Thread: credit card

Default credit card

Is a credit card needed at cn or can you leave cash for incidentals?

From the FAQ: "Couples Resorts requires an imprint of your credit card and a "hold" of $300 for incidentals. "

You need to leave a CC and they will ore-authorize $300

I think they prefer a card for the check in deposit and additional charges. They have gone to a cashless system some years ago but I don't know for sure how strict it is.

You must have a credit card for them to have on file. You can settle your bill with cash when you check out.

Kiki

Can it be a debit card( with visa/ mastercsrd logo)?

I would call in advance- you will need a cc. When i went to commit to our deal this year, they would not take my Discover card(which i used last year), we had to put it on a Visa that we hadnt used for years. i dont what they would do if you arrived at the resort without a card they recognize. mike

You can always get one of the PRE-PAID credit Cards if you simply do not wish to use a "real" credit card while in Jamaica.

These are available at any Wal-Mart or convenience store.

I have been to Tower Isle twice in the last 3 years and we don't have a credit card, they asked for one when we check in and I just tell them that I don't have one . And there is never any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffin View Post
    You can always get one of the PRE-PAID credit Cards if you simply do not wish to use a "real" credit card while in Jamaica.

These are available at any Wal-Mart or convenience store.
    Fluffin,

We thought about doing that but were not sure if they would accept a pre-paid CC. Will they accept those just as well as a regular CC?

Good idea fluffin. Didn't think of that. Rather deal with cash to pay for stuff so ill just put it on a prepaid and go that route. Thanks.

Make sure you contact your cc company a week before you go so that their fraud department doesn't freeze your account. We had this happen on two cards during a vacation here in the U.S. once.

Life is good

A Visa/MC debit card is a credit card for all intensive purposes. It will work just fine.

Great Idea Fluffin!!!!!! Does anyone know for sure that these will work?!?

As long as there is a MC/Visa Logo on the card you are good to go. It can be a PRE-Paid or a debit card with the LOGO.

Of course you have to have the amount loaded onto the card.....