Default Activity and Dining enhancements at CSA

Greetings to all:

Effective September 6, 2009, Couples Swept Away will be offering more activities and dining options in the newer section of the resort (south side).

Dining option enhancements will take place from 9/6-10/06
    • BREAKFAST OPTIONS:

• Feathers Restaurant serves A La Carte breakfast from the Patios Patio Menu.
    • Patios Patio serves Continental breakfast starting at 5:30am; and full breakfast (Buffet) from 7:30am – 10:30am

LUNCH OPTIONS:

• Patios Patio serves lunch, buffet style. (12:30pm – 2:30pm)
    • Seagrapes Café (11:0am – 6:00pm)
    • Cabana Grill (11:00am – 6:00pm)

DINNER OPTIONS:
    • Feathers Restaurant
    • Lemongrass Restaurant
    • Patios Patio
    • Cabana Grill

SPECIAL NIGHTS:

Fridays:
    -Beach Party on the South Beach.
    - Patios Patio closed
    - Lemongrass Restaurant opened.

Mondays:
    - Lemongrass closed for Repeaters Dinner
    - Patios Patio open for International Buffet

ENTERTAINMENT:

Daytime Activities: Entertainment activities such as straw basket weaving, jewelry making will be relocated from pool deck to Bamboo Bar Beach area.
    Evening Entertainment:
    - Blazing Piano in Aura Lounge (7:00pm- 9:15pm);
    - Showtime in Aura Disco (9:15pm – 11:00pm)
    - Night Club (11:00pm until...)
    - Patios Patio Bar open until 1:00am.

WATERSPORTS:
    - Scuba resort certification will be conducted in designated swim area near the Watersports facilities.

During this time we will be updating and upgrading the customer experience and quality of the Palms Restaurant (9/6-10/06) and the “north pool” deck (9/6-9/20). These 2 facilities will not be available during those specified dates.

We are excited that these enhancements will lead to amazing customer experiences for which Couples Resorts is known. During the enhancements, there will be no loss of value or amenities. If there are any client concerns upon arrival or during their stay, the guest relations staff will strive to accommodate those clients in any reasonable way possible.

Couples Resorts

I didn't think it was possible to get more excited for our upcoming trip. I can't wait to see what you are doing with the Palms and pool area!

Randymon -

While I'm sure that some will be disappointed, I appreciate what Couples is doing in renewing the wonderful Palms facility. This old maiden has served SweptAway admirably from the start, serving as the original center of activity for the resort.

Oh the times its seen! The entertainment hot spot... Ulti's piano lounge... the martini lounge... game room... the Sunset Deck (now Lemongrass)... oh how we loved watching the sunsets from there!

Keep us posted on the old girl's makeover... can't wait to see it in May!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Hi Randy,

Thanks for alerting us to these changes occurring during the month of September. My husband and I will be there for our third Couples vacation and second visit to CSA during that month. We will be staying in the south side of the resort. A couple of questions:

1. Is management anticipating lower occupancy levels during the month of September and therefore chose this month to perform renovations to the north side of the resort? Or, should we be expecting a higher volume of guests in the restaurants and pool on the south side? One of the things I loved about our last trip to CSA was that the south side of the resort never felt crowded because there were so many options for guests in terms of restaurants and pool-side lounging.

2. I am assuming that the answer is "no", but I just wanted to confirm that we will not need to make reservations for breakfast at Feathers. Also, will Feathers be serving the banana stuffed french toast? I love the stuffed french toast, and have been looking forward to it since we left CSA on our last visit!

3. While having dinner at Lemongrass, will the renovations taking place at The Palms be that noticeable - and therefore more people will opt to forgo dinner at Lemongrass? Also, will the other facilities on the second level of The Palms be closed down during this time as well?

4. Will Patois Patio still be serving its regular dinner menu during September?

My husband and I have been looking forward to our return to CSA for over a year now. We love Couples, the CSA resort, the staff, management, etc. If for any reason you think the overall feel of the resort will be different during this month and we should adjust our expectations accordingly, I would greatly appreciate knowing this prior to our return. Thank you in advance for taking time to address these concerns.

Kirsten

Hope all the work goes smoothly. Looking forward to checking out the updates and improvements next June.

See ya'll at the beach!

Randymon, for those of us new to the Couples experience and directionally challenged, please confrim that the "North Pool" deck is the one referenced as "main pool" in the "MAPS & PANORAMIC VIEWS" tab on the CSA page and is the pool immediately adjacent to The Palms restaurant. CSA faces water to the West, I assume, and North is to the Left on the Map?

Answers to your questions:

Kirsten: Occupancies should not pose any problems during your visit. Yes, Banana Stuffed French Toast is the best.... Lemongrass and the Martini Bar will be open as normal and you should not be disturbed by any renovations during your dinner. Patios Patio menu may be adjusted to include items from the Palms as well

XanXan: Your assessments are correct.

Couples Resorts

Randy, Is the anticipated finish date for the Palms renovation October 6th?
    GREANJAC

I have a couple questions also...will Patios still have their fantastic soups available at lunch and dinner? Also, will the repeaters' dinner menu remain surf and turf (filet and lobster)?

If things go as planned, we will be there when the renovations are just being completed, so I am excited to see the finished product! I am also really excited that there will be a full breakfast buffet available in the Great House for part of our stay (since that is where we are staying)!

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

Randy -- anyway we can get a sneak peak of what the updates to the older side inlcude?

Are you adding anything new or just giving it a face lift?
    CSA Junkie! Next trip -- November 28th!

We anticipate all enhancements to be completed by October 6. Sorry, UNLVmike, no sneak peek. You'll just have to come home again to CSA soon.

Couples Resorts

Please be gentle Randy, we love that old pool.

But that perpetually lukewarm jacuzzi needs some help.

Can't wait to see the new stuff. As if I needed yet another reason to return to CSA.
    nobody's favorite poster

Now I am even more excited to return to CSA in February. Can't wait to see the updates to our favorite restaurant--the Palms!!

Well, now I will just have to wait until we get there in December to see the "New Palms".

We are heading back to CSA in January (after having visited CSS this past January). We love the Palms, and are so excited that it is getting a makeover. Can't wait to see it!

Second week of October looks like it's gonna be a-o-k!

I am anxious to see the renovations and also happy that they will be completed by the time we are there in April 2010! My significant other really likes to dine at the Palms!

Randy

Sincerely hope that the predicted completion dates for the upgrade of The Palms and the north swimming pool are met. We are back at CSA for the 4th time on October 14th and The Palms is our favourite place for breakfast and we love lazing around the nice quiet north swimming pool during the day with coffee at the tables under the trees.

Also are there any plans to upgrade the decor of the first floor area around the Martini Bar and the entrance to Lemongrass, this area feels dated and cold with those hanging white banner curtains?

Still looking forward to 14th October and seeing our favourite hotel again.

Now you've done it - I'm so excited about the new enhancements that I've not only started the countdown (not coming to CSA until January 21st) but I've even pre-registered for our Passionate Love Romance Reward gift. My plan was not to start the count until New year's Day, but now I'm in Couples mode.

we look forward to the renovations and cant wait to see them when we return "home" October 8th.

Randy

Sounds like ya'll have everything under control. Great job! We look forward to seeing the renovations in Dec.

Angie
    Kevin & Angie

Looks like the evening shows will be moved indoors.
    Will there be any live entertainment at Patios either during dinner or afterwards?

I assume the North pool will remain open while the pool deck is reworked?

I wish this would have been advertised in advance. Please advise, will this cause the remaining restaurants and pool area to be crowded? Sounds like it could be a problem to me : (

OK, it's been a full week into the re-model. We should start to hear how the temporary arrangements are working out.

6 days to CSA for us.