Default No Cruzan rum cream?

I found a good substitute for Sangsters rum cream in the Cruzan brand. Now I haven't been able to find it in any liquor stores by me for a couple of months now. I am wondering if they quit making it? Anyone else that buys Cruzan having this problem?

Same problem here. I think Cruzan still makes it (according to their website) but I have been unable to find it. There are some places you can order Sangster's Rum Cream online if you want.

When I have none I sometimes use Bailey's Irish Cream instead, but it is different for sure. What tastes closer to me is a mix of Bailey's with a touch of Tia Maria or Kahlua added.

Best of luck!

i've had this problem in Denver too. both liquor stores i normally buy this from haven't had new stock since before xmas and i just bought out the last bottles a month or so ago. this is now code red critical as i've been out of stock for a month and have had to switch to bailey's irish cream. that's just not right.

I had been purchasing Cruzan at a liquor store near downtown Minneapolis but haven't been there for awhile. Lately I have been buying Rum Chata rum cream from a closer store. I'll check it out and let you know.

Hi Softail,
    You can buy it at Cashwise in Duluth....I notice that you're from the twin cities, but the trip may be worth it!
    Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 2014

rum chata mixed with some tia maria is the closest I can get to sangsters rum cream

Opps...I clicked the wrong button and posted instead of going "advanced".
    Last edited by NeedBlueWater; March 22nd, 2012 at 09:18 AM.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

The liquor store near me will "special order" items if they can find it. It might cost a little more, but when in a pinch...

As a last resort, you can try making your own Rum Creme.

14 ounces Can sweetened condensed milk
    1 cup Dark rum
    1 cup Heavy cream
    cup Chocolate-flavored syrup
    4 teaspoons Instant coffee powder
    teaspoon Ground cinnamon
    teaspoon Vanilla extract
    teaspoon Coconut extract

Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor. Whirl at high speed until well blended and smooth. Serve immediately over ice. Or cover tightly and store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Stir before serving.

***NOTE*** Be careful not to blend too much or the heavy cream will begin to whip. I've made that mistake.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Junkie, my sister bought me a bottle of rum chats and I almost hurled! Very watery.
    Jan, I haven't been up to Duluth in a few years, I may have to make the trip,
    Brandon, it is code red critical for me too, I'm kind of embarrassed to write this but I am having rum cream cravings and am not going back to CSA for a year! If I ever see Cruzan in the store again, I will clean them out! Good luck everyone.

Bailey's Irish Cream Caramel is a somewhat close 2nd

Thank you for the tips, I will try them until I can get the real stuff!