Thread: CN in May

Default CN in May

Hi All,

I have just booked our first trip to CN for May and I am just worried as I know that its the rainy season...please let me know if you have been in May and what to expect of the weather?

Thanks
    Anna

We were there last year the first week in May - I don't remenber any significant rain at all - very warm and sunny!

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanay View Post
    Hi All,

I have just booked our first trip to CN for May and I am just worried as I know that its the rainy season...please let me know if you have been in May and what to expect of the weather?

Thanks
    Anna
    Our past 2 trips were in early May and wonderful! Expect a little tropical rain around lunch to cool things off. It will be appreciated! Staff is great about getting chair pads draped over the back of the loungers and they dry quick. Water stays heavenly! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! No worries!

We were there for 7 nights May 21-28 of 2011. On Tuesday it rained most of the day. A few other days we had a mid afternoon shower. The weather was soooooo baaaaaad that we will be there for 8 nights May 19-27 of 2012. 64 days and a wakeup.

Every year we go the end of April beginning of May. We may get a big of rain during the day but it's usually only about 15 minutes or so and then it's beautifully sunny again. It might rain once a day for a few minutes up to a half hour or so, or sometimes we went days without seeing any rain. No worries. The rain is warm and lovely when it does happen.

We honeymooned at CN in May and in a week, it rained only once...for about 45 minutes. This is the tropics and it rains frequently. It may rain every day and it may not rain at all. It is very rare that it rains all day, usually just an hour or less in the afternoon. No one can predict it, so there's no sense stressing about it. Just go and you'll have a wonderfull time.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

We were at CN last May, from the 14th through the 19th. The weather was around 86 every day and we didn't even see a drop of rain while we were there. It was wonderful! We'll be there again this year from the 19th through the 26th. We can't wait!

I was at CN last May in the middle of the month and we did not get a drop of rain. It was beautiful and sunny every minute. Don't know if this was unusual or not.

When we were in Negril toward the last of May, we had a couple of showers but they only lasted a few minutes, then the sun came back out. We are going to be at CN from May 19th-26th. When will you be there?

You can check out these websites for additional info:

http://jamaica-guide.info/weather/may/ or

http://www.all-jamaica.com/jamaica/climate.html

Hope to see you there!! )

Hi Anna - we've been to CSA twice in May (returning this May as well). It only rained a few times - sometimes overcast but gorgeous nonetheless. (same weather as CN). You'll have a great time!

no worries! Our first trip to CN back in 2006 was in May and the weather was great! Yes, it is the "rainy season," and we did run into some rain, but mostly it was in the afternoons/early evenings for just an hour or two. The only thing it "ruined" was the staff having to set-up the beach buffet inside Cavassa instead of having it set-up outside around the pool or on the beach. We also ran into quite the downpour on our way back from one of the cat cruises, but all that did was force everyone to take cover by the bar with the bartender passing around bottles of rum to swig from!! It was one of the most fun, craziest rides back from the caves we have ever experienced!! Because we were all crammed into such a small space, we got to know lots of people and with all that rum, we were all talking and singing and being silly the whole ride back! Other great things to spend time doing when it's raining are - chilling in any of the hot tubs with your drinks (done this several times & seriously, it is SO FUN!!), taking a nap up in your room, hanging out at the beach grill (trying new drinks and munching on nachos), playing pool in the game room, checking-in at home in the internet cafe, relaxing in the swings .... seriously, CN is SO WONDERFUL even when it's raining!! No worries mon!!

I'm pretty sure that any 'rainy' season might be later in the year at the start of hurricane season.
    But just like any rain in the Carribean it will be on/off type rain for 20 mins at a time then dries out just as fast. When are you at CN? We'll be there from 19-26th of May.

Hhmmm, I thought I answered this yesterday, but I guess not. When we were there last May, it rained for about 30 mins. on two days and that's it. It got cloudy a few times, but never rained. There are a couple of websites you can check out too:

http://jamaica-guide.info/weather/may/
    http://www.all-jamaica.com/jamaica/climate.html

Even with rain, I'd rather be in Jamaica sitting by the poolside bar than at work.

Great question- I was wondering the same thing. I've hardly vacationed at all so this one is HUGE for me! My Tony has been everywhere and doesn't sweat the small stuff. : ) Hope to see you there!

I was also wondering the same! Thank you for all the info!

Anyway, as someone also said, even if we get rained on a lot, it would be still better than sitting at my desk at work in London!

Thanks all!!!

Thats very true even if rained the whole time we where there it would have to be better than being stuck in London at work.

Thanks again
    Anna