Thread: CN in august?

Hybrid View

Default CN in august?

Any one been to couples negril in Aug ust? Going the 16-23. My 40 th. Rain? Any thought on beachfront?

We will be there from the 19th to 24th then go to CSA from the 24th to the 31st.

We have gone with a Beach Front Suite at CN and an Ocean Front Verandah at CSA. The reason we decided on the BFS at CN was due to the awesome bathroom....I know it sounds crazy! We will be paying off our house in a couple of years....WAHOOOO!! When that happens we want to do a major renovation with our bedroom and a spare room. The spare room will be turned into a nice SPA type bathroom (hopefully).

I think some first hand research is needed don't you?!? We had a one bedroom suite at CTI last August where the bathroom was pretty darn nice.

As for the weather who knows! Last August it was beautiful except for 1 day when we had about 2 hours of torrential heavy rain with a lot of lightening. We sat on the balcony and watched it go over. Other then that we had maybe 5 minutes of rain a couple of afternoons around 2PM. There was very low humidity with temperatures in the high 80's to low 90's.

The only night we wore bug repellant was the night of the beach party. I buy www.buggspray.com since it has an added ingredient for the biting gnats and flies. DEET really does not do much for the biting flies which I have found can be more painful then a mossie.

Hope this helps you some ;-)

We have been there the last two Augusts and the weather has been nice, there are those days where you may get a few showers after lunch and days where none show up at all, there was never a day that was a rain out and we usually start walking the beach by 8AM and get alot of sun until its time for lunch, that's when it usually clouds up some and maybe few showers. We hang out at the pool bar sometimes and have a drink waiting for the clearing and sometimes we just hang in the hot tub at the AN beach, than when it clears we walk the beach again. Unless you are there for a tropical depression or hurricane I would not be concerned about rain ruining your trip.

We will be there the exact same time. We have been to Jamaica in August the past 3 years. We have seen rain in the afternoon, but it does not last long. We love it there in aug. See ya there.

We go to CN every August. The first week or so of August. The weather has always been great. It is hot and there is almost always a shower every afternoon for a couple of mins.

Thank you for the insight. We ended up booking a delux beachfront. Fingers crossed for great weather. We will see you in August! I think first hand research is a must! Lol! Where are you from? Massachusetts here!

We are from Texas, will be arriving at 200. But, we are taking Tim Air this year, so we will be on the resort sooner. We had to cut out trip short this year, which is very upsetting to us, but we are glad for what we can get. We love the beachfront rooms. That is where we stay. Last year it was out the door, a few steps to the stairs, and a few steps to the beach. Amazing, and crazy beautiful. Is it your first time to CN?

5moremins where you guys from? Mass here!
    ?

Hey Kerri,

You are going to love CN and the Beachfront room. ANY ROOM at any Couples is GREAT IMO

We look forward to meeting you and 5moreminutes!!

I just talked hubby into booking for 2013! Now just need to decide which resort...here we go again!

Hugs
    Jeanette

We are going to CTI in 2013 for a vow renewal. Aug 14 will be the ceremony. Everyone come celebrate with us...

This is my second time in Jamaica first at cn. We got married at sandals montego bay 5 years ago. I look forward to meeting you Jeanette and 5moreminutes(don't know your name). My husband is trying to talk me into just bringing a carry on. Any thoughts!? Does the store at cn sell razors,sunscreen? How much clothes would you guys suggust? Jeanette, good for you. That is one decision I wouldn't mind making every year!!

There is no way I could go with just a carry on. I am alcohol provider for all my drunk friends. 2 pieces of advice for CN. Bring an extension cord. The bathroom only has one available plug, so you need it to plug in you straightner and such. And get soft serve vanilla ice cream and take it to the bar and let them pour appletons on top. It is so incredible you will not believe it.
    You are gonna love couples. It is so small and intimate and in aug the crowd dies down because of hurricane season. You will be treated like a rock star. We are so excited to go back. It has been a tough year and we need to get ourselves back. We are only 147 days away. That sounds long.... How about in 5 months at this time red stripe in hand, butt in the sand.... better.

We are from Rehoboth Beach Delaware.

You can buy just about anything you will need in Jamaica/CN. It will just be $$$!! A disposable razor I just read somewhere was $3.00 at a resort gift shop. Sunscreen will be something like $20.00 for a small tube/bottle and you will need A LOT since the sun is brutal.

We also will bring our own shampoo and conditioner since we just do not like the stuff that is provided. It left my hair dry, knotted and frizzy.....They really do need to upgrade the hair care products at Couples.

I don't really see the benefits of carry on...maybe it is just me. You still have to stand in line in Immigration, by the time you are through that your bags are on the luggage wheel. You still have to stand in line to go through Customs...so why stress over trying to get everything into a carry on?

You really do not need a lot of clothes. I take more bathing suits & wraps then anything. We are going to be there for 12 nights so I will take 5 pair of shorts & tops, 3 nicer outfits for the evenings and 10 bathing suits. A pair of beach shoes, sneakers and 2 pair of nicer sandals.

The more I think about I need to check my luggage. Too much to bring for one carry on. Cant wait 146 days I think. Hope to meet up for a drink. Obviously. You know my name is Kerri. Ill be forty while we are there. My husband is Mike he is 47.

Default bags

Quote Originally Posted by kerriL View Post
    The more I think about I need to check my luggage. Too much to bring for one carry on. Cant wait 146 days I think. Hope to meet up for a drink. Obviously. You know my name is Kerri. Ill be forty while we are there. My husband is Mike he is 47.
    Kerri, most people take too much but you will to check a bag.what about buying stuff for the kids?leave some room in it.the store has everything for a hefty price.don't wait to buy anything there. They key is this- pack, then remove half of what you thought you needed. Bring a carryon with all the essential stuff make sure it is small enough for airport security. Meds if you need them. One swim suite for each of you and a t shirt or cover up. Flip flops
    This is in case you luggage was (the unthinkable) lost. This way you change start drinking and its no big deal. It will soon arrive. Some people like the local shopping and bring very little and shop for something to wear from the local beach folks. No problem

We are looking forward to meeting up with you too. We are Camille and Robert and are 43 and 47 respectively. What day is your birthday, I will buy you a drink that day. Do you like beach volleyball? Or scuba? We go every year for our anniversary. We are active and love to get involved with the entertainment crew. Take the tour of the place the first day. It is how you get in with entertainment and have tons more fun. If you are at the pool bar on that first day, we will definately meet, if not we will meet another time. Can't wait for those red stripes......

Quote Originally Posted by 5moremins View Post
    We are looking forward to meeting up with you too. We are Camille and Robert and are 43 and 47 respectively. What day is your birthday, I will buy you a drink that day. Do you like beach volleyball? Or scuba? We go every year for our anniversary. We are active and love to get involved with the entertainment crew. Take the tour of the place the first day. It is how you get in with entertainment and have tons more fun. If you are at the pool bar on that first day, we will definately meet, if not we will meet another time. Can't wait for those red stripes......
    My birthday is the 19th. Looking forward to that drink. Lol! Be ach volley ball def. Scuba I have never been. I'm landing at 10:40. So with some luck should be at the bar drink in hand by 3? I hope. Will have a red stripe on ice for you!!

We get in at 2 and are flying timair this time. Hope to be at the pool bar by 330. Make sure you have your swimsuits and cover up handy as you will not be able to check into your room that early. I think beach volley starts at 4. We will for sure see you at the bar or volley.....

Hey everyone! Looks like we all will be celebrating when we are at Couples in August. My B'Day is the 16th, Pat's (hubby) is the 27th and our anniversary is the 13th. We waited to book beginning the 19th since the prices dropped.....call me FRUGAL!

So looking forward to Vacation in a few weeks in Jamaica but Couples is calling to meeee

Our anniversary is the 14th. We have to come a couple of days late due to finals. We are both in graduate school. (Can you say crazy). We can all celebrate togetheter. See you at volleyball fluffin?