Default css "Penthouse suite" worth upgrading

from a one bedroom beachfront,it my wife 50TH birthday and i would like to do it up right.Thanks for any input.

In one word- DEFINITELY!!!

ABSOLUTELY - The cost is not much more and the views and rooms are amazing. I suggest calling a few days before and mentioning its your wife's big day and asking to be put in Block D. Those have the best penthouse suites. We did that for my 50th birthday trip. We actually got upgraded to the Hibiscus Cottage - sweet.

We like the PH suites better
    They are bigger and the view is pretty awesome
    I like that they are in the middle: half way to the beach and half way to the spa/gym/Cassanova

John

My wife and I stayed in a Penthouse Suite last year for our anniversary and we loved it. I can't speak for the beachfront rooms but the Penthouse Suites are very nice. They have an AMAZING view of the beach, ocean, and lush gardens. The patios are covered with lounge chairs and a table and chairs. We would have room service deliver our breakfast and eat on our patio with the great views. The bathroom is very spacious with a huge walk-in shower. You also have a seperate sitting area room with a tv.
    I will say this though, there will be plenty of stairs involved going to and from your room. It was worth it for us, but some may not like all the stairs. I know the beachfront does not require you to climb any stairs. They are the closest to the beach also. I really don't think you will go wrong with any decision you make. CSS is a very beautiful resort. You will enjoy just walking around and taking in natures beauty.
    Congrats!

I'm thinking about CSS for my anniversary and I was wondering the same thing. I'm thinking the upgrade is worth it for a special occasion.

We are looking to book at CSS for September 2013 and was thinking of getting the One Bedroom Beachfront Suite but I think you have all changed my mind to do the Penthouse Sutie because the stairs is no concern for us. We would rather have a romatice room with great views from our patio. Sounds like it fits the style of our marriage just perefectly romantic and breath taking. I can't wait to get it booked and we don't even leave for 15 more days till our first trip to Couples where we will be visiting CTI. I think its safe to say were hooked already thanks to all you wonderful people on the message board with your raving reviews and stories.

Can anyone tell me exactly how many penthouse suites there are and more importantly where they are? Do they all have spectacular ocean views; for example, are they all on the ends of the buildings facing the ocean? Thanks for the help! Planning on booking 2013 and time's almost up! :-)

In our opinion, we wouldn't book the Penthouse Suite again unless we could be guaranteed one in D Block. We were at CSS last year and had a PH in E block. Those do not have walk-in showers, the bathroom was quite small, in fact it was smaller than the one we have at home and bedroom was in the back of the suite. Now, the verandahs are huge and have loungers and table & chairs, but they are not very private, we could see right into the verandah of the Penthouse next to ours. We loved CSS and will return again, but without the guarantee of a D block suite, we will not pay the extra money for the Penthouse. I believe all the pictures on this site are of one of the D Block penthouses. Good Luck, though, you'll still have an amazing time regardless of which room you choose!

randijean46,

Here's the location of the Penthouse suites:

C-08: Pavarotti (2 bedroom, 2 full baths)

D-20: Roger Moore (front left)
    D-21: Angela Bassette (front right)
    D-14: Steve McQueen (back left) (extra 1/2 bath)
    D-27: Harry Belafonte (back right) (extra 1/2 bath)
    D-13: Prime Minister (far back left) (extra 1/2 bath) (this is its own room category now)

E-09: ???
    E-10: Jacaranda
    E-11: Poinciana
    E-12: Frangipani

Also, here are a few links to a few old posts about the CSS Penthouse suites, w/ lots of descriptions.

http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...tes-Sans-Souci

http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...nthouse-at-CSS

My comments in those old posts are a bit outdated as the Prime Minister's suite is now its own room category. And, C block only has the one PH suite.

CSS is a gorgeous resort. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do -- this August will be our 7th time to the property !!

Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie & Mark View Post
    We are looking to book at CSS for September 2013 and was thinking of getting the One Bedroom Beachfront Suite but I think you have all changed my mind to do the Penthouse Sutie because the stairs is no concern for us. We would rather have a romatice room with great views from our patio. Sounds like it fits the style of our marriage just perefectly romantic and breath taking. I can't wait to get it booked and we don't even leave for 15 more days till our first trip to Couples where we will be visiting CTI. I think its safe to say were hooked already thanks to all you wonderful people on the message board with your raving reviews and stories.
    I had been going back and forth between the beachfront suite and the penthouse suite as well.. I think the cost difference is less than $200 for a week, BUT we do love to be close to the beach. We have the beachfront suite booked for CSA in May. The vibe of those looks different though. From the pictures, it looks like one block of the CSS beachfront suites is right in front of the pool....wouldn't be crazy about that.

S&J

I'm glad you mentioned the bathrooms. I thought the wording on the room description meant that not all had a jacuzzi tub AND walk-in shower in the PH suites. The BFs do though, if I'm reading it correctly.

Hi randijean46,
    We are totally addicted to CSS and the Penthouse Suites!!!!! Our 5th trip is scheduled for July 2012 and of course we booked another Penthouse! There are 11 Penthouses. The Penthouses are in Blocks C, D, and E. Block C has 1 PH and that's the Pavarotti Suite-it has a table with 4 chairs on the balcony and a double lounger. The view of the beach is obscured from all the trees and foliage and it is right next door to Palazzina so I'm sure it could be noisy in the morning during breakfast.

Block D has Penthouses with either a view of the Main Beach, Palazzina, and the Main Lawn or open ocean and the Mineral Pool. We have stayed in D14-the Steve McQueen Suite and its next door neighbor on the top of D, the Roger Moore Suite D-20. We liked D14 better because it was a bit more private. But be aware that there is only a lattice screen separating the 2 Penthouses so anyone on that level can walk around the screen. We never saw or heard our next door neighbors, so it wasn't a big deal for us.

The Penthouses in Block E are centrally located between the Main Beach and the Lobby. They have lovely views of the open ocean over the Mineral Pool and the Balloon Bar Terrace. They only have a half wall separating them so it you are admiring the view at the railing of your balcony, you can be seen by your next door neighbors and some of the D Block Penthouses. We stayed in E-12 the Frangipani Penthouse and it had an awesome view but we were right next door to the Balloon Bar and some evenings it could be a bit noisy, but we also had some great nights dancing to the band on our own private balcony. It was very romantic.

I used to worry about what Penthouse we would get, but now I'm resigned to the fact that whatever Penthouse we get, we will be home in paradise.

Have a great trip!
    suzyQ

Thanks everyone for all that information!! VERY helpful, and I think I'm ready to book! One week at CTI in an Ocean Junior Suite followed by a Penthouse Suite at CSS! We leave this coming Monday for CSS and a 1 Bedroom Beachfront Suite...love them! Yeah mon!! Can you tell that I'm excited?!!!!

I'm revisiting this thread since I'm booked in a penthouse suite in October.

Does anyone have a map of CSS that actually labels the buildings?
    CSA - May 2012
    CN - May 2013
    CSS - October 2013