Default Would anyone recommend taking the Couples Private Transfer

We are so excited about Leaving in 20 Days for CSA, celebrating our 38 th Anniversary. One special option we have been considering is taking the Couples PRIVATE TRANSFER from the MJB Airport. We would like to hear from anyone who has and anyone who has not taken advantage of this option, your experiences . The advantages and disadvantages to both types of transfers. Thank you, P&G

I have not heard of this option!!!

I wouldn't waste the money paying for a private transfer to the resort. If there happens to be no one else going at the same time as you are, you may have a private transfer anyway. There has been a couple of times that it's just been us going. You're going to be in a van anyway I would assume - at least I've never noticed any limos or anything like that coming & going. Normally, it's been us & 2 other couples going in a van & only once has there been so many that they put us in a shuttle type bus that is full. Getting to the resort really is not that big a deal in my opinion. Riding with others is great fun - you make some new friends right off & it passes the time. You never have to wait more than 15 or 20 minutes tops for the free ride to leave & it would probably be the same for a private ride so save the cash & spend it on a private dinner to celebrate your anniversary. Congrats & ENJOY!
    Julie

boobooza02

Jump in the van or the bus with others and enjoy the ride. Meet new friends. The private transfer costs you $$$$$ while the other is a free service provided by the resort.

Just hop on the bus Gus, you don't need to discuss much.
    nobody's favorite poster

Oh please do not miss out on the shuttle bus trip to Couples. On our last trip a few months ago we met six couples on the shuttle. They turned out to become our best friends at the resort. Not everyone was the same age but we just bonded. Whenever an event happened at the resort we just sort of gravitated to each other. Then we also had our alone time.We were not together constantly. I think the resort shuttle bus is fun and I wouldn't miss it for the world.

I think it is a real treat, but not sure that I would do it every time. We had a private transfer this last time that we went to CTI (it was a surprise for my husband's birthday). We travel from Oregon, so getting to CTI is a REALLY lond day for us, and it was so nice to get in the van by ourselves and just relax all the way to the resort. There are pros and cons for both, but if you are looking to just have a quiet drive and relax at your own pace I would recommend the private transfer. If you want to be social and meet new people on the way, then the included transfer would be the way to go.

I LOVE the transfer from the hotel to the resort. We always have so much fun, laughing and chatting it up with the folks that are going to same resort. Now the trip back is another story...
    Kristen

I think the biggest drawback is that you won't have the opportunity to meet other guests. The ride is so wonderful to be able to share it with others and get to know people.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I wouldn't miss the ride to the resort with our fellow guests for anything! It is all part of the Couples experience.
    Save your money for a private dinner on the beach instead.
    Travel Agent to the Stars!
    Oh, sorry, got carried away.
    But I am a Couples Preferred Agent.

CN 2003, 2005, 2008, 2011 CSS 2006, 2007 CSA 2007, 2011 CTI 2009

We'll likely be doing it this year. I have to stop at a particular jerk spot and tend to fit poorly in the bus/van seats designed for people under 6' tall.

We have always just used the Couples transfer. It is always a lot of fun to meet fellow guests on the trip to the resort. Everyone is very happy and giddy.

We usually travel during the week, so our transfer buses/vans only have a few couples. However, one year, we flew back on a Saturday, and our transfer van was packed to the gills. It was very uncomfortable, and not pleasant. If you have the money, and want to splurge, by all means arrange for the private transfer, especially if you want some alone time on the trip back to the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisJamie View Post
    We'll likely be doing it this year. I have to stop at a particular jerk spot and tend to fit poorly in the bus/van seats designed for people under 6' tall.
    I am 6 foot tall. The buses the resort uses have at least 2 feet of headroom above me.

Quote Originally Posted by boobooza02 View Post
    We are so excited about Leaving in 20 Days for CSA, celebrating our 38 th Anniversary. One special option we have been considering is taking the Couples PRIVATE TRANSFER from the MJB Airport. We would like to hear from anyone who has and anyone who has not taken advantage of this option, your experiences . The advantages and disadvantages to both types of transfers. Thank you, P&G

I am not sure that we are all talking about the same thing. Couples offers a "private" transfer to all of their resorts at no additional charge. By "private" they mean that the shuttle will not be stopping at any resorts other then Couples. Because you are going to Swept Away, if there are couples going to Negril, you might stop there, but most of the time when we have gone, it has only been CN folks on the shuttle. Several times we had to completely to ourselfs.

By the way don't forget to ask the driver to stop for a cold beer and some jerk chicken. They all have their favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by IACouple View Post
    I am 6 foot tall. The buses the resort uses have at least 2 feet of headroom above me.
    Headroom; yep.

Legroom for a 6'7" guy...not so much. After hours on a plane, I'd love to stretch out a bit.

My DH is 6'7" and last year in the lounge, I commented that he didn't fit very well on the buses (no legroom). Whamm-o. They had us and the one other couple that was there whisked off to our ride in a VERY comfortable mini-van. No charge.

Gotta love Couples.