Default Newbie Eloping to CSA??

Hi!!
    What a cool forum! My fiance and I are ditching our planned November wedding in favor of eloping ASAP. I'm just over the planning & details!! Know what I mean?!

Neither of us have stayed at an all inclusive before, and are having a really tough time choosing a spot! We're young 30's, like to eat & drink...would like the option to do some fun excursions, but an amazing beach is priority #1. Our travel agent loves CSA, and recommended we check it out. Would love to hear feedback on the resort...tripadvisor seems so unreliable for reviews these days.

Thoughts on anything appreciated, but especially: Couples vs. other all inclusive resorts, weddings, room selection (agent recommended atrium), safety off the resort...and any tips that can help us make a final decision!

Thanks so much!!
    C

Name:  249747_1753954092725_1355109221_31536319_5176599_n.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  46.7 KBHaving been to CSS 3 times (married there) and CSA for the third time next month I want to tell you that you can't go wrong getting married at Couples. Plan your wedding for late morning as if there is rain it usually showers a short time in the afternoon. CSA has the best beach of all four Couples Resorts in Jamaica. If it's a beach you want you found the right place. Try to book a Beachfront Suite if possible (book early). Mere steps from the beach in a 2 level beach house type building. These are not your usual hotel like buildings but each only has 4 units in it. The windows have screens and wooden adjustable louvers but no glass so you can hear the waves and tree frogs at night. No TV in these rooms so quieter and who goes to paradise to watch TV anyway. Especially on your honeymoon! Far better things to do. I have been to different islands and tried different Resort companies and I have to say that Couples knows how to give you the beach resort experience. Lay on your beach lounge and raise your drink flag to get service without having to get up. Walk the famous Seven Mile Beach in the morning past several other resorts and establishments. Hit the martini bar in the early evening, a little entertainment on the main stage, then move on the the Aurora Lounge for late night music and dancing. Great food with many choices of restaurants. Not to mention the nicest sunsets you will ever see. You will love it.

Cathomas,
    List to your travel agent, and rckbert on here. If beach is what you want, CSA is it. I have been to Paradise Island Bahamas, Cable Beach Bahamas, Punta Cana DR, Playa Mujeres Cancun, and Aruba and CSA's beach tops them all ten fold. Choose either the Atrium or beachfront suites, as mentioned no TV, you will not care. There are fancier A/I you can look into but IMO, none better for a wedding and or honeymoon. All drinks are top shelf, rooms are laid back and comfortable and the food is pretty amazing for an A/I. The only offsite excursions we have done from CSA is the golf at Negril Hills and the included Cat Cruise. There really is no need to leave the resort unless you are compelled to do the tourist deal by going to Rick's for a sunset. I enjoy the sunsets just fine at CSA, same sun, better view and the drinks are included (not over paying for a watered down well offering) Go and you will know

Default Eloping at CSA

Quote Originally Posted by Cathomas View Post
    Hi!!
    What a cool forum! My fiance and I are ditching our planned November wedding in favor of eloping ASAP. I'm just over the planning & details!! Know what I mean?!

Neither of us have stayed at an all inclusive before, and are having a really tough time choosing a spot! We're young 30's, like to eat & drink...would like the option to do some fun excursions, but an amazing beach is priority #1. Our travel agent loves CSA, and recommended we check it out. Would love to hear feedback on the resort...tripadvisor seems so unreliable for reviews these days.

Thoughts on anything appreciated, but especially: Couples vs. other all inclusive resorts, weddings, room selection (agent recommended atrium), safety off the resort...and any tips that can help us make a final decision!

Thanks so much!!
    C

We eloped at CSA last year & we wouldn't do it any other way!! It was romantic & CSA made it a perfect experience...

Great Idea!!! We eloped in '08 in Vegas, gave up planning in the middle & just ran off without telling a soul! It was the most fantastic wedding that was 100% about us & our commitment to eachother. We didn't want to spend OUR day worrying about if someone's dinner was cold! You get so wrapped up in the planning that you lose sight of waht it's all about. Couples will take such good care of you! We went to CN for our Honeymoon & have been making the rounds for each anniversary..We are heading to CSS in 6 days for our 4th anniversary & we still feel like crazy newlyweds who Eloped! Congratulations!!!

We got married at CSA 5 years ago and will be back in 40 days to celebrate our 5th anniversary! **Happy dance!** We didn't quite elope because all our friends and family knew, but it was just the 2 of us. I researched other islands and resorts, including the "S" resort and I'm so glad I chose CSA because it has a very relaxed romantic atmosphere....perfect spot to start your life together as a married couple.

For the wedding itself, rckbert is right...go for a late morning wedding because you'll be guaranteed sunny blue skies. As you get closer to 3pm, there's a very good chance that you'll get showers and will have to move your ceremony. We chose 11am and it was perfect...not a could in the sky and not excrutiatingly hot. Everyone at CSA was fantastic, especially the wedding coordinator - she took care of everything. We met with her the day after we arrived to go over some of the details and all I had to worry about on the wedding day was getting ready to say "I do!"

Default Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rckbert View Post
    Name:  249747_1753954092725_1355109221_31536319_5176599_n.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  46.7 KBHaving been to CSS 3 times (married there) and CSA for the third time next month I want to tell you that you can't go wrong getting married at Couples. Plan your wedding for late morning as if there is rain it usually showers a short time in the afternoon. CSA has the best beach of all four Couples Resorts in Jamaica. If it's a beach you want you found the right place. Try to book a Beachfront Suite if possible (book early). Mere steps from the beach in a 2 level beach house type building. These are not your usual hotel like buildings but each only has 4 units in it. The windows have screens and wooden adjustable louvers but no glass so you can hear the waves and tree frogs at night. No TV in these rooms so quieter and who goes to paradise to watch TV anyway. Especially on your honeymoon! Far better things to do. I have been to different islands and tried different Resort companies and I have to say that Couples knows how to give you the beach resort experience. Lay on your beach lounge and raise your drink flag to get service without having to get up. Walk the famous Seven Mile Beach in the morning past several other resorts and establishments. Hit the martini bar in the early evening, a little entertainment on the main stage, then move on the the Aurora Lounge for late night music and dancing. Great food with many choices of restaurants. Not to mention the nicest sunsets you will ever see. You will love it.
    Thank you for taking the time to reply, and for all the helpful info! And that picture?? WHOA! So excited!

Thank you!! I'm seeing a trend on this board with the Atrium recommendations I can't wait, thank you for the info!

Thank you! As soon as we mentioned the thought of ditching all the plans, I knew it was the right thing to do. I'm so excited Thanks for the extra vote of confidence!

We did it in 2004 and it was the best decision we have ever made. Swept Away is pure paradise and we have been back 3 times with our 5th trip booked. It was a second marriage for both of us and utterly was the best day and week ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Cathomas View Post
    Hi!!

Thanks so much!!
    C

My wife and I did exactly what you are doing, except we did it at CN. The planning and inviting became way too much of a hassle and since we were going to Jamaica for our honeymoon we just said screw it and got married down there also. We did have a few friends come down just for the wedding but they stayed at a different resort. You will not regret it one bit.

As for your questions, we take two types of vacations in my home; family vacations (theme parks, local beaches, etc) and then "mommy and daddy" vacations. When we go on an adult vacation we prefer Couples to other AI resorts because frankly we are there with other people who have the same wants that we do. No single raging party animals. No kids. We can be left alone or interact with other couples if we want.

The wedding was perfect for us. Now if you want a huge production, and I assume you don't based on your intro, then I would not suggest it. We had a very nice ceremony on the beach at sunset with half a dozen friends in attendance. A steel drum band played "One love" by Bob Marley as she walked down the beach to where we were married. Signed the certificate in the garden and cut the cake. Had some champaign, danced, took pictures and then we had dinner at Othahite with our friends before sending them on their way so we could start our honeymoon. It was simple. It was laid back. There was no stress and it worked out perfectly for us.

And we'll be back for our anniversary in 391 days. Sorry I can't help with the Swept Away part. Haven't stayed there yet but I hear great stuff about it. Couples Negril just called to us more.

Default Thanks so much!

Thanks so much! I'm loving all the feedback, it's really made me feel like we've found our place. I've heard amazing things about CN as well. We're in some serious need of some R &R, so CSA seems to have the chill vibe we're craving. Thanks again!

I just got married at CSA last week (3/14). I have been to Jamaica 3 times and this was my 2nd trip to CSA. I stayed in an Atrium both times.

I could ramble here for hours but I'll keep it short...DO IT and don't worry!! The resort is perfection (well, as close to perfection as can be, plus, being your 1st all inclusive I suggest you get prepared to be HOOKED! )

The wedding-NO WORRIES! They take care of everything! You will meet with the wedding coordinator the day after your arrival, lay out all your plans, and then you just relax until your day when everything happens just the way you planned it but without all the stress etc.

I had Stacey Clarke as my photographer but I also ended up buying some photos from the resort photog...I just adore him and I think he did a great job!! Here's a link to some photos (wedding and resort photos): http://photobucket.com/mywedding3-14-12

The room? Atrium all the way. Personally I prefer a room in the 2124 area but none are bad. We were in 1123 this time and it was a little too close to the Palms so we heard the nightly entertainment which is no big deal but a couple nights I wanted to listen to my own tunes on the iPod and that just wasn't happening until after 11 PM (seriously, that was the only issue!). We worked with it though - long walks around the resort getting "lost" in the dark was very romantic and even a little fun because you really can get lost if you've had too much wine! Lol!

Feel free to email me with any additional questions and I'll have resort photos (all 1500+ of them!) available sometime this weekend...or at least that's the plan...so I'll can send you some if interested. My email: mandylion11 @ yahoo . com
    http://tinypic.com/a/19if6/3 - pix from CSA 8/18-8/25