Default CSA early May fully booked

First, I would like to thank most everyone on here for all the great information and tips on (but not limited to) choosing, booking, planning, and traveling not to mention eating, drinking, exploring, partying, sleeping, drinking, swimming, parting, relaxing, did I mention drinking and parting...anyway... to all the great locations Couples offers. It seems every time I log on here I learn some new awesome service that is included with a stay at couples and using the search feature I was able to get most all of my questions answered.

I can tell I'm in good company on here with those of you who obsess over their vacations by getting as much information as possible and booking the best deal (but while on vacation, especially Jamaica, things change!!!). After I booked my trip (after lots of comparison shopping) I of course still check to see if a better deal comes out for the same time period. And of course Delta opened up a new flight non-stop flight out of Atl for cheaper (not much cheaper) then what I booked, but im over it(still got a great deal). But it looks like now most online sites, including couples, has it completely booked (glad I got on when I did!!)

It is reassuring to have read that people have gone down to CSA while at full capacity and still got a sense of escape and privacy and not having their experience diminished

The GF and I are super excited about going down May 2-8. Its her first time to Jamaica and my second (but first time to Negril and a couples resort). Its probably the last time in a while I can take a trip like this due to starting my masters in the fall. There are so many things I'm excited about with all the included excursions, the beach parties, reggae,....but most of all just parking my butt in the sand with a cold Red Stripe!!

I know its going to be an awesome experience (and I apologize for rambling, because I doubt you really care about my trip!). The only thing I'm would really like to figure out is what time i need to leave to catch my flight back @11:45 am (on a Tuesday) and if the shuttles start back that early to make it. Some have said to arrive at the airport 3 hours in advance!! plus the hour plus trip to get there...i don't think so. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

(and for my closing, after much deliberation, I will choose what the automated couples message board welcome uses.. because its just awesome!!!)

SUNNY REGARDS!!

E$

I forget how early we left last year but Couples will keep track of your flight. They put a card in our room the day before departure that let us know when we needed to be in the lobby to get on the shuttle for the airport. They take care of everything for you. You don't have to worry about a thing.

Welcome to the family. Unfortunately they make you leave about 4 hours before the flight. They will put the worlds worst letter in your room the day before telling you what times you need to have your bags packed and be in the lobby. I hate that letter!!!!!

Thanks for info...

I guess the last night will be a good time detox and get ready for an early morning, have to come back to reality at some point!

Last July we were scheduled to leave CN at 9:00 (or 9:30) a.m. for a 1:50 p.m. flight. Fortunately we were flying back to Mobay so we didn't have to leave that early!!

They will give you notice as to when you are to leave the resort (BOO!) and will give you plenty of time to get through security and to your flight.

Have a fun trip and have a nice relaxing time. Good luck with your masters and do what I did and book a "graduation gift" to yourself and come back to Couples once you're done

They didn't get us our departure letter so I had t check at the desk.They were right on time to retrieve our bags the next morning.

Remember this. Once you touch down at Montego Bay airport, Couples takes care of everything and I mean
    Everything until you are back on the plane to go home. They let you know what time you need to be ready to leave but Oh the the best is when you just arrive at the airport and are greeted in The Couples Lounge. They get your luggage, give you a cold Red Stripe and whisk you into a nice shuttle for a great trip to the resort. We are going back. Can't wait! Enjoy no worries mon!

No matter what time your return flight is, there is no worries about the shuttle getting you .... Like the others have said, you will get the card that you fill out on check in with your departure flight info on it, back under your door the day before you depart with what time to have your luggage out & what time the shuttle will depart from the lobby .... Normally 4 hours before your flight. It's a SAD time when you go back to your room & find that piece of paper ..... Even sadder when you have to get on that "Good-Bye Bus".
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by redinthehead View Post
    Welcome to the family. Unfortunately they make you leave about 4 hours before the flight. They will put the worlds worst letter in your room the day before telling you what times you need to have your bags packed and be in the lobby. I hate that letter!!!!!

Wow! 4 hrs before our flight. So for us that will be 10am.
    That will be the worst morning of all. Lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by redinthehead View Post

Wow! 4 hrs before our flight. So for us that will be 10am.
    That will be the worst morning of all. Lol!!

Oh you are going to have an EXCELLENT time!!! I obsessed over these boards before our first trip in 2009 - I had never been out of the country and I wanted to feel as comfortable as possible - reading these posts helped immensely! We are set for our third trip back in just over 60 days. It's soooo relaxing! You can do as little as you want or as much.

My biggest piece of advice is to go without overblown expectations and what I mean by this is it's Jamaica - they run on Jamaica time. If you go with the attitude of mega relaxation and realize you are in paradise and just soak it all up - it will be darn near perfect. We live in such a "have it now world" that in my opinion, to go to Jamaica and bring it down a notch is so welcome and why we have booked the same vacation three times.

Plus - we were never reggae loving people but you'll find yourselves humming it later and wishing you were on the beach staring at that gorgeous water listening the steel drums and guitars from the beach band.

Have a GREAT time!

Again, thank you all so much for the input, I really appreciate everyone's contributions. I am starting to think its a good thing to get up early and get out because if i have to wait around the resort all day it will drive me crazy knowing that i have to go.

I have put in alot of research into this trip, and as i know from my professional life, it will be rewarded and plan on fully enjoying my time. One of the key deciding factors in choosing a couples resort was knowing that i would have "no worries" once i touch down on the island.

"Good luck with your masters and do what I did and book a "graduation gift" to yourself and come back to Couples once you're done "

I think this is pretty much a given for the future!!

Ill leave everyone now my official count-down song for the trip (one of my many favorite Toots songs! not to mention a great cover)

Almost heaven, West Jamaica
    True ridge mountains
    Shining Minko River
    All my friends there
    Older than those ridge
    Younger than the mountains
    Blowin' like a breeze

Country roads take me home
    To the place I belong
    West Jamaica, my ol' momma
    Take me home country roads

I heard her voice
    In the mornin' hour she calls me
    Said son you remind me of my home far away
    And drivin' down the road I feel a sickness, I sure did
    Oh yesterday, yesterday

All my memories, oh, gathered 'round her
    My old lady stranger to blue water
    Dark and dusty painted on the sky
    Misty taste of moonshine
    Tears gone from my eyes

Country roads take me home
    To the place I belong
    West Jamaica, my my momma
    Won't you take me go home country road

Were headed down May5 through the 10th. Were around the same age im gonna guess you and your gf are.

Default Early May Stay @ CSA

Quote Originally Posted by mp6017 View Post
    Were headed down May5 through the 10th. Were around the same age im gonna guess you and your gf are.
    My Wife and I will be staying at CSA from May 6 thru May 13...

-AJ