Default Are there usually alcoholic beverages at U.S. airports while you are waiting?

It is the first time in a long time since I have been on a plane and I have never seen the ocean or been to another country before and I am super nervous about flying! I have pretty bad anxiety at times so it would be nice to get a couple alcoholic beverages to calm the nerves. Haven't been to an airport since I was 9! Thanks!

Usually once you get through security, there are restaurants like Applebee's or something where you can sit down and eat or just get a few drinks at the bar. Bloody Mary's before I get on a plane (if there is time) is a tradition for us

Britnee
    250 days till CTI

Always. On the plane, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachie25 View Post
    It is the first time in a long time since I have been on a plane and I have never seen the ocean or been to another country before and I am super nervous about flying! I have pretty bad anxiety at times so it would be nice to get a couple alcoholic beverages to calm the nerves. Haven't been to an airport since I was 9! Thanks!
    Yes, there will be restaurants/sports bars on the concourses for your beverage enjoyment.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Yes, there are bars in the terminals of the airports I have been to in the US that you can get a drink at. I am guessing they are all like that. And I believe most planes will also sell you alcohol if you want to pay the price for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachie25 View Post
    I've yet to be in a U.S. airport that DIDN'T have bars serving alcohol. Unless your flight takes off super-early in the morning, you should be able to find and open bar in the airport!
    You can also buy little bottles of liquor on the airplane once in flight.

Have a good flight and ENJOY your VACATION! You picked a wonderful location to get your first look at the Caribbean Sea! The prettiest Sea in the World in my opinion!

Depends, if you have a super early flight you may not be able to find a cocktail

Sometimes, if you have a very early flight, the bars probably will not be open. In fact we have always been on the 6:00 AM flights out of STL and even the restaurants were not open yet to grab some breakfast, we arrive at the airport between 4:00 and 4:30. We have been able to grab something to eat at our layover airport though before boarding the final leg to MoBay. I would say by 7 or 8 AM you can find a drink at most airports if you want. Or just wait till you arrive at MoBay and have a beer at the Couples lounge. That is usually our first drink on vacation.

Have a great trip!

Be prepared to pay on your flight for a cocktail--$7-$10 and use a CC to pay for it, unless you get to fly First Class.
    Vicky

Not sure what time or day you are traveling, but some states do have laws that can not serve during specific times (or Sunday's). I am sure google can help you find out....or post here and someone may share their experience.

No matter, the trip will be worth it I promise!!!

ok- Thoughts from a frequent traveler who does not care for planes. Forget getting the ETOH at the airport because you will likely have only enough time to get to the gate let alone stop for a drink. Buy some nips...vodka..rum or both before you get to the airport and have them as you rliquids in a 1 quart bag along with your other liquid essentals. Keep them in your carry on for easy access. On the plane order- OJ, tomato juice, coke or whatever to mix. Do not mix iin front of the flight attentant. Mix...sit back enjoy

We have some of the mini alcohol bottles (2oz) size and we fill them with our liquor of choice and put it in our carry-on as part of the liquids we take with us. All we have to do is find a coke and mix! No need to be concerned if the bars are open yet. You can get the bottles at your local liquor store, but don't throw them away as they are reusable. We fill them up with liquor from our mini-bar for the trip home.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

What a great idea. I just added that to my "Vacation Notes" list.

Only one word to the wise - airlines reserve the right to deny boarding to any passenger who seems overly inebriated....I saw this happen one time - the passenger said she had taken a valium followed by a few beers as chasers....she was pretty loopy, but insisted she wasn't drunk. Anyway, the gate attendant made her and her companion stay behind. It ended up being a pretty big (hostile) deal.

So, if you're not a big drinker ordinarily, don't have too much before boarding (and don't mix and match with any tranqs)!