Default 4 days to go and rainy/thunderstorms in Negril!?

4 more days until my hubby and I arrive at Couples Negril!

Forecast says rainy and thunderstorms almost the whole time we are there!!!!!!!

do these storms last very long and is it really the whole day!? and how about the rain, does that usually last the whole day or is it come and go? help! i need sun!

Default Hope the forecast it wrong...

I am waiting for someone to respond...we leave in two days...Looks like the weekend will be nice but before and after I see the thunderstorms in the forecast also on Weather.com. Hope someone posts something. Curious what stays open and what closes when the thunder storms are breezing through.

Jamaica is a tropical paradise. There is a very specific formula that dictates the viability of such an environment. It involves plenty of fresh water in the form of rainfall (which can happen at any time, day or night), and at least as much sunshine (which only occurs during the day). I like your odds.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Don't look at the weather. It only rains for a short time this time of the year and you can't change anything about it anyway. Go and have fun. Rain or shine.

Life is good

Quote Originally Posted by Rachie25 View Post
    4 more days until my hubby and I arrive at Couples Negril!

Forecast says rainy and thunderstorms almost the whole time we are there!!!!!!!

do these storms last very long and is it really the whole day!? and how about the rain, does that usually last the whole day or is it come and go? help! i need sun!
    Don't pay too much attention to the forecast! We went in October last year and I was crazy about checking the weather. It said thunderstorms every day but it only rained twice, MAYBE 3 times during our 8 day/9 night stay and they were pretty quick. Enjoy

forcast always says rain no worries. A bad day in jamaica is better than a good day _______! you fill it in.

OK, forecast showed the same thing when we were there earlier this month....reality was hot and sunny the whole time we were there, never saw a drop of rain. Don't worry about it

We had the same forecast for our trip in early March, too. We had 2 days where it rained for 2-3 hours during the day. One day we enjoyed laughing and meeting new people in the hot tub while it was pouring and the other day we took an awesome nap. All in all, rain in Jamaica is better than being ANYWHERE else!