Default Sans Souci or Negril ? Need input

We have been to Sans Souci --thinking about Negril---I know there is no pool at the AN side but from what we heard the beach is great. Any advice. Thanks John and Marla

For AN CSS is far superior

We love CN. Yes, there is no pool on the AN side, but we prefer the ocean over the pool anyway and the beach is far superior to CSS. Several times a day, we grab a floatie and hang out in the calm waters of the bay. The beach isn't as big as at CSS, but it never seems crowded. The whole CN atmosphere seems more private and intimate because it is smaller. Yes, the CSS beach is a private cove, but even at SSB, you do have some public there at the river. The public walking by at CN bothers some people, but not us.

Very different resorts, both wonderful. We almost changed to CSS this year, but as one of our friends on the beach said the day we were leaving, when you have found perfection, why mess with it. To each his own, and I am sure you will enjoy either resort.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

John and Marla
    Do it! Last year after 5 trips to CSS and SSB we thought we'd check out the other side. Susan loves the ocean and beach much more than I. I'm more of a pool guy so I wasn't as sure. Neither of us had issues with the A/N area/beach being public so to speak since.

We loved it at CN. The A/N area was nice and private. The privacy issue when you walk out to the ocean was not a problem for us. In fact, I think we scared a lot of folks with clothes on, when they saw us they turned their heads and didn't look. HAHA. We thought it was fun to go streaking out to the ocean. The group that was at the C/N was old vets like us and great. The beach and view was incredible. The ocean water was a very pleasant and warm which surprised me how nice it was. When a group of us were in the ocean we took turns going to the bar and getting drinks... It was no big deal and very much like we do a SBB. We didn't have any issues with gawkers. We also love the big Jacuzzi.

We did a split only spending 3 nights a CN, and then transferred over to CSS for 7 nights. For us it was not big deal. We were on the road at 8 AM and arrived at CSS around 11:30ish. We had fun on our trip to CSS with driver stopping a couple of times which made our trip more of an adventure than a ride. Remember that CN is a different resort with its own uniqueness to explore. We will return to CN for a longer stay.

Jeff and Susan
    CSS: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010,
    2011, 2012, 2013
    CTI: 2009
    CN: 2011

The beach is beyond great and the bay is warm and wonderful.

We've been CN and CSS - felt uncomfortable for the people dressed in the water next to us!

I meant to say we prefer CSS because it is more private and you do not offend the people who are dressed! While at CN there is only a rope that separates us nudies.

Default CSS vs CN AN

Quote Originally Posted by WE <3 COUPLES View Post
    I meant to say we prefer CSS because it is more private and you do not offend the people who are dressed! While at CN there is only a rope that separates us nudies.
    We have been to both and have been to both AN areas, the one thing I did not like about CN was walking to and from the ocean. Since the actual beach is public, you will not only see and be around others that are clothed in and out of the bay. But there may be a time when a family with CHILDREN are walking the beach at the same time you are either going in or coming out. That's one of the reasons we choose CSS now.

Bigwillie glad you enjoyed your stay at CN, you and your group were a great deal of fun, we are part of the July group and heading back again this July.

CN, hands down the 'better', overall, of the two. If you are concerned about previous posts concerning the public walking by at CN, maybe one shouldn't be naked on that beach in Jamaica. I'm a parent of two teens/pre-teens and 'get' the point, but AN with your love, without kids accompanying, and at Couples for a limited stay?.....easy choice. The Bay is great, the sunsets are absolutely the best, and the short space between your chair and the water is worth the possibilities. CN is. simply, awesome....and, what one looks for in a Caribbean/Jamaican experience!

97 and a wake up back to CN
    Irie,
    TonyS

Quote Originally Posted by nazie View Post
    We have been to both and have been to both AN areas, the one thing I did not like about CN was walking to and from the ocean. Since the actual beach is public, you will not only see and be around others that are clothed in and out of the bay. But there may be a time when a family with CHILDREN are walking the beach at the same time you are either going in or coming out. That's one of the reasons we choose CSS now.
    I don't understand the concern about children. We've been to CN 5 times & have yet to see any children walking the beach.
    We have also been to Orient Beach in St. Martin where there were children and they couldn't care less. It's the parents that have hang ups.....kids love to run around naked so you won't scar them for life IF they happen to see you which is unlikely at CN
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

We've been to both and love both. You can't beat the beach at CN and the pool with food delivered at CSS is fabulous. When we head back we plan to spend one week at each. You can't go wrong checking out CN.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

CSS far better if you like AN

Not sure of the location of Couples Negril yet relative to the other resorts. But be aware that if it's on the "7 mile beach", it's public access up to the high tide mark. So sans any natural barriers, you will get vendors and visitors from other resorts walking through. Doesn't both us any but you might need to think about it. Vendors in Jamaica are pretty cool - even the "jewler/pharmacists" bless their hearts are discrete! The vendors don't pester you relentlessly like in Mexico and other places - a polite "No thanks" and "Respect" is ....well.... respected! Unfortunately this year probably due to the economy, etc. vendors were concentrating on those resorts that are still doing well plus there are lots of them close together in Negril. And the damn jetskis!! I know you are there, I can see you - enough with the "Negril/Waynes World Urrgh-Urrgh" BS all day long!!! Plus there were several vendors this year overtly peddling pot at the tideline which was annoying and giving security a tough time. We are not going back to Negril - any resort in Negril - for a while.

Hey Johnny, we met yourself and your better half last year at SSB. I can tell you that from what I see, SSB is the place to be. Yes, the beach at CN is better, but much more public. CSS is more remote and spread out than CN, We checked out all the Couples resorts again this year and are going back to CSS, Love the resort and love SSB. Going first week of October again, this year and cannot wait!!!!

Lloyd and Gillian

The beach itself is better at CN, but its not like you walk it. You walk straight into the ocean, but because you are at the end right next to the next hotel. your swimming area is very small. AT SSB, there are no roped off areas, and you can go out swimming or floating as far as you like. No worry about floating up beside someone that has a bathing suit on.