Thread: Maniac Review

Hybrid View

Default Maniac Review

Slowly coming out of depression after returning from 11 nights at CN...slowly! Good thing is we are booked for our third trip next year, moved to April after 2 years in March.
    Thoughts;
    On other guests...I give a lot of credit to Jamaican Junkie, Dave and Leatha. Being able to see photoes of folks and communicating prior to our visit really added to the immediate fun this year. I really encourage others to get on your months message board and communicate ahead of your visit. Goodness, the folks we immediately met added so much to the fun. We spent all our beach time on the AN and so did many of the other folks on the board. If you have interest in the AN, try it and you will find the folks incredibly welcoming, down to earth and fun...at least when my coozie stuck to my butt cheek for everyone but me to see it was fun...(Claude, thanks for not throwing us off the beach that one time, Nell probably helped us?)

Staff/hosts...especially appreciate Yannich at the AN bar. What a tremendous asset to Couples. He was constantly delivering, taking orders or bringing cold wash clothes or fruit snacks to the folks on the beach. Truly, he really made the days even more relaxing than we expected. Otis at the pool bar was great too...those blue things are tastie and dangerous! And, Vernica took care of our room. What a wonderful person with a smile that could light a dark room, we were exceedingly pleased with everything about our room in building 6. We did the couple deep tissue massage..oh please experience that everyone! We did the Hobie Cates, and I really don't do water, but it was a blast except when Chris took us out too far and we got introuble, ha ha. RAISES FOR EVERYONE

Food...Oh my, can't say enough. You know the seafood will be great, but the pork and beef were terrific, the salads, the breads and desserts were to die for. We ate everywhere! The grill may have been just a bit impersonal compared to everywhere else, but only noticable because the others were so good. Service was fine, atmosphere fun and we were certainly in no hurry and just loved the dining experiences. AGAIN, RAISES FOR EVERYONE

Finally, we are making the greatest friends that we will continue to stay in contact with, visit like Tim and Tamara, plan next year with like Chris and Angie, and will look forward to staying in contact with like Dave and Leatha and so many more. We have gotten a number of emails already from TX and Alabama from folks we met. What a great time!, Oh, 11 nights isn't enough!

I guess the count down begins again...

Bob, it was great to get to meet you and Nancy. Sorry we did not get to spend any time with you guys on the AN side except for the hot tub one night. Maybe I can talk Patti into it next year. Hope we get to see you guys again. Have a good year and don't start counting down to soon, it will drive you nuts.

Ken & Patti from RI

We agree with everything kiddo said above. We could not have asked for a better place to be and a better place to spend our vacation. We spent some time on the message board weeks before our trip. It was nice to gain some information from others about their previous visits and what to expect. We were not dissappointed!!
    We met up the very first day with some of those that we had exchanged messages with on the board. We really feel like this made the trip that much more enjoyable. This was our first at an AN beach and we felt very comfortable from the very first day and met many people from all walks of life there.

The room, the beach, the food, the staff, the entertainment, the drinks, everything was top notch. The bartenders were very attentive and did their best to please us in every way. If you can't find something you like to eat at this resort, well I'm sorry to say you are just way way too picky and should just stay at home. haha. We especially enjoyed our dinner with Bob and Nancy one evening at the grill. We took the cat cruise and enjoyed a fantastic sunset!!! The lobster night we went to the Cassava Terrace and the lobster was excellent. Not just half a lobster, but both halves, grilled to perfection!!! I followed Bob's suggestion of the snapper sandwich one day for lunch at the grill, and it was amazing.

Thanks do go out to Jamaican_Junkie for organizing the message board and encouraging others to post and participate. We met other couples at just about every venue, whether it was at the pool and the swim up bar, the beach, the piano bar, or just having a drink before dinner.

Our trip was mainly about going and relaxing and doing pretty much nothing. That's exactly what we did! But we got so much more by meeting people and hopefully some we stay in touch with and meet up again at Couples. By far, the best trip ever and we can't wait to return. We are waiting a bit before booking next years trip, but it will probably be in March again. The only regret we have is not being there for St. Patrick's day. I've seen some of the others pictures and it looked like everyone had a blast!

C&M

Hey guys, we had a great time meeting you all as well. My only regret is that it goes by so fast, and we didn't have a chance to spend more time with each of you. Maybe next year, if we book for about 3 weeks, then we'd have enough time! But I will always have the great memories (cat cruise during a thunderstorm, Appleton Estates/Pelican Bar tour, St. Patty's Day painting). And then there were the times that I wish I could remember (What? I had a Bob Marley last night? Where's my room key?). Now that I think about it...you guys are really bad influences on me!

We had talked with some people about planning a summer get-together somewhere in the U.S. Maybe we could all meet somewhere in the middle. Let's see...Minnesota, Texas, South Carolina, and Rhode Island. Hmmmmm...it looks like a Maniac reunion in Louisville Kentucky!

Keep in touch!

We had talked with some people about planning a summer get-together somewhere in the U.S. Maybe we could all meet somewhere in the middle. Let's see...Minnesota, Texas, South Carolina, and Rhode Island. Hmmmmm...it looks like a Maniac reunion in Louisville Kentucky!

Keep in touch![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

A summer get together sounds fun! Only 361 days until we're back "home"....

Quote Originally Posted by kiddo View Post
    Slowly coming out of depression after returning from 11 nights at CN...slowly! Good thing is we are booked for our third trip next year, moved to April after 2 years in March.
    Thoughts;
    On other guests...I give a lot of credit to Jamaican Junkie, Dave and Leatha. Being able to see photoes of folks and communicating prior to our visit really added to the immediate fun this year. I really encourage others to get on your months message board and communicate ahead of your visit. Goodness, the folks we immediately met added so much to the fun. We spent all our beach time on the AN and so did many of the other folks on the board. If you have interest in the AN, try it and you will find the folks incredibly welcoming, down to earth and fun...at least when my coozie stuck to my butt cheek for everyone but me to see it was fun...(Claude, thanks for not throwing us off the beach that one time, Nell probably helped us?)

Staff/hosts...especially appreciate Yannich at the AN bar. What a tremendous asset to Couples. He was constantly delivering, taking orders or bringing cold wash clothes or fruit snacks to the folks on the beach. Truly, he really made the days even more relaxing than we expected. Otis at the pool bar was great too...those blue things are tastie and dangerous! And, Vernica took care of our room. What a wonderful person with a smile that could light a dark room, we were exceedingly pleased with everything about our room in building 6. We did the couple deep tissue massage..oh please experience that everyone! We did the Hobie Cates, and I really don't do water, but it was a blast except when Chris took us out too far and we got introuble, ha ha. RAISES FOR EVERYONE

Food...Oh my, can't say enough. You know the seafood will be great, but the pork and beef were terrific, the salads, the breads and desserts were to die for. We ate everywhere! The grill may have been just a bit impersonal compared to everywhere else, but only noticable because the others were so good. Service was fine, atmosphere fun and we were certainly in no hurry and just loved the dining experiences. AGAIN, RAISES FOR EVERYONE

Finally, we are making the greatest friends that we will continue to stay in contact with, visit like Tim and Tamara, plan next year with like Chris and Angie, and will look forward to staying in contact with like Dave and Leatha and so many more. We have gotten a number of emails already from TX and Alabama from folks we met. What a great time!, Oh, 11 nights isn't enough!

I guess the count down begins again...
    Bob, I couldn't agree more about how useful these message boards are. We had a great time without any surprises. We knew what to expect from the restaurants, the activities, the rooms and definitely the AN beach (especially for us first timers). We may also book April 2013 rather than march just to put some space between our yearly family trip in february and our "just us" trip to CN. Maybe we'll see you and Nancy again.
    Nick