Default Steel Drum band for wedding at CTI?

Has anyone hired the steel drum band to play during their wedding and reception at CTI? Is it worth it? We will have about 26 guests, so we were thinking that would be really cool to have, but I would love any feedback! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by allisonb543 View Post
    Has anyone hired the steel drum band to play during their wedding and reception at CTI? Is it worth it? We will have about 26 guests, so we were thinking that would be really cool to have, but I would love any feedback! Thanks!
    We got married at CTI on 3/22/12. We didn't use the steel drum band, but if it's the same band they had played one evening (as night entertainment) they were amazing!! The CD player they use is pretty quiet, I didn't hear any music walking to my groom..could of been I completely blocked it out, the ocean was loud, or because of all the people who noticed we were getting married were cheering...hard to say

We had the trio (actually 4 band members) for our wedding and cocktail hour at CSS. It was amazing it was the best thing we did. I had sent a list of songs that I wanted for the ceremony and our first dance on the beach about a month in advance to the wedding coordinator to double check if the band was able to play them and it was no problem. I say go for it you will not be disappointed!

Sunstarsmoon-Was the band the Jamaican Mento Band? They quoted me that for $150 for an hour and the steel drum band for $450 for an hour. We were going to look at the Mento band, so I hope that is the same one you had!

We were married at CTI 4/21/12 and hired the steel drum band for 3 hours! Even hubbie said it was the best decition we made! First hour cost is $450 and any adition hour is $200 per hour! It is not the Silverbird steel drum band....The band is CTI house band but they sound incredible and they play most anything you ask! The guest at the swimm up pool and block 5 really enjoyed listen to them as well! Congratulation Allison and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by allisonb543 View Post
    Sunstarsmoon-Was the band the Jamaican Mento Band? They quoted me that for $150 for an hour and the steel drum band for $450 for an hour. We were going to look at the Mento band, so I hope that is the same one you had!
    no we had the steel drum band!