March 12th, 2012, 07:29 PM #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2011
CSA Atirum Suites question - can't find answers on previous threads
Hello everyone! Only 38 more days till we go home to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. We've been saving the money since the day we got back from our honeymoon.
We reserved the Atrium suites and I've been scanning the boards but have found some conflicting information. Any answers would be super helpful in our planning.
1. Are there mini-fridges in the Atrium Suites now? I know at one point they did not, but has that changed? I read somewhere you can request that they be stocked with a few items to be there when you arrive. Is this true?
2. I heard some rooms might have a partial ocean view. Is this true? I assume they are 2nd Floor rooms. If they have a partial view are they still relatively private? Anyone know which rooms those are or which building numbers?
3. Are the rooms close enough to the main lobby that you are bothered by it?
4. Can people see you on your balcony?
5.My husband is a smoker. Will this be a huge problem in the Atrium balconies?
6. Are we allowed to bring incense or scented candles so as not to bother our neighbors?
Thanks so much! Our second honeymoon couldn't be here sooner.Going back for our 2nd Honeymoon / 5 year anniversary in April ! YAY!!!!
March 13th, 2012, 08:29 AM #2
- Join Date
- Jun 2009
Congratulations on your anniversary.
1. Yes there are fridges (these are the mini bars) in all Atrium rooms, actually I think they are in all rooms now. They will have some essential items when you arrive, water, beer and a couple of fruit juice cans. There will also be bottled liquor of various types stocked in your room. There will be a sheet to leave for requested items to be added to what is there. They will do their best to honor your requests.
2. A partial view of the ocean is simply a matter of the draw on what room you get. We had a ground floor Atrium last year that had a partial view of the ocean between the trees and buildings in front of us. Not a great view, but still there.
3. Some rooms are relatively close to the lobby or Palms restaurant. As far as being a bother, that is a matter of personal opinion. Some say it does not bother them at all, others say the noise and activity is distracting or annoying.
4. Yes, if someone walks by your room they can see onto your balcony or verandah. Not a big deal to most people from either side of the issue. Again, it is personal opinion and preference. Second floor will offer a bit more privacy than ground floor.
5. Smoking outside will not be a bother.
6. Incense and candles are discouraged, fire hazard and all. But there are folks that bring such items for personal use. Please use common sense and due caution with such items to avoid accidents. As far as bothering your neighbors, I think I get your drift, I don't think you have to worry about that, we're all adults.
Have a great trip!
March 13th, 2012, 12:04 PM #3
- Join Date
- Apr 2011
1: Yes, all the Atriums have mini fridges that are stocked with water, Caribe and soda. You can request other beverages on your mini bar slip. They will arrive either later in the day or the next day. We had various mixers/juice in our fridge and a full bottle of vodka and rum on the bar. We got champaigna couple of nights too.
2. Yes, some rooms do have beach views. I'm not 100% sure of the numbers though. Our first room was 1132 (ground floor) and we were right next to the main pool and Palms. We could see the beach from our patio. Unfortunately I'm a light sleeper and I did't want to be next to the Palms, so we requested a room change and ended up near the lobby 2216 - 2nd floor.
3. I was not bothered by being near the lobby, and found it convenient at times.
4. Yes, people can see you on the balcony/patio but I found that we rarely saw our neighbors other than the occasional morning or later while have a cocktail on the balcony before dinner. It wasn't bothersome, although if your neighbor likes to walk around in the buff you might get an unexpected eye full.
5. One of our neighbors was a smoker but I didn't notice it when we were on our balcony just sometimes when we were walking out the door or on the walkway that I'd get a whiff.
6. I can't answer this question. You might need to read through the hotel info about candles. You could always email guest relations too.
Another thing to remember is you can't request a specific room number but email the resort and let them know if you have issues, like not wanting an upper floor due to knee injury, etc. The front desk was helpful when I requested a room move. We just left our bags packed and had them ready for the bell hop who moved them from one room to another. We just exchanged keys and it was very simple.
March 13th, 2012, 01:02 PM #4
- Join Date
- Sep 2009
1. Are there mini-fridges in the Atrium Suites now? I know at one point they did not, but has that changed? I read somewhere you can request that they be stocked with a few items to be there when you arrive. Is this true?yes its true, if you are a romance reward member you can presect what you want.
2. I heard some rooms might have a partial ocean view. Is this true? I assume they are 2nd Floor rooms. If they have a partial view are they still relatively private? Anyone know which rooms those are or which building numbers? Yes some rooms may have a partial view and still private
3. Are the rooms close enough to the main lobby that you are bothered by it?not alot going on in the main lobby to be bothered by, so no. all we heard in our two trip were the tree frogs, drums from the Palms at night, foutain in kio pond and a few time we heard people walking by. Nothing to keep up from rebooking the Atrium again.
4. Can people see you on your balcony?bottom floor yes, top floor maybe depending on where they are standing or walking by. I dont think anyone is really trying to look.
5.My husband is a smoker. Will this be a huge problem in the Atrium balconies?I wouldn't think so, usless the wind is blowing it into someone elses room and their in the room.
6. Are we allowed to bring incense or scented candles so as not to bother our neighbors?Bother your neighbors from what; candle or incense can be just as bothersome as smoke. But I think it would really depend on wind and if neighbors are in their room at the same time. My DH somked cirgars on ours and didn't have any complaints, well not that we know of' not sure who our neighbors where, lol.
March 14th, 2012, 12:39 PM #5
- Join Date
- Mar 2011
Thank you all so much. This is definitely helpful!Going back for our 2nd Honeymoon / 5 year anniversary in April ! YAY!!!!