Default Romance Rewards, Bummer

My wife and I got married at CSA in April 2010 and had a wonderful 9 night stay. When we got home we were just too busy and forgot to check on the romance rewards. We are now planing our return trip home to celebrate our anniversary in 2013. We dug out our login for our romance rewards and got the big ol goose egg under nights stayed. I see that the rules state you have up to a year but we have gone past that. So, for any of you new timers out there be certain to check on your romance rewards. We were looking forward to the t-shirts (hey...it's the simple things) and dinner but I guess that will have to wait. Any who, we know that we are repeat guests and we know we will have a great time so that's about all that matters :-) April 2013 here we come.

I'd call/email....whatever....what can you lose?

Contact Couples directly (click on "contact us" at the bottom of the Couples site) and explain to them what happened. They are very accommodating and will help you correct this. They have helped us correct problems with this before. Relax...no problem.

I don't understand?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNDeb View Post
    My wife and I got married at CSA in April 2010 and had a wonderful 9 night stay. When we got home we were just too busy and forgot to check on the romance rewards. We are now planing our return trip home to celebrate our anniversary in 2013. We dug out our login for our romance rewards and got the big ol goose egg under nights stayed. I see that the rules state you have up to a year but we have gone past that. So, for any of you new timers out there be certain to check on your romance rewards. We were looking forward to the t-shirts (hey...it's the simple things) and dinner but I guess that will have to wait. Any who, we know that we are repeat guests and we know we will have a great time so that's about all that matters :-) April 2013 here we come.
    ......I had a similar situation. Forgot who I contacted at Couples, but he got it squared away. You really don't want to miss the returnees dinner. Or the returnees message.

Thanks for the little pep talk oxbgirl and rckbert. I used the contact us link at the bottom of the page and will see if anything comes from it. No matter what there will be a good outcome to all of this, we're going home!

When you clicked on the "contact us" link you also get the "Romance Rewards Coordinator" link to send a request. If this does not get you a response quickly enough or to your satisfaction call the 800 number to talk to the Florida office. Couples wants to keep you happy and coming back so this should all work out fine. Also remind them when you check in. Not sure what perks you qualify for but at least make sure you get the repeat guest dinner. You are after all coming home to Couples.
    First Love [0-5 Nights Stayed]
    Trading Places Pass for one day / exchange with a Couples Resort in the same town, subject to availability, reservation required 24 hours in advance.
    Invitation to the Repeat Guests Dinner on all your repeat visits.

Young Love [6-13 Nights Stayed]
    Trading Places Pass for one day / exchange with a Couples Resort in the same town, subject to availability, reservation required 24 hours in advance.
    Couples t-shirts
    Invitation to the Repeat Guest Dinner (one invitation per stay)
    $100 Resort credit*
    Couples' snack pack upon departure

Well, it was worth a shot but rules are rules. You have 12 months from your checkout date to contest the rewards and we are well past that. So, no t-shirts and snack pack for us :-) Maybe next time, that is if I don't forget again. However, I think the little woman will help me remeber this time :-)

FYI, friends of our forgot to register for the Romance Rewards completely. When they arrived at the resort, they told the person who checked us in. They looked up their previous stay and invited them to the return guest dinner on the spot. They didn't get the shirts (sorry) but they did get to the dinner which was nice.

Romance Rewards has had problems mainly in not showing nights earned. I have had to ask them a few times to make sure they post my points. I'm sure they will help you and let you get your reward points.

Well, I called the Florida desk and got the same thing, I didn't confirm within 12 months so nope, not going to update it now. I can't remember what happened last week so trying to figure out what I did or did not do approx 2 years ago just isn't going to happen so it is time to move on. Thanks for everyone's suggestions.