Default What makes Couples better than other resorts to you?

Hello,
    We've only been to couples and obviously love it! But we Just wondered for those of you who have been to other resorts, will you compare for us couples to the other resorts with your experiences as well . Thanks 😊

Having stayed at resorts in Cancun, Tulum, Cabo san Lucas, the Dominican Republic, and two other resorts in Jamaica, the thing that really stands out is at Couples "no problem mon" really means no problem. The staff 's willingness to provide a unique vacation experience is what sets Couples ahead of all others. In Mexico, the resorts were top notch, modern and glitzy, but the experience was marred by a lack of warmth. Tips were not only accepted but expected. It is very refreshing to enjoy an all inclusive vacation that is truly all inclusive.

Small buildings sprawled out so the density of potentially 600 guests does not feel crowded.
    Tennis complex is well staffed and active with guests.
    The beach is fantastic.
    Calm water most of the time.
    Mature foliage
    Easy flights (unfortunate long drive though)
    Price point/Value
    Food
    Unique room configuration/no TV/Open air
    Upgrade to premium beach front at reasonable price.

Im not saying these things don't exist anywhere else but its a package that is very attractive to us at these prices. I can't find a huge open terrace beach front room and stay 7 nites for $5k anywhere else. It might exist but I have yet to find it. The room amenities are not the greatest at couples but its a trade off I am glad to make at this price.

The relaxed atmosphere, resort credits, included excursions, no tipping and service. Our sixth Couples vacation. :-)

The staff, great food, and the Beach at CSA.

Life is good

Well said, happypappy! I couldn't have said it better. Everyone is so warm, polite, gracious, generous, kind...I could go on and on. One Love

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

One of the largest drawbacks I found was at the other resort it was adults only, not couples only. The resort allowed anyone who was 18 years and over. It ended up being a meat market and I didn't appreciate it. The food also wasn't very good. And I agree with Happypappy about the staff, they were very aloof to the guest and you ended up with a feeling that they really would prefer it if you were not there. I had my golf bag ruined because of their lack of attention to detail. This was in Jamaica. I've only stayed at resorts in Jamaica.

Couples is the exact opposite of what I described above. It is fabulous with attention to all details, friendly staff who become life long friends, great food, romance, romance, romance, just a fabulous way to spend your vacation dollars.
    Last edited by Coloradojuli; September 16th, 2014 at 06:29 PM.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by Iriemon628 View Post
    Hello,
    We've only been to couples and obviously love it! But we Just wondered for those of you who have been to other resorts, will you compare for us couples to the other resorts with your experiences as well . Thanks ��
    Thats a big wide open question.

Really its a personal thing and not knowing who or what you are about it would be hard to answer.

We love couples but its a small part of our overall travel experience. I think my Tripadvisor map shows 22 countries visited and 120 cities. That is just vacation travel.

Couples is our "Veg out" spot. We are to embark on our 5th trip "Back to Jamaica" and it marks the most frequent revisited country over 20 years. We did CN shortly after it opened and had a great time. We choose CSA for three reasons:

1. The beach: THe beaches at SS and TI don't look nearly as appealing. Its a personal choice. Some love it.
    2. Dig the non hotel like rooms. No TV, and lots of open air. Some might hate that.
    3. I want to play tennis every day.

Thats why we came to CSA last year and coming back in a few weeks with another couple. If we were not traveling with them to celebrate a milestone I doubt we'd be back. We like to try other places. I got lazy and just rebooked. That's not a knock on the place.

Couples will always make you feel like a guest, not just another dollar sign. Those of you that have been to Couples and other resorts know exactly what I mean. we have always been treated better at Couples than any other resort/hotel we have stayed. (I'm not sure I deserve it, but it sure is nice). The staff truly care about making you stay the best it can be, they will go out of their way to make sure all their guests are happy. No company is perfect, but the Couples staff sure do try hard to make that happen.

Well said everyone!
    We also believe couples has really made us feel welcome. The smiles on the employees faces everyday is so nice to see!

Quote Originally Posted by Iriemon628 View Post
    Hello,
    We've only been to couples and obviously love it! But we Just wondered for those of you who have been to other resorts, will you compare for us couples to the other resorts with your experiences as well . Thanks ��

......Haven't done any other resort. But HAVE done cruises. Since our first Couples, we have done just 1 cruise. And that reminded us on why we prefer Couples Resorts. Couples-ALL inclusive. No overpriced additional excursions. NO unruly children to put up with. NO tipping.

Default Ditto to Happypappy 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Happypappy View Post
    Having stayed at resorts in Cancun, Tulum, Cabo san Lucas, the Dominican Republic, and two other resorts in Jamaica, the thing that really stands out is at Couples "no problem mon" really means no problem. The staff 's willingness to provide a unique vacation experience is what sets Couples ahead of all others. In Mexico, the resorts were top notch, modern and glitzy, but the experience was marred by a lack of warmth. Tips were not only accepted but expected. It is very refreshing to enjoy an all inclusive vacation that is truly all inclusive.
    We have settled into a routine of traveling twice a year normally in March and October. We reserve the October trip for our adult family and March which is our anniversary month for us. The family trip is normally to the locations you mentioned or a beachfront home in the states. Our Anniversary trip is totally for ourselves. Our children reached the age where the two of us could start getting away by ourselves about 23 years ago and we haven't missed a year since. During that time we've been to Jamaica 18 times. (others to St Martin, Barbados, and Nevis) Yes, we tried a couple of the "S" resorts and each time returned to Couples for all the reasons you stated. We love the Boutique resort atmosphere and definitely the adult couples policy.
    This does bring me to our concern. It's the large groups that have started visiting in the last few years. We've encountered good ones and loud bad ones. The new group policy does now allow for singles, which could drive couples like us away in search of a new place like Couples used to give us.
    But for now we're going to give Couples another shot---CN in March 2015 for our 17th visit----(Sans Souci once and the rest to CN!)
    Does anyone know where Karen Lanigan and Stephan the old head chef are located, or if their still with the family? We used to enjoy conversations with Karen and early morning runs with Stephan.
    Thank You Couples
    B&J

Quote Originally Posted by barbjer View Post
    Does anyone know where Karen Lanigan and Stephan the old head chef are located, or if their still with the family? We used to enjoy conversations with Karen and early morning runs with Stephan.
    Thank You Couples
    B&J
    IKaren now manages CSA and Stefan left CN a couple years ago, I think he might even be with a new company.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We had always made it a practice never to return to the same resort twice -- until we visited Couples. As others have stated, we love the attentive service, the overall friendliness of the staff, the quality and selection of the food, the no-tipping policy. We especially like that all guests are treated equally. No special privileges (restaurant/lounge chair reservations) for higher level rooms. We are returning for our 4th trip (3 CN, 1 CSS). Can't wait!

Blog Entries

Hi barbjer,

Miss Lanigan is the General Manager at Couples Swept Away and Stefan is the Corporate Chef for Couples Resorts
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by owrp View Post
    We had always made it a practice never to return to the same resort twice -- until we visited Couples. As others have stated, we love the attentive service, the overall friendliness of the staff, the quality and selection of the food, the no-tipping policy. We especially like that all guests are treated equally. No special privileges (restaurant/lounge chair reservations) for higher level rooms. We are returning for our 4th trip (3 CN, 1 CSS). Can't wait!
    Same here and we like new experiences.

I have nothing negative about the service but in our two trips to a couples property and about to embark on our third I can't really rave about the service. It was very good but I don't seek out "friendly". I don't need to be buddy-buddy with the bar tentenders and no wait staff stood out except one very rude one last year who had us in stitches. She was acting like she wanted to piss me off and get fired. She was egocentric and not "mean spirited" so the exchange was really quite entertaining but with another guest it would not end as nice. No need to complain as I don't really get that upset at stuff like that on vacation.

I have had outstanding service in other places.

ONe also has to understand in Mexico they are more reserved so its a cultural thing as well. I really don't ask for much and sometimes just prefer staff be transparent and do their jobs then be my friend. Don't get me wrong, the staff works hard and puts in long hours and have families and money pressures like the rest of the world. I don't want to hold them up from their duties. At the same time I don't want to someone to give me a dose of personality when they might just be procrastinating at the same time.

LIke I said, the service is good. As all inclusives go this is a very good one! Actually my favorite was GL in the early 90's when it was the highest rated resort in Jamaica. Great service and food. I worked out in the gym with Johnny "if the glove don't fit you must aquit!" Cochorene and they had some sort of televised conference later that day. He was a good guy one on one. That resort has dropped quite a bit. We were watching CN being built right next door and our next trip we decided to try it and liked it alot. Bloody Bay is a great beach!!!
    Last edited by Bargamon; September 18th, 2014 at 04:12 PM.

We have been all over the States...but Jamaica is the only country we have been too (5x). Our last two visits to CSA. I don't have any desire to go anywhere else. Is that crazy? Most of the people I know think so...including my husband. But it fits and works for me.

No TV ??? I'm pretty sure our room had a TV.....
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Never been to another AI and dont see a need too. couples is just perfect.
    CSS OCT 2009
    CSS OCT 2011
    CSS OCT 2014