Default First timers to Couples, All Inclusives, and Jamaica!

Wow, the title makes us sound quite like the newbies! Well we totally are! This will be our first vacation to Jamaica, Couples, and the All Inclusive experience! We are very excited, and want June to be here now! We are going to be there from June 19th - 26th!! WooHoo

I'll go through the forums and see what great suggestions everybody has!

Welcome to the message board! Its LOADED with tons of great people and info!

Couples Ocho Rios 2005/2006
    CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

Be prepared..you will become addicted to Couples and Jamaica. Once you go, you know!

Have a great time, you will love the AI experiance and nobody does that better than Couples.

no shame in being a newbie, il be going to couples for the first time this summer and i`m wishing i could speed up the calendar

We are in the same boat as you, first time for everything! We are headed to CSS March 8th-16th....can't wait!

You'll love it!

CSS April 2010
    CSS April 2011
    CSS April 2013.... soon come!

My 1st visit was in January at CTI ~

It didnt take long to feel comfortable
    Staff was wonderful & I eaisly met alotta new friends.

Cant wait to go for my 2nd visit !!

Let go of home problems & lEnjoy your visit.

I am jealous! I still remember our first experience! We were blown away. Going back for trip Number 8. Enough said.

We are making our 4th trip to Couples Negril in 6 short/long days. One thing that hasn't changed is that we are still as excited to be going as when we were "newbies". Welcome to paradise!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ctboaz View Post
    Wow, the title makes us sound quite like the newbies! Well we totally are! This will be our first vacation to Jamaica, Couples, and the All Inclusive experience! We are very excited, and want June to be here now! We are going to be there from June 19th - 26th!! WooHoo

I'll go through the forums and see what great suggestions everybody has!
    Which resort?

Aw yes I remember the first time we got off the shuttle at CN. My wife was laughing at me as it seemed all I could say was, "wow, it looks just like the pictures only better, I feel as if I have been here before" since I had perused the message boards and looked at all the pictures I could for months leading up to our first trip. In 15 days, we will arrive for our 4th time to CN and after the welcome home I will look at my wife and say "wow, it looks just like the pictures only better, I feel as if I have been here before!" she will laugh again and we will be home.

We will be newbies to Couples Swept Away in October, but I think I can't use my "wow" line there, it would just not be right.

Was just looking through old emails today. An exchange with the travel agent reminded me of how bad my experience was at CSA. I had only 1 "WOW" moment during my honeymoon there. But there were plenty of moments of dissapointment. Before going to CSA we stayed at CTI. CTI is amazing. Its much cleaner and personal. I planned to write Couples when I returned home. I still get too angry to do so when I think about my time at CSA. I am sure many people have a good experience though. Just dont go to CSA from CTI and all might seem acceptable.

We are heading to CSS. Sorry, I didn't reply earlier, my company seems to think I can't start vacation right now! Geeze! Thank you for all the replies, we can't wait!

First time with no kids either! Love the kids, but will love being in paradise without them as well!

You and me both! Needs to be here, and then it needs to get stuck while we are there!

That is because if Couples is the best Couples CTI is the best of the best!!!! Focus on the positive each resort is unique, and therefore appeals to individuals in a different manner. CTI is our Couples home but it is always nice to visit the other locations :-)

We were at CN in '09 and we were WOWed when we first arrived. Everything was better than expected. It took us one dinner and one breakfast to figure things out and then we were veterans. We are going back in April, we can't wait. I have never been anywhere that makes you feel as welcome and at ease as CN.

Sorry folks but CTI isn't even close to CN (in my opinion) but that's why there's chocolate & vanilla ice cream right ?
    It might be that you become attached to the first Couples resort you stay at and then compare all the others to that experience.....but you really can't duplicate that first experience......
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

I am in the same boat with you...new to all in your list - Jamaica, all inclusive, Couples...even being out of the country (for me). Our honeymoon isn't until late November so I am already counting down the days!!

Britnee
    252 days!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Sorry folks but CTI isn't even close to CN (in my opinion) but that's why there's chocolate & vanilla ice cream right ?
    It might be that you become attached to the first Couples resort you stay at and then compare all the others to that experience.....but you really can't duplicate that first experience......
    Chocolate and vanilla, indeed...

Our first two trips were to CN and were both equally amazing. But it wasn't until we hesitantly tried CTI on trip number three that we were truly blown away. There are things about CN that we truly miss (namely the beach, but we also think the food is a touch better), but CTI just feels like home.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!