Thread: Room keys??

Default Room keys??

Are the room keys actual keys, or are they cards?

I'm getting married at CSA and am in the process of making up OOT bags for guests. I want to do either a key chain, or a lanyard, depending on what type of key it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacie & Chris View Post
    Are the room keys actual keys, or are they cards?

I'm getting married at CSA and am in the process of making up OOT bags for guests. I want to do either a key chain, or a lanyard, depending on what type of key it is.
    I suppose I should add that we are staying in the old section (beach front suite), just in case the new and old sections are different.

Cards

Both sections use key cards now - used to love my key on its little springy wrist band :-(

All rooms at SweptAway now use card access. The cards are one piece with no "punchout" for a lanyard, unfortunately.

If I were to make one request of Couples SweptAway, it would be to for them to "lock-in-place" one of the verandah doors on the lower units in the old section BeachFront and Atrium Suites, and put the card access lock on the other door. Its such a pain to go to the back of the units to get to the "front" door. The front door of these units SHOULD be the verandah.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I believe all rooms now use the electronic key cards. A few years ago the older section still had "keys", but I think all have been updated now.

Your going to love CSA. Have a great trip!

Room keys at CSA are cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    All rooms at SweptAway now use card access. The cards are one piece with no "punchout" for a lanyard, unfortunately.

If I were to make one request of Couples SweptAway, it would be to for them to "lock-in-place" one of the verandah doors on the lower units in the old section BeachFront and Atrium Suites, and put the card access lock on the other door. Its such a pain to go to the back of the units to get to the "front" door. The front door of these units SHOULD be the verandah.
    I agree with you on this Chris. Although I know we probably shouldnt do this but we leave the verandah door unlocked when we are not there during the day. We are usually in and out throughout the day and it makes it so much easier. So the only time we have to walk around is after the ladies service our room becaues they always lock the verandah before they leave (which I am sure is probably a policy they need to follow).

Couples Ocho Rios 2005/2006
    CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

Last December we were in a first floor Atrium. They gave us the option of getting an actual key for the veranda doors. We had to agree to a deposit for the key. Really liked having that key.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff542 View Post
    Last December we were in a first floor Atrium. They gave us the option of getting an actual key for the veranda doors. We had to agree to a deposit for the key. Really liked having that key.
    That's fantastic - like Chris, we really miss not being able to come and go via the verandah doors. I'll be sure to ask for a key when we return home next February - yes, we're already booked!

Awe, that's too bad. I was hoping for keys. I found the cutest keychains with shells and starfish on them on Etsy.com. :-(

Is that the same at all Couples. We have been at Negril 3 times and swept away once and lost a number of keys on the springy wrist band. We will be at Negril again in July hope to have cards.

Spiff and Yookster -

Two years ago (in late May), we did the same... left the verandah door unlocked while we were out. But on the Friday of that week, as I left the room on the way back to the beach, I was stopped by the head of security, who politely instructed me to go back an lock the door.

I think that having access to a key for those doors is a fantastic idea, and well worth a deposit!... Thanks for that tip... I'll keep that in mind for our next visit this May!
    Chris

You can buy plastic card envelopes on lanyards that would be good to put the key cards in. (Key cards don't have holes in them for hooking a lanyard through.

Quote Originally Posted by knb View Post
    Is that the same at all Couples. We have been at Negril 3 times and swept away once and lost a number of keys on the springy wrist band. We will be at Negril again in July hope to have cards.
    We were at CN last year and they still had real keys.

CN still had room keys in February of this year. I like them.

We just got back from CSA, we were in the older units...the atrium suites. If you have a lower level with a back door you can walk out of, they will give you a real key on a little wrist band thingy (it will put 20 dollars on your bill but at the end of the stay when we gave it back, they took the 20 dollars off) Also, the only way we got it was because we asked for it when we got there.

Please post pictures from your wedding in a post after you go and tell all the amazing details of it! We just got back Monday...and my boyfriend and I decided that we will eventually go back to get married there

Emily (first timer)
    Couples 2012

embartlett91....

That is REALLY reassuring!... looks like SweptAway management has turned this one around... a lot of us folks who've been many times don't really care much for the keycard system... yes, its secure, but so is a key, if you use the damn thing!
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by embartlett91 View Post
    We just got back from CSA, we were in the older units...the atrium suites. If you have a lower level with a back door you can walk out of, they will give you a real key on a little wrist band thingy (it will put 20 dollars on your bill but at the end of the stay when we gave it back, they took the 20 dollars off) Also, the only way we got it was because we asked for it when we got there.

Please post pictures from your wedding in a post after you go and tell all the amazing details of it! We just got back Monday...and my boyfriend and I decided that we will eventually go back to get married there

Emily (first timer)
    Couples 2012
    Congrats!!

I will be sure to post pictures and a very thorough review. I've so loved the reviews written by previous brides on this board!!