Default question re payment

we booked and put a $400 deposit down, and understand that final payment is due 45 days prior to arrival. Does Couples email you and advise as to how to pay the remainder of the balance, or do you have to remember to call and have the payment put through on your CC?

Good question. For our upcoming trip I did not receive any e-mail from Couples regarding final payment at 45 days out. Since I knew the resort is booked full when we are going (next week, yeah!) and I didn't want any chance of a mix-up, I called Couples 44 days out to authorize credit card payment. I would have thought they would send an automatic e-mail at 45 days before arrival.

Previous trips were through travel agents, so this was my first time dealing directly with couples regarding payment.

I have always received an email reminder from them but have also always put it on my Outlook reminders just in case...

Amy

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerlyran View Post
    we booked and put a $400 deposit down, and understand that final payment is due 45 days prior to arrival. Does Couples email you and advise as to how to pay the remainder of the balance, or do you have to remember to call and have the payment put through on your CC?
    Hi Kerlyran! If I remember correctly, Couples automatically bills it to the credit card that you made your $400 deposit with and notifies you of it via e-mail.

Yes, we will charge your card at the designated time and send an email so advising you.

Couples Resorts

Thanks Randy. I will have to wait until I get there to see if we can upgrade to BFVS, right? I originally booked through a promotion ( 7th night, resort credit, trip insurance) we decided we would like to u
    Grade but were told in order to receive the benefits we had to stay with the GVS until we got there. How is occupancy in September ( generally)

Quote Originally Posted by Kerlyran View Post

Yes, we were notified by email that our card had been charged.

They sent an email at about 50 days out saying at 45 day mark they would charge my cc on file unless i called with alternate form payment.

We received an email advising us when our card would be charged. Then we went ahead and called the credit card co. to authorize.

We received an email notice about a week before the final payment is due (tomorrow for us) with a statement of our account listing the dates or our booking, extras, full price, deposit and balance due that will be charged to our credit card sometime this week.

Something for those waiting for the final payment: The credit card expiration for our card has passed between the time we made the booking last summer and the time our final payment is due. This is not unusual, at least not for us it seems. Couples will send us an email telling us that there was a problem with our credit card being denied or some such. No big deal. We will call the reservations office and take care of it over the phone. We have been through this before. The first time I kind of freaked out about it thinking we would lose our reservation. Not so. I am guessing that they are quite familiar with this situation and handle it with their usual "no problem mon" response.

Relax, they got this.

True to form. Our credit card was declined last night when the final balance payment was put through. Had to call Couples and our bank. I had to speak to the bank security folks about the charge as it was a large amount and the request was international in origin. Actually I'm glad my bank watches the account that closely. Got it all ironed out, called Couples back again and they put the charge through while I was on the phone with them. Got our verification of payment email a few minutes later. All is good, we are about six weeks away from a great vacation at CSA.

Can't wait to get back to the beach!

Thank you all for your help!!