Default Honeymoon at CN or CSA?

My fiancé and I chose to honeymoon in Negril this coming December, and it seems that Couples Negril and Couples Swept Away are the top two all-inclusive resorts in Negril. Can anyone tell me if they disagree with that statement, and if so, can they offer any other options? Basically we want to make sure that Couples is a perfect spot for a relaxing honeymoon. Also, has anyone been to both resorts that can recommend one over the other for a honeymoon? Thanks in advance!

We've only been to the Couples Resorts and have stayed at both CN and CSA. We've been pleased with our stay at both of them and found them to be equally relaxing. Each is different, having its own uniqueness that makes it special. Others, who've stayed at other resorts prior to coming to Couples, have told us they liked Couples better. We can assure you that Couples is the perfect spot for a relaxing honeymoon, anniversary or any occasion to spend with your spouse.

When it comes to recommending one resort over another in the Couples chain it all comes down to personal preference. There is no such thing as a better Couples Resort as they're all great in their own way. It's just that one will suit you best. Everyone on the message board has their favorite. What you need to do is look at the pictures, what each resort has to offer and find the one that fits you. That is the one you choose because it'll make that your perfect Couples honeymoon resort.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon,

Bart & Bug

Bart & Bug....

Thanks for your response to both posts (I wasn't sure my first message was actually posted, hence the duplicate). I've looked at both resorts over and over again and I think we're leaning towards CSA, since it's larger and their seems to be more options of things to do, places to eat. Plus, the beach there just looks gorgeous! I guess we're just curious as to the best room type to stay in. I think we definitely want to stay in a suite, but is it worth it to splurge for the oceanfront?

CSA- Is on the famous Seven Mile Beach listed in the top 5 in the world with lots to see on walks. It is spread out more with many buildings being like beach villas rather than the all in a row connected hotel look. These buildings usually have 4-6 units in each and have gardened walkways between them so you have more of an at home feeling. The Beachfront Suites are actually steps to the beach. BFS and Atrium Suites have no glass in the windows to let the sounds of Jamaica come into your room at night. There are screens and wooden adjustable shutters for airflow or privacy. All rooms have AC. There are more restaurants and bars here than at CN including a martini bar. Very laid back and relaxing resort. Never feels crowded even when all booked up. CSA has the Aurora Lounge which is the late evening night club with music and dancing.
    CN- Has a much larger pool with swim up bar than CSA. Also has an au natural beach area if you prefer that. Smaller resort so a little less walking. Resort buildings sit further back from the water's edge.

Both offer great food and entertainment with a wonderful staff. As you can see, we prefer CSA and our usual BFS but just as many rave about CN. You will of course love either one you choose. It is after all Couples.

Hi BrianN and welcome to the Couples family!
    First of all at any of the Couples resorts you can find a place to have a relaxing honeymoon. We've only been to CSA twice but here's my take after posting on this board for years. Both CN & CSA have beaches where you can take long walks together. At CN the beach is more private since it's smaller and has only a few other resorts along it. They also have an au natural beach if you're into that sort of thing where CSA doesn't. At CSA you can walk for miles, like we do, and visit shops and bars along the way. Margaritaville is on this beach. At CSA you'll get the occasional local selling cigarettes/cigars, parachute rides, jet ski rides or music groups stopping to play for tips. We like the beach at CSA because we get to interract with local people. My wife had to chase a musical group down the beach this past December to tip them. She was lucky that the Couples guard at the end of the property stopped them before she collapsed...lol. If you don't want to be involved with the locals you can always lounge up at the tree line because they're not allowed up on the Couples property and stay along the water's edge. If you like pool activities CN is better than CSA for that. If you like to workout, take a yoga or spin class, take a tennis lesson or play racquetball then CSA is for you. They have the best sports complex I've ever been to on vacation. There's also a big lap pool and hot tub over at the sports complex that's hardly ever used. It's not a Gold's Gym but it does the trick. I hope this helps and if you have any questions you think I might be able to answer give me a shout at steevg52@aol.com. Good luck with your decision and have an awesome time in Paradise!
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by BrianN View Post
    Bart & Bug....

Thanks for your response to both posts (I wasn't sure my first message was actually posted, hence the duplicate). I've looked at both resorts over and over again and I think we're leaning towards CSA, since it's larger and their seems to be more options of things to do, places to eat. Plus, the beach there just looks gorgeous! I guess we're just curious as to the best room type to stay in. I think we definitely want to stay in a suite, but is it worth it to splurge for the oceanfront?
    Just to clarify - none of the rooms at CSA are "suites" in that they dont have a bedroom and separate sitting room. However the beachfront rooms in the original section have very big verandahs which are like outdoor sitting rooms, and so do the Atriums. Some of the beachfront rooms have even bigger verandahs which wrap around the building.

BrianN,

Not a problem. We can still remember our first visit to a Couples Resort and how valuable all the info we found on the Message Board was in our planning process.

You are going to so love CSA. It is larger and more spread out. It also offers more dining choices than CN. The beach at both CSA and CN are absolutely gorgeous, as are the sunsets. Because CN is in a cove the water is more clear with less current affect. This is not to say that the water at CSA is not clear, it's just that it's more exposed to the ocean current which is good because you can find some beautiful shells there that aren't available at CN.

On our first trip to CSA we chose to book a Beachfront Suite (BFS). Not knowing if we'd ever return we felt it was worth the money to have the view of the beach/ocean. We did not regret that choice and had an awesome view where we witnessed many gorgeous sunsets and enjoyed hearing the sound of the ocean. We had heard that the Atrium Suites were also very nice, being situated behind the BFS, and decided to try that type during our second stay to save money. We never got to try out that theory because we were upgraded to a BFS. People we've talked with told us they loved their Atrium Suite. We hope to return again and try that ourselves. Neither the Atruims or BFS have televisions but we never missed it on either stay.

Here's a link to our Flickr account with pictures that include CSA and CN: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ecsimson/. Hopefully this will help in your choice. By the way...be sure to sign up for Romance Rewards and take the Trading Places visit to CN so you can see that resort for yourself for a day.

If we can be of any further help in preparing for your visit...let us know.

Bart & Bug

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon at CSA and LOVED every second of it! We got a corner unit Ocean View Verandah and were very happy with our choice. The food was far better than expected! The beach is amazing. And the sunsets are so romantic. I would definitely recommend CSA. Best wishes!

I would consider the veranda the separate sitting area and I guess Couples does too. That's why they must call them "suites".
    Just to clarify, they are called ocean veranda suites, no "view " in the name. You might get a partial view but don't expect much as they are tucked behind the beachfront veranda suites.