desert. I have though about bringing a good bottle but chances are Kelly and I would kill it in one afternoon and waste the rest of the night trashed WE bring Jager( not available in Jamaica) and redbull( $3 a can if you buy it there) with us for shots before we go out at night (shakes the sun buz off and gives you a kick) Again, you will be ok with the silver. Se ya at the bar for a shot on the 21st.

The Appleton rum at the bar is not sweet at all, I just drink that straight up all vacation in place of Tequila. Goes well with My cigars

Quote Originally Posted by columbo View Post
    The Appleton rum at the bar is not sweet at all, I just drink that straight up all vacation in place of Tequila. Goes well with My cigars
    Good advice. I may have a misconception about rums and Jamaica may be the place to convert me. A rum loving friend told me that I need to explore better rums so I'll give it a try. He actually recommended Appleton. I'm a cigar smoker as well and many guys at my cigar club drink rum with their cigars. I'll be there tomorrow.

Thanks

Default Se ya there April 20

Quote Originally Posted by Soldoni View Post
    Good advice. I may have a misconception about rums and Jamaica may be the place to convert me. A rum loving friend told me that I need to explore better rums so I'll give it a try. He actually recommended Appleton. I'm a cigar smoker as well and many guys at my cigar club drink rum with their cigars. I'll be there tomorrow.

Thanks
    I love the cigars down there. I am looking forward to smoking a few with with all you folks!!! No matter what the drink

As I recall the Appleton rums served are the Special (basic) and the V/X (next step up). After that would be their Reserve then the 12, 21, and 30 year old. Don't expect to find this available at the resort bars as they are more expensive but if you get to the Appleton Estate or to a liquor store and want to splurge try them. I usually buy a bottle or two of the better rums at the airport on the way home. Customs these days are a pain if you don't buy it there. The 12, 21, and especially the more recent Limited Edition 30 year olds are sipping rums that equal or exceed many of the better brandys or cognacs. Go local and drink the rum mon. Save the tequila tasting for Mexico.

I just got back last night. Absolutely GREAT time. No spearmint leaves available onthe resort so my plans to drink Mojitos was shot but instead i drank WHITE Cuervo.......not bad at all. There certainly was enough available and enough wonderful staff to keep it flowing. What a great place!!

Looks like I'll be abstaining from tequila! Always willing to try something different, so RUM, here I come!