Default What kind of underwater camera do you have? Do you have pics?

I had a Fuji Pix z33WP a few years ago but it was stolen in Grand Caymen. I love how small it was and that it had video. The pictures weren't that great but good enough for an underwater camera. So now I'm looking for a new one.

We are going to Couples Negril for our honeymoon and it will be our first time at these resorts. We are sooo excited! Aug 20-28 and I'm already getting my to do and to buy list together.
    I really want something that takes good pics and video and most importantly waterproof.

Right now these are my top 2

Nikon CoolPix AW100 around $250(although someone just posted that their screen gets fogged but other than that I seen pretty good reviews)

The FujiFilm FinePix XP20 around $130

I REALLY LIKE the Nikon AW100 but it is almost $100 more

Are there any other point and shoot that you recommend in this price range I don't want to spend over $300?

Do you have any underwater pics from your camera?? Please post with the camera that you have. Thanks so much!!

Robin

I have an Olympas style tough camera. Only 10 mp but it works for what we need and is small enough to put in a pocket or purse. We haven't downloaded the pictures of our snorkle from yesterday...first time in the ocean but it has worked great for us in the lake. It was a costco special.only about $100. Send me an email at miss_snowy @ yahoo and i'll send you a picture from the camera when we get back.

Melissa

I tried the Fuji last year but was not happy with the delayed shutter speed. I took it out snorkeling and as I went to click pictures of the fish they would swim out of the frame by the time the shutter clicked. I am going to go the extra and try the Nikon AW100 although I have heard good things about the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3. I have seen the Nikon below $300 at COSTCO but not sure if you are a member. I will have to get it soon.

I used a Canon PowerShot SD1200 IS. It's a few years old and cost about $150. I bought a Canon underwater case on Amazon for about another $150. I wasn't expecting much but I was really suprised how well the pictures looked. The video worked well, too. The picture below I pulled off my FaceBook page so the image isn't as good as the original.

Name:  coral.jpg
Views: 875
Size:  59.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SunBears View Post
    I had a Fuji Pix z33WP a few years ago but it was stolen in Grand Caymen. I love how small it was and that it had video. The pictures weren't that great but good enough for an underwater camera. So now I'm looking for a new one.

We are going to Couples Negril for our honeymoon and it will be our first time at these resorts. We are sooo excited! Aug 20-28 and I'm already getting my to do and to buy list together.
    I really want something that takes good pics and video and most importantly waterproof.

Right now these are my top 2

Nikon CoolPix AW100 around $250(although someone just posted that their screen gets fogged but other than that I seen pretty good reviews)

The FujiFilm FinePix XP20 around $130

I REALLY LIKE the Nikon AW100 but it is almost $100 more

Are there any other point and shoot that you recommend in this price range I don't want to spend over $300?

Do you have any underwater pics from your camera?? Please post with the camera that you have. Thanks so much!!

Robin
    I bought the Canon waterproof underwater camera. I'm not sure how good it is yet, but will know in less than a month. I can' update you then and it was under $300.

We got a couple SVP Aqua HDV1000s for our January 2012 trip. We love them. Full HD underwater movies for about $80. The cameras are very small and have no plastic case to worry about. The cameras themselves are waterproof. They do fog up after 20 minutes or so underwater, but it clears quickly when taken out of the water.

http://youtu.be/CfcZUsYSfQQ
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

I know you guys want to share some pics

Took these snorkeling at CN about two years ago...

I swam after that stingray for a while. Not an expensive camera at all. Picked it up at a Costco for less than $300 but I'll have to dig it up to be sure of what kind it is.

Ha ha I didn't realize I did have replys, first time on this message board, lol. Thanks so much for all the info, I hadn't heard of the SVP Aqua and that picture on the video looks amazing in color..until the water snake caught my attention!!!!..and then I freaked out.

We have a Panasonic Lumix DMC - TS3. It takes great underwater stills and full HD movies. Here's a link to our Hawaii pictures, which has a number of photos taken while snorkeling at Hanauma Bay in Oahu.

http://www.kodakgallery.ca/ShareLand...localeid=en_CA
    (Karen&Paul)

I have a Sony TX 10 that I bought off amazon for about $260 I think it was. I have only used in pool water, but the pictures were amazing. I am going to attempt to attach one. I am in love with this camera, I use it as my everyday camera, I droped it about 5 feet onto concrete and there was not a scratch on it!
    Becky & Dave
    CSS July 2012 (Wedding @ CSS 7.18.12)
    CN July 2012

olympus stylus 1050 sw works great after 4 years and a lot of ware and tare. Been in the water many times and up Dunns with no problem. We have taken at least 2000 pics with it. My pics are too big to upload 2.0 + megabites . They are clear and great both under water and above. We also have a Fujifilm xp. Good camera, but can have a problem with focus if you try to take a quick pic.

Quote Originally Posted by worldtex View Post
    olympus stylus 1050 sw works great after 4 years and a lot of ware and tare. Been in the water many times and up Dunns with no problem. We have taken at least 2000 pics with it. My pics are too big to upload 2.0 + megabites . They are clear and great both under water and above. We also have a Fujifilm xp. Good camera, but can have a problem with focus if you try to take a quick pic.
    YES! That was my issue with the Fuji, I was lucky enough to get a Nikon D10 DSLR when our first son was born in 2007 and hadn't had a point and shoot since then, When I got the Fuji for our cruise in 2009 and the pics were not very good, coloring was very off, low light was nearly impossible, and if there was any movement then it was very blurry... I just thought I was so accustomed to my dslr that the point and shoots wouldn't compare, but I've been told that is a problem with Fuji and possibly I had a bad seed with my Fuji..Anyway I an happy to learn there are some awesome and inexpensive point and shoots, I'm impressed with all these pics, especially underwater.

@KarenON, thanks for all the pics but now I kinda want to go to Hawaii!! Too bad no couples resorts there. You're underwater pics look awesome too! My list keeps growing...

I have a Canon D10. Love it. Best investment we made (other than going to CSA)

We have an Olympus Tough TG-310 that was purchased at Sams Club for about $150. Its 14 mp and we were really please with it. It cam with a floating wrist strap along with a traditional strap. Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand and shots video as well as under water. I going to try and post a couple of underwater pics that it took. Also, the three pictures I have loaded to our profile were taken with this camera. The ones uploaded here were compressed as the file size was too great otherwise.

Name:  PB160041 small.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  33.8 KBName:  PB160049 small.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  49.4 KBName:  PB160035 small.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  36.4 KBName:  PB160030 small.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  38.9 KB

SunBears - We have been to quite a few places, and Hawaii is the only other place that we've found, other than Couples Sans Souci, that takes our breath away with its beauty! We went with the thought in mind that it would be a once-in-a-lifetime trip (it's two five and a half hour flights for us), but loved it so much that we are going to go back when Karen retires and visit a couple more of the islands. You are so close, you really should go - you will not regret it!

Until then, we have our CSS to enjoy - trip #5 coming up in one week!
    (Karen&Paul)

SunBears, this really depends on what you want to use the camera for. We are divers and use the same Canon as DayBob with a separate underwater housing. If you're gonna go deep at all, the self-housed "waterproof cameras" will flood, because of the pressure. One guy we dove with in November 2010 learned that the hard way. His camera was rated to 15' deep and he risked it at 60', which obviously didn't work and ruined his camera. If you're planning on staying at 15' or less, pretty much any waterproof camera works fine. Just make sure to check the depth rating.

Quote Originally Posted by rckbert View Post
    I tried the Fuji last year but was not happy with the delayed shutter speed. I took it out snorkeling and as I went to click pictures of the fish they would swim out of the frame by the time the shutter clicked. I am going to go the extra and try the Nikon AW100 although I have heard good things about the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3. I have seen the Nikon below $300 at COSTCO but not sure if you are a member. I will have to get it soon.
    YES!!! I AM a member of COSTCO, we didn't even think about them, I need to check out that out...I try to keep myself and hubby out of the electronics department b/c some of their deals are too good, especially for things we want and dont really NEED, but I NEED a new waterproof camera!

Well...I want to learn to scuba dive but I am also scared of the idea too, something about having all that gear on and being able to breathe under water freaks me out. So for now I think I just need a standard waterproof camera and then upgrade if I get the nerve to scuba..and my husband is super scared of sharks and firmly doesn't feel the need to get certified...so kiddie pool for us...for now...