Default How Couples became "Couples"

I knew part of the story but this is a fairly detailed history and pretty interesting. I would LOVE to see a Documentary made about Couples!!

www.jamaicajim.com/history.htm

That was such a great link you sent! I loved all the information. Its exactly what I've been looking for in the history of the place. I do wish they had a more updated version though. Love that it was a Canadian that designed the lion symbol! I'd love a book of the history and old brochure pictures/marketing/advertising. I guess I just like that sort of history of places. Thanks for sharing.!

We bought the book that Abe Issa's daughter wrote about him and the history behind Couples. Great information.
    Vicky

We had been going to the old COR for a number of years when we met Jackie and Susan. Two of Abe Issa's daughters. They were so interesting and easy to talk with. They told stories of when they were very young, they used to play croquet on the front lawn.
    Over the next few years, we ran in to them fairly often. They used to have a condo at the Sea Palms. It's about a mile from CTI towards Montego Bay. We got an autographed copy of the book. The entire family had quite a life.

I found this very interesting. I'm a travel agent and I knew about the Issa family and some of the other things mentione but not to this extent! Love learning more details about the history! Agreed, a documentary would be awesome!!!

It's an interesting piece, but in the full context of how Couples evolved to what we love today, it is woefully incomplete. I respect Mr. Jordan, because I read his blogs and message board for two years while we were researching just where we should go for our first Jamaican experience in the early '90's. Given that this piece is written in 2001, the missing linchpin in his presentation (even though it consists of a study done by someone else) is Mr. Lee Issa, who I personnally feel deserves most of the credit for the ultimate success of the Couples brand.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Glad you all are enjoying the link! Can you please tell me the title of the book? I would love to get it! Would be a great read as I am laying on the beach in August at CN & CSA ;-)

@Chris- You are completely correct. Lee Issa is the heart and sole of Couples. This is the very beginning of Couples. I had no idea John Issa had anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffin View Post
    Glad you all are enjoying the link! Can you please tell me the title of the book? I would love to get it! Would be a great read as I am laying on the beach in August at CN & CSA ;-)
    "Mr. Jamaica ABE ISSA" by Suzanne Issa . I believe it is out of print. Amazon has it for $195. CTI gift shop had at them last Dec. for around $50. It is a beautiful book!