Default Couples Negril Photography packages?

Hey there!!! I am getting married at Couples Negril on 10-13-12 and was wondering about the resort photography. We are working with a small budget and plan on just doing their photography packages, but I was wondering what the cheapest package is and how much it costs? We are definitely wanting the photos on a cd, but we would also splurge for the dvd of the ceremony if it is a decent price. Can anyone help me? Thanks so much!

FYI - My husband and I just got married at CN in February, and we used an outside photographer to do our pictures and dvd. When I saw the prices of the resort photo packages, it was a much better deal to hire Diana and Richard Campbell - even though we had to pay a $500 vendor fee to the resort. Their work was wonderful and we ended up with almost 500 photos on 2 cds and a 30 minute dvd filled with photos and video clips, including the whole wedding ceremony. We are so happy with our decision since we now can share our special day with family and friends at home. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

I just don't see how paying $500 for the outside photographer is that great of a deal for me.... The wedding coordinator finally sent me the photography pricing last night, and although it is high, I don't see how hiring someone outside will be any less. I just don't have the money to be able to spend $1000 on photos. Do you mind me asking how much it cost you to go with Diana and Richard Cambell?

When I looked at the resort photography packages, an edited dvd alone was priced at $600. It would have cost several thousand dollars to get the number of photos that Diana and Richard provided. They offer different packages and I'm sure would do their best to work within your budget. Check out their website at www.digitalmemoriescollection.com . We don't regret spending money on the pictures/dvd as now we can share our special day with all of our loved ones back home. They are very talented and totally exceeded our expectations. All the best to you and your husband-to-be.

Quote Originally Posted by nkelley View Post
    When I looked at the resort photography packages, an edited dvd alone was priced at $600. It would have cost several thousand dollars to get the number of photos that Diana and Richard provided. They offer different packages and I'm sure would do their best to work within your budget. Check out their website at www.digitalmemoriescollection.com . We don't regret spending money on the pictures/dvd as now we can share our special day with all of our loved ones back home. They are very talented and totally exceeded our expectations. All the best to you and your husband-to-be.
    Would you mind sharing your pictures from Diana with me? I have her booked for our July wedding and would love to see more of her work! Thanks!
    Becky & Dave
    CSS July 2012 (Wedding @ CSS 7.18.12)
    CN July 2012

I went with Misha Earle for our wedding & she has different package but instead of paying the $500 vendor fee to the resort, Misha includes that price in her packages so it was a win win for us! Her packs start out at like $1,500. but the vendor fee is included...it was a great deal, she will even work with you & offer a little discount (200-300) if you ask nicely. I didn't want to go with a resort photographer & the pictures turn out looking like a kid shot them so we spend the money & got what we wanted, professional photos that look great! Misha is the best...ask any bride on this board, she's the cream of the crop! We also have a great video, Roxroy Gough is awesome, can't get any better than him!! Whatever you do, don't get a video made from the resort....I've seen more than a couple & they look like crap!! They look fuzzy like a boot-leg DVD or something...terrible quality, just terrible.

Default Don't skimp

Just a word of caution....Our first wedding (in the states) we had a family member take pictures and they came out awful. You cannot go back and recapture your big day, so pay for a nice photo package. It will be worth it regardless of who you decide to go with to take them.

Thanks everyone for the advice! I had remembered reading somewhere on here that there was someone who deducted the $500 resort fee off their package price... and I like that... and with what everyone is saying, it is scaring me away from the resort photography - I don't want to skimp and I definitely want some good photos, I will have to see if it is in my budget to spend that extra on a better photographer. Thanks so much!!!

Well - after all of this I decided to call Diana Cambell!!! WOW! What a great woman she is, really! She is sooo nice! She listened to me, worked with me and my budget, and we are going to book her for my wedding! Thanks everyone for your help!

Default Off site photography

Quote Originally Posted by JulieK View Post
    Thanks everyone for the advice! I had remembered reading somewhere on here that there was someone who deducted the $500 resort fee off their package price... and I like that... and with what everyone is saying, it is scaring me away from the resort photography - I don't want to skimp and I definitely want some good photos, I will have to see if it is in my budget to spend that extra on a better photographer. Thanks so much!!!

http://www.digitalmemoriescollection...m=3&gallery=10

Contact Diana at the above address. She will give you a quote and options.

MW

Quote Originally Posted by beckyanddave View Post
    Would you mind sharing your pictures from Diana with me? I have her booked for our July wedding and would love to see more of her work! Thanks!
    Hi Becky and Dave,
    If you check out Diana's website - www.digitalmemoriescollection.com - our photos are on the photo gallery. They are the last ones titled "Wedding at Couples Negril Jamaica". We have so many more than those - almost 500 pics in total! You won't be disappointed - Diana and Richard are wonderful!

JulieK

My fiance and I are having a small ceremony stateside (second marriage for us both) and renewing our vows at CN in May. I have spoken to Diana Campbell and she is going to do our photos. We are working with a budget as well so we are going to go off the resort to do a photo shoot at a couple different locations. This will save us the resort fee. We plan to use the resort photographer for the renewal ceremony but not sure how many of those we will purchase. I spoke with Diana on the phone (she called ME) and we plan to do our photos at sunset on the night of our ceremony or perhaps the evening before. She is sooooo nice on the phone and clearly wants to do whatever she can to make her brides happy. : )
    Heather

I agree! She called me as well, I was super surprised to hear from her on the phone! That sounds like a good plan you have carved up! That seems like a great idea! I wish I could save some green and do it that way, but this is our first (and hopefully only, lol) marriage, and since none of our family will be there, we need to have all those pictures and video of our ceremony! Congrats and I hope you have a blast on your trip in May! Let me know how it goes!!