Default Alcohol availability at Sans Souci

This will be our 4th visit to Couples, and our third return to Sans Souci. We have always had a fabulous time, and our one request for our upcoming trip, March 22 - 31 is for Ketel One vodka at the balloon bar and some Appleton Estate 21 year old rum - perfect for sipping neat! (the 30 year old Appleton would be fabulous, but may be pushing the limit!) Any chance of getting these at the Balloon Bar?

Bob & Mary C.

As nice as it would be to get the 21 year old Appleton Rum you must remember that it sells for over $100 a bottle and the 30 year sells for over $350! You can't expect them to start putting that in all the mixed drinks they serve here and yes...although you want to sip it most people would request it for mixing just because it is there. I can't remember the vodka that they serve. All inclusive does not equate to no limits but I admire your taste. It is fun to stop and appreciate the "good stuff" at times. If I do see any of this show up on my next visit I want to thank you in advance!

Hi,
    Why not try emailing your request to Guest Services at CSS and they can pass it along to the bar manager at the Ballon Bar?

Good Luck!
    suzyQ

Forget the Ketel One, go with Grey Goose. Much smoother. I was a KO drinker until I tried GG, now I won't touch the stuff. Way to harsh. Try the Goose.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I agree with Coloradojuli. Grey Goose is my favorite vodka. It is offered at a couple of the bars at CSS. This vodka is so smooth!!! Have a great trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    Forget the Ketel One, go with Grey Goose. Much smoother. I was a KO drinker until I tried GG, now I won't touch the stuff. Way to harsh. Try the Goose.
    I agree, Grey Goose is the best.

Buy some of the rum at the resort. I bet they have it and sip all you want!

2 years ago when I was at CTI I believe they had some Grey Goose at the piano bar... just one bottle, and it was gone quickly, but I did get a martini out of it

Hi!
    I agree with Coloradojuli! Grey Goose is my vodka of choice!!!! Love it in a filthy dirty martini at the Balloon Bar! Try it---you might like it!!!!:-)

All the best,
    suzyQ

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    You're bananas...Grey Goose is commercialized and tastes more like Absolut. I drink Ketel on the rocks with a lime and it goes down like water. Sure the goose is an ok alternative but I'd almost rather have Finlandia because of the price difference.

For those that want a cool vodka taste, try the Three Olives "Bubblegum" vodka. It's like you're drinking a pack of bubblicious gum

Sorry, I'm not really a vodka snob and I know all tastes are different but one of my pet peeves is people who will choose the goose over ketel...I'll watch people at a wedding order GG all night because it's trendier to say and meanwhile I'll have the ketel all to myself.