Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default When is the repeaters dinner at CSS?

Is it on Monday??? And where???
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, on the Pool Deck weather permitting. Otherwise in the conference room beside the Palazzina Restaurant.

The Repeaters Dinner changed at the beginning of February from Thursday to Wednesday. It is now held at the main pool.

It's on Thursday at 7:00 pm after the Manager's Cocktail Party. The room that it's in is sort of behind & to the right of Palazzina.

Here's what is says on the CSS Restaurant page:

SPECIAL NIGHTS AT COUPLES SANS SOUCI

Tuesday Beach Party: 7:00pm on the main beach
    Wednesday Lobster Night: every restaurant serves lobster specialties when in season, July 1 - March 31
    Thursday Managers Cocktail Party: 6:00pm at the main pool
    Thursday Repeat Guest Dinner: 7:00pm at Heliconia Suites; an invitation will be sent to your room.
    Friday Starlight Gala: 7:30pm on the main lawn

Jackie

I'm not sure my last reply went through. We just got back yesterday from CSS . Repeater dinner was thursday at 7 after the manager cocktail party with the tables set up outside along the main pool deck. It was very nice.

Apologies if this turns into a double post.

Now I am confused. One person stated it changed in February from Thursday to Wednesday and another person stated they just returned and it was on Thursday. We are going to CSS in a couple weeks so I guess we will find out when we get there. It doesn't really matter to us whether it is on Wednesday or Thursday.

We were at CSS from March 12-19 and the Repeaters Dinner was held on Wednesday night (lobster night) outside on the main pool deck. It was a great location, a guitarist played during dinner, and the effort the staff made for a great evening was appreciated!

I'm confused now too. It looks like it is different days on different weeks this month?

We will be there in 22 days so I guess I will find out then.

we just got back. stayed 20/27. the repeaters dinner was thursday and was one of the best in years. it was outside with a guitarist who was terrfic. the air was better and you could hear everyone at the table.

We just returned and were actually invited to the repeater dinner twice. The first week it was held on a Thursday, and the second week it was on the Wednesday.

This is quite confusing. 2 recent visitors to CSS, both in March, and one says Wednesday and the other says Thursday!

Maybe there are 2 repeater dinners!

I highly doubt that...but which day is it??????
    Cigar Dude

They don't host it in Heliconia Suite anymore???
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

No they changed it to outside. They serve you soup and appitizer, and then you go up to a barbeque area for salad and lobster and steak, which is self serve. Its quite nice.

Good Grief! Is the repeaters dinner on Wednesday or Thursday? We will be at CSS in two weeks. As everyone knows......we like to plan our evenings. Time flies while at CSS.

Quote Originally Posted by Runner44 View Post
    Good Grief! Is the repeaters dinner on Wednesday or Thursday? We will be at CSS in two weeks. As everyone knows......we like to plan our evenings. Time flies while at CSS.
    I agree! Someone must surely know the correct day. But, I'm sure the resort will tell you when you get there. Please let me know when you, or someone else, knows for sure.
    Cigar Dude

Looks like it's a 50% chance the repeater's dinner is going to be Wednesday or Thursday. We'll be there in a couple weeks too and suppose we'll figure it out upon arrival. Wherever we don't eat on one day we'll go on the next. The key to enjoying the stay at CSS, or any Couples resort, is being firmly flexible. Plans are great but when you're on "Jamaica Time" they're always up for change. Runner44, see you guys at the repeater's dinner...whichever day it is!

Bart & Bug

You are absolutely right, Bart & Bug. I am still in my work mode.......and need to chill a bit. When in Jamaica the attitude is to be flexible and go with the flow. Thanks for the reminder :-) Two weeks to go until our wonderful vacation. Yep.....see you guys at the repeaters dinner!!!! Have a great week!

I think they changed it from Thurday to Wednesday. When we were there, as I mentioned before, we got invited to two, one week was Thursday, the next was on the Wednesday. I think they did it on that Thurday because of some special envent held on the Wed. of that particular week. Plan on it being Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Runner44 View Post
    Runner44...all I can tell you is that when we were there March 12-19 the Repeaters dinner during that week was on Wednesday. I was surprised because the website shows Thursday, and I had planned for Thursday, therefore making a reservation for Cassanova for Wed. night upon arrival at CSS. Good thing I had double-checked the Repeaters dinner invitation when it was delivered to our room and I rescheduled Cassanova!!

We are at CSS right now and the repeater's dinner is Wednesday evening, outside by the main pool. They changed this in February to try something different!
    (Karen&Paul)

Thanks for the info, TravelBug! Wednesday works for us.......as does Thursday, ha! When in Jamaica......everything works. Thanks again for the information!

Runner44...no problem mon! We do the same thing, plan and plan and then have to realize we overplanned our vacation. It's at that point we simply get on Jamaica time, scrap the plan and go with the flow. This week won't go soon enough. Can't wait for some R&R at CSS. First one to the repeater's dinner buys the drinks!!!

Hi KarenON!
    suzyQ here! If you have an opportunity could you find out if the Repeaters Dinner will be held on Wednesdays by the Main Pool in July? That's our next trip home! It may be too warm to hold the dinner outside in the summer!

I hope you and Paul have a wonderful trip!
    suzyQ

I hope it is better if it is outside. I really felt the food was the worst of our entire stay, no choices.

Hmm, will have to pack for that night a little differently if it is outside. Hubby enjoyed it in the Heliconia Suite for the air conditioning.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast