Default Bottles of champagne?

Hi. Can anyone tell me - can bottles of champagne/wine be ordered for the room minibar and through room service? And is this all included? Thanks - 6 days til Css

Hi KAL3876,

When we stayed at CN (not CSS), there was a slip at the minibar in your room which you fill in to order your own drinks. I think it has to be filled in by certain time each morning so that it can be delivered later that night to your room.

Not sure about the champagne, but we did order the bottle of wine a couple of times and it was indeed included and no extra cost!

Enjoy your holiday!

At CSA we could....for the mini bar....I imagine all resorts are same.

Sign up for Romance Rewards and do the pre-check in...wine and champagne were both on there for me to select to stock the mini-bar with.

We got a new bottle of sparkling wine every day put in our mini bar at CSA last August. And of course orange juice and pineapple juice for mimosas. Mmmm mimosas on the balcony with a beautiful view of the ocean! Life doesn't get much better!

I was at CSS in February and we ordered a bottle of champagne thru room service.

We ordered a bottle every night from room service to enjoy while we got ready for dinner. It is very decadent to enjoy a glass of champagne while standing in the shower.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

What type of champagne was it and is there an additional charge? Is it the equivalent of a Korbel?

Quote Originally Posted by Colleen26 View Post
    We got a new bottle of sparkling wine every day put in our mini bar at CSA last August. And of course orange juice and pineapple juice for mimosas. Mmmm mimosas on the balcony with a beautiful view of the ocean! Life doesn't get much better!

A lot of people are listing champagne...but is it really champagne--or sparkling wine only or both? I've heard no champagne? But some people don't realized the difference... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SunBears View Post
    A lot of people are listing champagne...but is it really champagne--or sparkling wine only or both? I've heard no champagne? But some people don't realized the difference... Thanks!
    It is sparkling wine - not real champagne.

My understanding is that the only "sparkling wines" that can be called champagne are those from that particular area in France. Otherwise, they cannot legally be called champagne. It really has no bearing on their taste, any more than a wine from a certain region can be considered superior, except among those who choose to think so.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

I think it is the equivalent in price and quality of Korbel. Janicek is also right..."champagne" is reserved for the specific area of France.

Quote Originally Posted by Janicek View Post
    My understanding is that the only "sparkling wines" that can be called champagne are those from that particular area in France. Otherwise, they cannot legally be called champagne. It really has no bearing on their taste, any more than a wine from a certain region can be considered superior, except among those who choose to think so.
    Sorry, I have to disagree! There is a great difference in the taste ( and price ) between sparkling wine and champagne.
    The sparkling wine at CN is fine and very drinkable but it is not champagne.

<wine snob alert!>

I am of the opinion that the "all inclusive" wines are, um..."I'll have a Red Stripe, please." (although I don't have it in me to buy from the manager's list, I have been known to pack a special bottle or two in my luggage)

We were at CN last week, and you can get Champagne/Sparkling wine (not sure what it actually is) in the mini-bar daily.

Take note though, they have changed the way the mini-bars are being re-stocked. It used to be that you had that card to fill out every day, and they would replenish it during the day while you were basking in the glorious sunshine on the beach.

What they are doing now, is instead of restocking daily, they have you call down to the front desk with your restocking needs, and you have to be in the room for them to deliver it. At first I was a bit disappointed by this, but found that it truly was no big deal in the end. You are going to spend at least a bit of time in your room after the sun goes down, while you get ready for dinner, so having to be in the room for them to restock the fridge was no problem. We found that time between post-beach and dinner was the best time to call and have the fridge replenished.

In the end it's a cost cutting measure for Couples, because it means that they don't have to have someone checking each and every mini-bar and fridge on a daily basis. They still offer the re-stocking service as needed, you just have to make a quick phone call for what you need, and be in the room when they come to deliver it (like breakfast delivery, you have to sign for it).

And they are also stocking Red Stripe (in cans) in the mini-fridge as well, which Randy pointed out in another thread.

One of our friends who is a wine connoisseur, wine store manager, wine purchasing agent, and was raised in the business and so has over 40 years of experience in the wine industry, went with us on a recent trip to Couples. He told us the exact same thing about the difference between sparkling wine and Champagne, and that the sparkling wine served there is of average quality but the only thing separating it from Champagne is where the grapes were grown.

Quote Originally Posted by Janicek View Post

Actually I have worked in wineries for 5 years..those people who say that Champagne can only be from France are correct.HOWEVER California makes excellent sparkling wines..some that cost ALOT..and Trader joes carries real Champagne for 10 bucks.
    That being said..if you truly love a brut sparkling , Champagne, or Cava..you will not be overly impressed with what they serve at couples.
    But THAT being said..I got over it pretty quickly being in paradise and all!

Quote Originally Posted by chacy View Post
    Actually I have worked in wineries for 5 years..those people who say that Champagne can only be from France are correct.
    Indeed. The name can not be used by other sparking wine producers..however, champagne is a sparkling wine..and they surely have sparkling wine at the resort.

We were at CN last month and ordered the sparkling wine for our room. I checked out the label and it was French, but it was from The Burgundy region. We really liked it.