Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default It's just not the same....

Ok... those who do know us and where we live will understand. For those who don't, we live in NE Wisconsin, not too far south of Green Bay (Go Pack!).

You wouldn't know it, though, by the weather we've had in the last 2 weeks. We not only had an early first 50 degree day, but we've moved on to the 60's, the 70's, and even, for the last three days, the low 80's... and its only March 18th!

As of this morning, the siding is power-washed, the hot-tub has had its turnover, the flower beds are nearly cleaned up. Today, I checked the two week forecast, and with no frost predicted in the next two weeks, I uncovered the roses.

Don't get me wrong. I'm kind of ambivalent about the whole global warming thing (living in Wisconsin, I say "Bring it on!"). But this ain't normal. Not only is it not normal, its using up all my excuses to work in the yard to pass the time before we return home to SweptAway in May.

The one thing that's missing from this glorious weather is... our Beach!

Soon come...

So... anyone else having the same thing happening? Or is it just us?
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

We are from Michigan & have been experiencing the same awesome weather! We always go to Jamaica the last week of March & usually come back to a bunch of chores! We leave next Saturday & the house, yard, garage,dogs etc are all cleaned up & ready for summer! It's fantastic! I keep checking the calendar thinking....did we miss our trip????? Bags are packed, CSS here we come!!!!

Ohio. Broke a 120 yr. record on Sat. by 5 deg. 77 on Sun. and today, and 80 on this Tues. Heading to Jamaica in about 3 wks. and I'm hoping I don't feel cold! Crazy spring and for that matter, this past winter as well.

We are up here in the Twin Cities and it hit 80 on Saturday, yea!. I got my Harley softail out of storage and life is good! I haven't put the snow shovels away yet though.

Same here in Ohio. High temperatures have not been below 60 for 2 weeks or more, and the last 8 days have been in the mid to upper 70's. Expecting 81 or 82 for 2 days this week. Normal highs are low 50's this time of year. All of the cherry trees are in full bloom as are some other flowering trees. Buds are ready to burst and of course crocuses have been blooming. People are mowing their yards and I have played 3 rounds of golf a full month earlier then normal, and I will not play unless it is 70 and I can wear shorts.

Sunny and 70 degrees in Portland, ME. It was so warm this weekend I was sitting outside and the windows were open. Headed to CSA on Saturday. I need to see that beach and put my feet in the sand and water. No flowers were yet- so looking forward to the gardens at CSA.
    Chris- just think if you get all that gardening out of the way before you leave then you won't be thinking about it on the dreaded flight home.

Here in the North East, just outside of Boston, we too have had a freaky winter. I think we had 2-3 small snow storms around here, with not much more than 3-5 inches total snow. That's close anyway. Certainly not the winter that folks are used to around here. Up in the 70 today and 80 more inland. Have I enjoyed not having to shovel the white stuff? DUH!! I may overly optimistic, but I put away the snow shovels and I got rid of the ice scrapers from the back seat of the car, and put them in the trunk. I think we're safe.
    Had the top down on the "Stang" today, tomorrow back on the Sporster. Lovin it.
    In 23 days we'll be in the land of eternal sun. By the time we get back to reality, summer will be well underway.
    There may be some penalties now that spring is here and without all that snow, there is bound to be a shortage of water. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Ok... those who do know us and where we live will understand. For those who don't, we live in NE Wisconsin, not too far south of Green Bay (Go Pack!).

You wouldn't know it, though, by the weather we've had in the last 2 weeks. We not only had an early first 50 degree day, but we've moved on to the 60's, the 70's, and even, for the last three days, the low 80's... and its only March 18th!

As of this morning, the siding is power-washed, the hot-tub has had its turnover, the flower beds are nearly cleaned up. Today, I checked the two week forecast, and with no frost predicted in the next two weeks, I uncovered the roses.

Don't get me wrong. I'm kind of ambivalent about the whole global warming thing (living in Wisconsin, I say "Bring it on!"). But this ain't normal. Not only is it not normal, its using up all my excuses to work in the yard to pass the time before we return home to SweptAway in May.

The one thing that's missing from this glorious weather is... our Beach!

Soon come...

So... anyone else having the same thing happening? Or is it just us?
    Yes! We live in IA and the same thing is happening.....loving it! Very unusual. Now we are getting some rain though, with thunderstorms in the forecast for the next few days. Bring on the heat!

In metro Detroit we are getting 80s the next two days. This is MI so we could still get a blizzard in mid-April.

We cross country skiied this weekend in shorts and tshirts! Last of the groomed snow in the Willoughby Gap in Westmore, Vermont, 20 miles south of Canada. Upper 70's through the region; unbelievable!
    I still have the snowblower closest to the garage door, however....

95 days and a wake up to CN!
    Irie,
    TonyS

Also a Michigan resident here, I think it got up into the upper 70s today (stuck in the office all day,) and they're predicting that tomorrow we're going to "smash" a record high temp.

I've put the snow shovel in the garage today, and I never had to fire up the snowblower all winter. Probably going to run it for at least a bit, just to circulate the fluids around.

The really annoying part of this nice weather, is they're predicting the weekend to be rainy / stormy. So I won't have a chance to get the golf clubs out this weekend...

Sigh.

Well, CTI in 434 days!
    Jason

Same crazy warm winter and spring weather here in Fargo, too. Although the nice winter and warm spring has been nice, it is nothing like the tropical paradise that is Couples Negril!

SW Michigan here and the weather has been amazing! I got up at 5:15a this morning and it is already 64 degrees out. I'm definitely not complaining. I haven't had a chance to get out in my yard to do work yet but may start tomorrow and absolutely this weekend. I would like to have everything ready so when we get back end of May, the flowers go in right away instead of July!

Chris - just shy of an 8 week countdown!

Chris, where are you located? We are from Whitelaw, just west of Manitowoc. Heading home to CN in 25 days.

Chris,

Here in NE Iowa the same. We are heading to CSA the second week in April and it's about as warm here as in Negril?

Probably will be cutting the lawn next week????

Life is good

We are also from the twin cities/Roseville are in MN and the weather has been ridiculously gorgeous! If we only had "cold" (and I put it in parentheses as the cold parts of this winter have been pretty bearable) on Dec-Feb like this year - I would never complain about this state ever again. Most years by now I am swearing that I am moving to someplace warm before the next winter :-P

I am looking forward to my first trip to Jamaica (CTI) in 244 days ( right after my wedding!! ) Looking forward to sun/drinks/sand/relaxation for 10 days!

Britnee

Same thing here in Central PA, 15 miles east of Hershey. We had one snow fall on Halloween of 8-9 inches, and a small one of 4 inches. That's all. Normally we get 30 inches for a season. C'mon spring and warm weather, time to get the car out. Heading back to CN next January.

Chris, I live in Loyal in the Central part of the state (just a little south, and east of Wausau), but I am enjoying the weather. It is so nice to not have scrape windows, shovel snow, etc. I love it.
    Linda

Sherm -

We're in Kaukauna, about half way between Green Bay and Appleton.

Rose -

Starting to get excited here!... Can you feel it?
    Chris

Hey Chris, We are from NE Wisconsin also. West of Green Bay. Love the green and gold. 24 days before paradise!! First time for us at CN. Can't wait!!! P.S. Most of the yard work is done here also.

pamngreg, sounds like you will be there the same time we will, 4/15-4/22

Sherm, pamngreg....

We're jealous!... we have to wait until May 19...
    Chris

We live in Colorado, halfway between Denver and Boulder, and although it's usually warmer here than people think, it's still been in the high 70's, which is unusual. The mountains have been absolutely crazy. Went up to Vail yesterday to get some slushy runs in and it was 60 degrees! Too hot to wear even a light jacket.

We are coming out of a La Nina weather pattern, and the jet stream is also unusually south this year, which is one of the reasons we've been getting crazy strong, warm winds all winter.

We are up here in Ottawa Canada and had the same warm system with record breaking temperatures of 27degrees.(close to 80 ferenheit I think) It has become more spring-like the last couple of days though...definately strange! Still looking forward to the Jamaican heat in 20days!!

Oh thank you Lord. The weather has finally turned crappy again here in Ohio! Frost warnings out for tonight and tomorrow!!!! Thank you !!! Rain on Wed!!!! Great!!! Things are right again!!! Oh, and Swept Away in 11.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast