Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hey Tom, I thought we were "couples junkies" but YOU.... getting the Couples Logo tattoo'd on your back??? YOU need some serious help my friend!!!! lol. Absolutely awesome!!!!! Just might have to do the same.

Oh my Goodness!!!
    Just stumbled upon this thread and laughed and sobered at the same time as seeing myself for who I have become...addicted to this message board and Couples, and after only one visit so far to a Couples resort. CTI this past January.
    Just remarked to my husband last night that we may never visit another resort chain. And we both agreed.
    Mu hubby and I are from Ontario Canada, just outside the Toronto airport area. Like a63vetteowner we chose January to go away. Same climate here pretty much as PA.
    We never thought we could make it too CSA so imagine our delight to find a deal last month! But now the hard part. Waiting!!! A count down sort of helps....144 days to go!
    Couples and Jamaica are constantly on our minds. I am currently wearing the tie dye shirt I made at CTI as I type this. My hubby keeps Sangsters rum cream in the house to make Hummingbirds when he needs to reminisce.
    Glad to see we are not alone....

Hey DebnAl,

We are also from the gta. Living in oakville. Welcome to the Club!!!!

its the one addiction that is healthy and add years to your life.PS we just got back yesterday from CSS yesterday and here we are on the site

Well count me in on the addiction Went to CN in April got home after four days and rebooked for May 2014 Long count down In the meantime talked so much about home my coworker and friends are going in Sept and another friend in Dec so jealous. Booked 9 days few weeks later added another 3 at CSS stressing till I was able to book my airfare and do the per check in. Check MSG everyday and Facebook for a piece of home. Check out utube lots of great videos

Hi my name is Andy and my wife's name is Cindy and we are Couple-Aholics. I could type a whole bunch but all you have to do is just read above by now you already have after reaching my post..... Any doubters please read all above and that will answer any questions you should have about booking with Couples. Trip Advisor is not the place to get your info. This place is. See rambling already thinking about Couples. Irie Mon!!! Dec. 5, 2013... Come on!!!!

DebnAl,
    Thank you so much for finding this thread and bumping it back to the top.
    We are Gene and Jeanne and we too are Couple-Aholics and are so glad to find that we are not alone! Our first trip to Jamaica was October 2012 and we chose CSS. I must admit to you all that I was not interested in visiting Jamaica and I was not interested in an AI resort, but Gene said it was on his "bucket list".....I was still not very interested.....then Gene told me there were AN beaches.....I started listening. Started doing research and found Couples Resorts. Researched more and decided that CSS sounded nice.

Landed at Sangsters in the afternoon 10/16/12 unfortunately wearing fall weather clothes from Nebraska. IT WAS HOT! Got in the van thinking the entire time that I had been right and Jamaica was not for me. Took the ride to the resort, I was hot, tired, and felt just a little queasy after trying to see the sights while the van was on the WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD! LOL!!!

The check in was very nice and I felt very welcomed.....started feeling a little better. We were taken to our beachfront suite...dated? maybe.....vintage? maybe....clean and comfortable??? Absolutely! Took a shower and started getting ready for the Gala. The food was wonderful, the service and friendliness was amazing. Again, I was feeling better but still skeptical. I had plans for off site excursions and intended to have the front office help me arrange trips. However, after breakfast, we decided to go over to the AN beach. From that moment on, I was hooked and I knew that eve though I HATED to admit it, but Gene had been right! I enjoyed our room, the staff, the beauty of the resort and the beautiful blue of the ocean. Captain Derron took us sailing and we spent 8 glorious days in Paradise enjoying the AN beach, massages, food, snorkeling and relaxing. It was the first time ever that I understood relaxing. I do not usually have a quite mind, but it happened there at CSS. I did not leave the resort.

When we can home, we understood that we had enjoyed something magical and could not shake our constant thoughts of CSS. As someone else mentioned, I could not shop without thinking "that dress or those shoes would be perfect for Jamaica". Could not stand it any more and by January, we booked a 10 day trip for October 2013 thinking that would satisfy the longing. Reading TA and the MB every day....sometimes multiple times each day has only made the longing stronger. Well, 2 weeks ago, we booked 10 days for October 2014. Gene just laughed because I had not even wanted to go in the beginning. Not sure if we will ever get to go twice a year but of course, Jamaica is all we seem to think about.

I do not know when you are actually considered Jamericans, but we are definitely understanding magical pull to Jamaica. We cannot wait until we hear "WELCOME HOME"
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012
    CSS October 2013
    CSS October 2014....Soon come!!

Hi we have the same addiction. Our names are Larry and Carol. We had the plesure of sharing this illness with Richie (Crabracer) and his wife in April ( Hi Rich and Sil do you still have the pimp hat). We've got it bad this year we needed two trips, so in 58 days we hope to get some relief. Nothing else seems to help, so Randyman how about some good Weds specials for Negril so we can continue to treat this problem.We've tried hiding but they keep finding us and making us go home please help

Well, we're addicted also. We're Suzanne and Mark, and we will be home to CSS in 45 days. Like Jeanne, I have to have my daily fix of TA and the MB. After years of cruising and other AI, we found our "one love" in CSS (Oct 11, Oct 12 - soon Oct 13). We haven't actually booked for 2014 - hubby wants to go back to Negril. I don't know if I can give up what I know I love to go somewhere different yet (even being a different Couples Resort). I can almost taste the rum runner in my hand . . . .

Hello everyone, we're Kristi & John, and we too, are Coupleholics. We have spent 5 years nurturing our addiction, through bringing family with us to the resorts, exploring CSS, CN and CTI, and booking our honeymoon at CSS before we had a venue for our wedding. As I wait the long, long 5 months and 21 days until we roll back home to CSS, I find myself back here in good company. My husband is also a workaholic and the only time he truly relaxes is when we are in Jamaica. I noted as I read others' posts, that there were a lot of CSS-aficionados on this post - Woo Hoo! I know, every sister in the family brings her own personality and will call to those that belong there, but it is so nice to see the love shared to OUR favorite Couples resort. We are hoping to see if Barbados can be a close second, but if this trip becomes a babymoon, I wanted it to be at Sans Souci, to begin with No Worries.
    Sometimes I find the little things that I wish I could tweak at our beloved CSS creep into my mind and wonder if we made the right choice, but then even after the many visits we have had, I still find myself pleasantly surprised by some new addition or discovery, which puts us right back to where we started, truly happy and thankful that we found and fell in love with CSS. I sometimes feel like I should write a love letter to the resort just to make sure the grand lady knows how much she is treasured.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    CSS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
    CN 2012
    CTI 2013

Hi, we are Jim and Sara from the Twin Cities. After our wedding at csa almost 10 years ago, we have become addicts too, me more th as n add jim thought. We have put off major home improvements until this year to be able to afford to go. I sold my beloved Harley softail this spring so we could book another trip. My sister doesn't understand why we keep going back and I'm hoping she'll get to experience csa someday too but she won't leave her kids for a vacation. I'm on this board multiple times a day I hate to admit but it's a disease! I got it bad

I'm doomed. We haven't set foot at the place yet and I already feel addicted. My wife and I are scheduled for our first trip to CSS in Jan, 5 months from now, and I'm already finding myself checking these boards multiple times a day. Reading about all of your experiences is just amazing. In fact, we decided yesterday to up our stay from 7 to 10 days. I will no doubt be a total basket case when we get back.

Thanks to all of you who share your wisdom on these boards. It really helps for first timers like us.

Started on my 40th birthday as a celebration. since then 5 trips to CTI and our 1st trip to CN in 8 days.....
    Oh and I turned 43 last month, do the math. 6 trips in 3 years = ADDICT
    If CN is anything like CTI my addiction will be out of control!!!

hello friends and fellow addicts. it's been 10 months since our last trip to couples. that was my fifth our second one to CTI. it was also a babymoon. i love couples and am counting down in my head and heart until the next trip. unfortunately that won't be until deep into 2016!!! not sure how i will make it. until then i just keep wondering...CN, CSA, or CB?

Hello, our names are Steve and Judy, we are Couple-holics as well. It started innocently enough with a 6 night trip to Couples Negril in February of 2009. Then a 7 night trip in 2010, then a 9 night trip in 2011 and 2012 all in February. Then inn 2012 we also decided to try Couples Swept Away in October. So we did not go to Couples Negril in February of 2013 because we had just been to Swept Away in October. We were miserable, irritable and somewhat sick from lack of Couples. We wandered around lost and forlorn, looking for a fix. We watched You Tube Videos and haunted the message boards. We talked about it and sat quietly and stared at our digital picture frame every time the pictures from our 2009 trip came on. We were very sad puppies. WE ARE COUPLE-HOLICS. The only fix, well in a long 53 days we will be going back to Couples Swept away for 6 nights, and then to Couples Negril for 7 nights. Then in February of 2014 we have booked Couples Negril for 7 nights and then in October of 2014 we have booked Couples Swept away for 7 nights, and so forth so on.

WE ARE COUPLE-HOLICS AND NOT ASHAMED TO SAY "PROUD OF IT!!!

Is good Mon!!!

Hello. My name is Stacey. And I'm a Couples-holic. I remember finding CTI on a travel website. It said 'you'll feel like you stepped back in time to a glamorous celibrty resort of the 1950's." I researched other resorts, but something kept calling me back to that one picture. That one quote. I didn't even know it yet. But the addiction was already taking root. I asked my hubby, "can we go?", I showed him the website, I made my case. He said "yes, ok, whatever you want." I had now dragged him into my addiction with me.
    We arrived at CTI on a Saturday night in February. It was just past midnight and all that I had seen of Jamaica were the brilliantly bright stars in the sky and the moon casting a white glow on a black ocean. But that sight, combined with the smell of the ocean and the Caribbean breezes awakened something in my soul. It was my first taste. It was so sweet. And I'll never forget it.
    That week in paradise is a hazy memory of new experiences ( I climbed a waterfall! I sun bathed in the nude!), amazing meals ( Bayside , I watched the evening turn to night while dining on wonderful Asian cuisine and sipping a to-die-for lemon drop martini), lazy afternoons by the pool, and many hours holding hands, cuddling with, and making love to my wonderful husband.
    We returned to CTI only seven months later. I had to know....was the first trip a fluke? Could that week possibly be recreated? Would my second 'hit' of Couples be anywhere near as good as the first? Well, let me tell you......it was even better!!
    Yes.....no denying it now. I was addicted. Surrounded by my fellow addicts, and even married to an addict.
    Back at home, I troll the message boards, devour the Couples FB page, like their pics on Instgram, it all keeps me going.
    In 14 short days we will be expanding our addiction when we visit CSS. I can't wait to make some new memories with my love and plant the seeds of my addiction just a little bit deeper.

Thank you for hearing my story and thank you all for sharing yours. So nice to know I'm not alone.

Much Love.

Hi Mike and Joy here....couple addicts since 2005. We started with CSA, and we were hooked! It immediately became our home away from home. We love CSA! Even the housekeeper recognized us on our second trip there...we had requested the same room and she immediately recognized us and knew we had stayed in that same room the year before! Even 'Elvis' recognized my husband on our second trip from many yards away and remembered our names! After our 5th trip to CSA and trading places at CN we booked our first trip to CTI. We loved it too! Each resort is different and I'm not sure we have a favorite, they all have different aspects we love about them. Our first experience with AN was at CTI, and yes we became addicted to that too! Richie was on the island and immediately greeted us and made us feel at ease immediately. It was awesome and we were both apprehensive at first but wanted to try it. I am so glad we did! After 2 trips to CTI we are booked for CSS and I am counting the days! We will arrive Oct 31 and will only be there 5 nights but it's our second trip to Couples this year. We are already thinking maybe we should extend our stay! We've gone from a once a year habit to twice a year. Once you go, you know!! Addicts for life!

these comments are awesome! people think I'm nuts when I talk about Jamaica and CSA, so glad to see I'm not alone... very unfortunate that I won't be able to get back home any sooner than 2016 unless I finally buy the right lottery ticket, it's an expensive addiction but worth every penny, my whole office is covered in pics from my 3 trips to CSA they help a lot when the cravings hit and my bank account isn't cooperating any fellow sufferers getting there sooner please soak it all in and update us

Hi Everyone! My husband and I are CSA addicts. Our first trip was for our honeymoon in 2011 and we are going back in December!! I love couples and Jamaica so much that during our two week vacation to Europe I caught myself saying I can't wait for Jamaica!! I get a starry eyed look when I talk about going "home" and most people just look at me like I'm nuts.

Hi Lloyd. My name is Angie and my husband's name is Eric. We went to Couples Negril for the first time Sept 9, 2012. I have been a junkie ever since. I had high expectations for our trip and it was even better than I could have ever imagined. Everything was so beautiful and everyone was so nice. If it wasnt for our 3 kids, I wouldn't have wanted to go home! We have our next trip planned for June 21,2014 and it cant come soon enough! I have a count down on my phone (281 days :-) ) and am always on the message board just reading different things just to keep my mind busy. Thanks for the fun little post from one junkie to another.

Hi Lloyd. My name is Angie and my husband's name is Eric. We went to Couples Negril for the first time Sept 9, 2012. I have been a junkie ever since. I had high expectations for our trip and it was even better than I could have ever imagined. Everything was so beautiful and everyone was so nice. If it wasnt for our 3 kids, I wouldn't have wanted to go home! We have our next trip planned for June 21,2014 and it cant come soon enough! I have a count down on my phone (281 days :-) ) and am always on the message board just reading different things just to keep my mind busy. Thanks for the fun little post from one junkie to another.

Hi I'm Richard and my wife is Anne. We were at CSS in 2010 and will be returning in December. We have been to several resorts and have yet to find one that comes close to Couples. I have a count down on my blog and the Ocho Rios weather report that gets checked every day. I just completed my Pre Check-in today. If you are there between 2 and 9 December you'll find us on SSB with our

That has got to work as a permanent discount!

Nice tat!

Hi my name is Jon and my wife is Robin. we are also addicted to CSS as well. We went on Sept 22-29 and we both fell in love with the resort. I even booked a trip to come back in Feb 2015 while we were at the resort. We both talk about it all the time ,me more than her. We even had a diner last night with ideas from a cook book we bought at the resort ,including the Blue Mountain coffee. I forgot I even booked a 5 night stay in April because we couldn't wait until 2015. I am on the MB all the time and love to read about and look at pictures from other addicts like us. only 176 day 21 hours 51 min and 30 sec until we get back home.

This is the best thread EVER!!!! My husband and I are also addicted. It's been almost two years since our last fix. We cheated on Couples in 2012 and tried Mexico. I told my husband from now on that if we must go someplace else, I get a Couples trip in between so as to not go thru to much withdrawal. The only downside is my hubby hates how depressed I am the rest of the winter and bug him relentlessly until I get to book the next trip
    Holly Irvin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast