Default Questions regarding getting married in Jamaica

Wondering how long it took to get your marriage certificate sent to you once back in the states? I read online that it could take 12 weeks and do they give you anything to take home with you so that you may change your name and get put on your spouses health insurance and so forth? This is my only big concern about possibly getting married at CSA as I do not want to have to wait to change my name or legally change anything for that matter. if any one can answer that would be great!

Thank you,

Anita

Yes it was quite a long time but they give you a certificate and I had no problems changeing anything. Best decision we ever made! Go for it and you'll have a blast.

Congratulations Anita. We were married at CSA last year in August. We received our marriage certificate in October, although they do provide you with a hand-written document to take home with you. This does have the signatures of the groom/bride, witnesses, and minister.

Enjoy your weddingmoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben&Anita View Post
    Wondering how long it took to get your marriage certificate sent to you once back in the states? I read online that it could take 12 weeks and do they give you anything to take home with you so that you may change your name and get put on your spouses health insurance and so forth? This is my only big concern about possibly getting married at CSA as I do not want to have to wait to change my name or legally change anything for that matter. if any one can answer that would be great!

Thank you,

Anita
    Anita,

the actual marriage license did take about 3 months. When we returned I was able to immediately add my new husband to my insurance, but my name change had to wait until the actual marriage license arrived. The social security office will only accept the actual license. The paperwork you get at the time you are married is not "official" for the SSN office, however, I was able to change my drivers license.

Hope that helps.

I also put this on the Wedding forum. just looking for information from any previous brides with in the last 6 months to a year.

Thank you again

It took a couple of months to get the actual marriage license. They gave a handwritten one with all of the signatures for us to take home. I used that one to change my social security card and my drivers license with no problems.

Our official license when received was quite beautiful, very colorful...........we framed it