Default Advantages of booking throught Couples site?

I am getting ready to book a trip to CSA the beggining of December. Booking the trip through USAir vacations beats booking on the Couples site by $130 (that is with air separate - we want the direct fight from USAir).

I was just wondering if there is any advantage to booking the hotel direct, or should I just get the savings.

We have typically booked with an online TA over the past several trips because it saved a few hundred bucks. However, coming from someone who got bumped twice to a different resort due to the CTI renovation closures, we are now booking directly with Couples. While things eventually did get straightened out and we got bumped to the resort of our choice, it took much longer via the TA because they go through a third party vendor (as does USAir vacations). Those who booked directly with Couples got bumped and taken care of first. Not a huge deal, but it's nice to know that if something does happen, Couples can handle it directly. But if that isn't a big deal, then save the money.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by llm99 View Post
    I am getting ready to book a trip to CSA the beggining of December. Booking the trip through USAir vacations beats booking on the Couples site by $130 (that is with air separate - we want the direct fight from USAir).

I was just wondering if there is any advantage to booking the hotel direct, or should I just get the savings.
    I'd book through USAir and save a few bucks. I have booked 3 ways and prefer USAir or Couples direct over a TA because I have noticed the trip insurance has better coverage. This yar due to website issues I was forced to book with a TA and regret it due t the travel insurance not being as broad.
    ... it keepsh me shane

Thanks for the responses. We just booked our trip! We will be at CSA from Nov. 27 - Dec. 3. We are so excited!

I ended up booking the room direct with Couples. The prices had changed a bit from my last view so decided that was the way to go.

We went to CSA in February 2009 and are returning in November. We booked both trips through Costco and were able to save a couple of hundred dollars compared to the prices posted on Couples website. If you are a Costco member, check it out.

The trip earlier this year, we were able to book 'Room Only', but for the trip in November, Costco required airfare to be purchased through them as well. That worked out well, as we got direct flights from Baltimore on Air Jamaica.

The big advantage is you can change your booking directly with the resort if a better deal comes up. We have done this 2 times already.
    Irie Mon

I think the biggest advantage of booking through the resort is if you need to change your dates up to 45 days ahead, they do NOT charge you. They just switch them. Through most online TA's there is a change fee if you need to change things. Also, up to 45 days out, you can cancel with no penalty. Not true of the online TA's. (Note that this does NOT apply to airfare, but we usually book our airfare separately anyway.)

Couples will match any land prices. You must forward the quote to them. Call Couples for the info.