Default CSA or Negril or ??

Hello All,

Planning a trip for early next year (Jan or Feb) and just curious which you would recommend? We are a mid 20s couple. We enjoy luxury, relaxing, pool bars, nice beaches. Scuba diving is fun. Would like a place where you can have your bags packed/unpacked, beach food service, overall great service. Not huge into partying until 2am, but in for waking up @ 6am and watching the sun rise and hitting the bar @ 8am

Thanks for any and all insight!!

Bars don't open until 10am so you will have to hit your minibar. The resorts are not luxurious but clean and comfy and Caribbean styled I would say. The Negril resorts have the nicest beaches. Swept Away is our favorite and we have trip#5 booked. Good luck

There is no pack and unpack service and I wouldn't say the place is luxurious, but the grounds are lush, the rooms are classic Caribbean (tropical or wood/white linen), and the facilities decors are modern or traditional depending on which resort you are at. There is only beach drink service, but most resorts have food options that are right by the beach or that have outdoor tables on the beach (Seagrapes at CSA).

You will see the most fabulous sunsets if you are on the Negril side, but no sunrises. Look at pictures and read reviews to see if one of the resorts is your style. The service, food, drink, and atmosphere are awesome at each resort. Good luck deciding.

There is also no butler service.

I prefer CSA as it is just so intoxicating. A wonderful Caribbean experience. The beach is fantastic and breathtaking. The food is great. I think you should take a look at some of the pictures on the website or TA and see which style, if either, is right for you. There isn't a lot of night life, however the bar tenders at the bars are great and you have a great minibar in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeCeee View Post
    Hello All,

Planning a trip for early next year (Jan or Feb) and just curious which you would recommend? We are a mid 20s couple. We enjoy luxury, relaxing, pool bars, nice beaches. Scuba diving is fun. Would like a place where you can have your bags packed/unpacked, beach food service, overall great service. Not huge into partying until 2am, but in for waking up @ 6am and watching the sun rise and hitting the bar @ 8am

While I can't suggest anywhere else to you, I can say this:

Luxury: Depends on what you mean. The couples resorts aren't granite/polish type resorts (CTI probably the most modern).

Unpack/pack - Don't think this is offered
    Beach service - Drinks yes, food - I'm not sure... though from what I hear you're better to get up and get it from the bar
    Great service - doubt you'll find better.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeCeee View Post
    Hello All,

CN has an incredible beach, the pool bar is a great atmosphere, and the scuba diving is at the same sites as CSA, but I can definitely vouch for the staff at the CN scuba hut. Those guys are awesome. No beach food service at any of them, but they do have a red flag service on the beach at CN, so you can have your drinks brought to you, but wherever you are on the beach, there is always a bar within 15 seconds of your chair, plus they have a self-serve cocktail station on the beach itself. I don't think its possible to stay up past 11p at any of the resorts, because after drinking and doing other activities in the hot sun all day, you will be pretty wiped.

Not sure what you mean by pack-unpack service, but we have traveled a lot, and even if they had a service of messing with my luggage, I would definitely not use it.

As a reference point, we are divers in our mid-30's, been to CN 3 times in the last 4 years, love to have fun, party, and be active, and can stay up late at home, but not in Jamaica.

Good luck!