Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: January 2013

Hybrid View

Default January 2013

All signed up for January 2013. Same weeks as the last 2 years, Jan 16-26. Anyone else plan to be there too? Let's start a thread.

Chris

Looks like so far we are pretty much alone in January...anyone?

Come hell or high water I'll be there with a new partner, finding the right person is a killer. Don't worry about me boys I'll figure something out!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnsue View Post
    Looks like so far we are pretty much alone in January...anyone?

Great News!!! Met the most amazing girl JoAnn a couple months ago, with visions aligned! I knew she was out there and friends of CSS SSB will meet her Jan 21-28, 2013. Keith, Ginger, Chris, Sue and others see you there!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RobNY View Post
    Come hell or high water I'll be there with a new partner, finding the right person is a killer. Don't worry about me boys I'll figure something out!!

Hi, Chris and Sue. We're planning on booking soon. Tentativly we're looking at the 21-28th due to child care schedules. I'll let you know when we pull the trigger! No matter what, you won't be alone, as I've heard from 3 other couples via Email that will be there at the same time you're there.

We will be back from Jan 16th to the 25th. Wish I can say we will be more social this year but just like the last couple of years we will be hiding under one of the palm trees. Just cant get the wife comfortable enough to socialize.

Karl

Default January 2013 meet up.

krazykeith: Wish you could come a week earlier. We debated weeks but thought everyone was aiming for the week earlier. We already booked and bought airline tickets or we would change weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by krazykeith View Post
    Hi, Chris and Sue. We're planning on booking soon. Tentativly we're looking at the 21-28th due to child care schedules. I'll let you know when we pull the trigger! No matter what, you won't be alone, as I've heard from 3 other couples via Email that will be there at the same time you're there.

Rob,

Yes, We'll be there Jan 16-26 2013. Hope you can make it too. We still plan to go to Hawawii in the summer or early fall 2013; I'm trying to get some high schools friends together to go visit another HS friend in Hawawii.

Hope you can make it. Sorry to hear the Leslie won't be back with you.

Sue and I plan to visit Bill and Mary in May; they live on the route to University of Illinois, so we can stop when we visit our daughter.

Talk to you soon.

Chris

Hi Chris & Sue
    We'll be there the 22nd till the 31st. We're going to CTI for 7 days on the 15th first. This will be our 3rd trip to CTI. Jen's Mom and Dad are going to join us on the 22nd at CSS for 7 days. This will be their 2nd time to couples. Their 1st trip was back in 06 to CTI before it go refurbished. We did visit CSS our last trip and enjoyed it very much. We loved both the beachs. See you there. Scott & Jen

We just booked the CWE for Jan 21-28th! Unfortunately, we'll miss a bunch of friends that usually go 1 week earlier, but we just couldn't make that work this year. I guess we'll have to make some new friends this time! I can't wait!

Keith,

We'll overlap for 4 or 5 days, depending on what time you arrive on the 21st. Looking forward to seeing you and Ginger again.

Chris

Scott and Jen,

Sounds like you have a great trip planned; 14 days and two resorts sound like a dream. Hope to see you there.

Chris

We just booked for Jan 19th-26th, so we'll see you there. Our 6th trip to CSS, but first time during this week. Can't wait to get back to SSB!

Let's start a get to know you thread for January 2013.

I'll go first:

Name: Chris and Sue
    Ages: 54 + 52
    How many times to Couples: 2
    Trip Dates: 16-26
    Room Type: Beachfront
    Where are you from: Illinois
    What are you looking forward to: A whole lot of relaxing, snorkeling, SSB Pool volleyball, great food and drinks, and meeting friendly people
    Will you go AN during your trip: Yes
    Drink you're looking forward to: Mango or Strawberry Daiquiri
    Kids: 2, to adult girls
    Level of excitement (1-10): 10

Name: Tammy and Chris
    Ages: 38 & 41
    2nd trip to couples
    Trip Date: Jan 16th - 22nd
    Room Type: Penthouse
    Where are you from: Iowa
    Looking forward to the most: Everything!!!!! Time with my husband that I don't have to share...lol
    AN? If I can persuade him YES!
    Fav drink: Peach on the Beach
    Kids: 2 girls...9 and 12 yr old
    Level of excitement (1-10)....ohhhh about a billion

I have booked this trip and my hubby has no idea....am goin to suprise him....i can't believe i have kept my mouth shut for this long! It's killing me not to tell him......
    I can't wait to go back. I can not put into words enough to try and explain to people what the experience is like. It is amazing. Can't wait to get back "home"

Tammy

Chris, we are trying something new this year. In order to get the first flight out of Atlanta, we're flying out of MSP on Sunday evening and spending the night in a hotel near the airport in Atlanta. That should put us on the beach by mid to late afternoon, plus a shorter travel day may allow us to not be so wiped out!

Here is our info....cat wait.

Name: Karl and Kathy
    Ages: 35, 34
    How many times to Couples: 3
    Trip Dates: 17-25
    Where are you from: New York
    What are you looking forward to: Naked, Relaxing and enjoying life with no kids and work.
    Will you go AN during your trip: Yes
    Drink you're looking forward to: all I can drink.
    Kids: 2 girls 15 and 11.

Name: Bob and Tracy
    Ages: 53 & 51
    How many times to Couples: This will be our 6th!
    Trip Dates: 19th - 26th
    Where are you from: Minnesota
    What are you looking forward to: Another great time at SSB; lots of laughs and winning at shots bingo!
    Will you go AN during your trip: You betcha

Drink(s) you're looking forward to: Humming Birds, Rum Cream, Red Stripe, Rum Punch, White Russians, Black Russians, Mud Slides, Baileys, Blackberry shots, Greyhound, Tequila Sunrise, Dirty Banana, Pina Colada, Vodka Slush, Jamaican Water slide, etc., etc., etc.!!!

Kids: 1 son (27) and 1 daughter (25)

keith,

You are using the same flight strategy that we use. you are correct, it get's you to CSS earlier and makes for a shorter travel day.

see you at SSB.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnsue View Post
    keith,

You are using the same flight strategy that we use. you are correct, it get's you to CSS earlier and makes for a shorter travel day.

see you at SSB.

Chris
    Chris, have you actually stayed in Atlanta near the airport? Do you have a hotel recommendation? With 93 days left to go, I figured I should book our overnight stay. We don't need a lot of amenities, as we'll only be there for a few hours, but clean, comfortable beds would be nice!

Keith

Rob,

We are staying at the Marriott SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway.

It's right next to the airport, and is connected by the ATL SkyTrain. Cost is $217 including tax. I always stay at Marriott properties since I get points and they are always clean and updated.

Chris

Thanks Chris. I'll check it out. That hotel sounds super convenient, but paying over $200 for just a few hours...that's going to be hard to swallow!

Keith

Tammy,

Thanks for the update. we have 7 looooong months to wait now

Name: Scott & Jennifer
    Ages: 50 & 38
    3rd trip to couples
    Trip Date: Jan 15th to 24 CTI. then 24th to 31st CSS
    Room Type: Premier ocean CTI, then Beach Ocean Suite CSS
    Where are you from: Washington State
    Looking forward to the most: Relaxing in the Sun and meeting new & old friends
    AN? always
    Fav drink: as long as its cold and wet.
    Kids: Jack (Becky), James (Jennelle), Chad, Codi (Anothony). 3 Granddaughters
    Level of excitement (1-10) every year its the same 11+

Name: Ray and Terry
    Ages: 52 & 49
    1st trip to couples
    Trip Date: Jan 14th - 23nd
    Room Type: Penthouse
    Where are you from: NC (outer banks)
    Looking forward to the most: Romantic time together! Celebrate my wife's 50th birthday.
    AN? ??????????????????
    Fav drink: Anything stronger than water.
    Kids: Daughter 25 years old
    Level of excitement (1-10)....10x10x10

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast