Default CSA..charge for upgrade at check in??

Question....is it possible to request an upgrade upon check in if we booked thru Expedia?
    Expedia had two room categories available which is fine, we chose the GVS room, but if we decided to upgrade to a ocean view verandah room would that be possible if available?? And I wonder how much more it would cost and is it worth it??

Thank u

I'm a hotel supervisor in Las Vegas, it pretty much industry norm to always allow an upgrade that is paid directly to the hotel if there is one available, for my hotel, if you book through Expedia, you probably won't get that complimentry upgrade because you booked with a wholesaler and possibly at a lower rate. We grant upgrades based on your previous history with us and more importantly how close we are to selling out and how many nights you are booked for. If we are sold out the next 3 nights and your reservation is for three nights, then we will upgrade you so that we can sell your regular room. It is more likely we will book a regular room last minute, than a suite, so we'll give you the suite and sell the less expensive room to someone else..That is how it works at my hotel in Las Vegas through..oh and special occasions work sometimes too.

Yes, you can request an upgrade at check-in. Provided they have the availability they can do the upgrade and you can pay the difference.

Enjoy your visit!

Bart & Bug

Just a guess...but if Expedia only shows 2 room cats, its probably because the others are sold out. Especially if you are looking to go in next 2 months I would think everything but GVS and Atrium are sold out since such a popular honeymoon time.

I would recommend doing a search on couples booking site to see what rooms are available. But yes, I think if rooms are available to upgrade they will sell to you. I've heard in the slower (late summer/fall) months this happens.

ps We love our GVS Be back in 55 days!

Quote Originally Posted by rachlm927 View Post
    Just a guess...but if Expedia only shows 2 room cats, its probably because the others are sold out. Especially if you are looking to go in next 2 months I would think everything but GVS and Atrium are sold out since such a popular honeymoon time.

I would recommend doing a search on couples booking site to see what rooms are available. But yes, I think if rooms are available to upgrade they will sell to you. I've heard in the slower (late summer/fall) months this happens.

ps We love our GVS Be back in 55 days!

I checked the Couples website, and only the GVS and Atrium suites are showing up as available during the week of May 27th, no other rooms are showing...we are sticking with the GVS room...