Default Dining times at Couples Negril

Hello,
    We are booked at Couples Negril in July and I have a question for guests that have been there. When I look at the dining options, it looks like all the restaurants have specific times that they are open, only for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Nothing seems to be open all day. In fact, it looks like you can't get anything from 2pm until 6:30pm. I find this kind of odd for an all inclusive resort! When we are on vacation, we don't like to be on much of a schedule, so I 'm wondering if you have to eat at specific times? We are so excited to go to CN, and have read really great things about it! Question #2- When you go on the catamaran or glass bottom boat, are food or beverage available on either? Thanks for the help!

The beach grill is open during that time. Don't worry. You'll get plenty to eat and can do so pretty much whatever time you want.

On the catamaran there is rum punch but not food. You're not gone long enough to get all that hungry.

The Beach Grill is open all afternoon and has great jerk chicken plates, burgers, pizza, fish, salad bar, ice cream and lots more. We ate there just about every day and loved it.

Thanks for your help! We can't wait!!!

To add to that, the beach grill opens back up around 11 I think and is open until 5:00 am, so no worries there is plenty to eat and it is all good. Trust, I gain 10 pounds everytime I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimnmariann View Post
    The Beach Grill is open all afternoon and has great jerk chicken plates, burgers, pizza, fish, salad bar, ice cream and lots more. We ate there just about every day and loved it.
    Last year we got hooked on their daily soup......DELICIOUS !!!
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimnmariann View Post
    Does the Beach Grill (or any other restaurant at CN for that matter) ever serve curried goat or oxtail?

Like the others have said - The beach grill is open all afternoon with lots of choices .... A great place for lunch or a snack late afternoon to tide you over until dinner. It's also open again after 11:00 pm so you can eat all night if you want. Believe me, you won't go hungry & make sure to throw in some "fat pants" to wear on the trip home because chances are, what you wore over, ain't gonna fit going home & even if they do, they're gonna be tight. LOL
    Julie

Hi
    One comment that I heard several times and agreed with. Cooked breakfasts starting at 7.00a.m. would be a great idea. There's always a mad rush by golfers, divers and people going out for the day at 7.30/7.45.
    Ian and Vanda

bmorechick - They do have curried goat & oxtail sometimes .... normally at the buffet at the Cassava Terrace for dinner .... I'm not a fan so don't know exactly when, but do know they have it so no worries there if you're looking for it.
    Julie

As a diver I totally agree with Ian and Vanda. Also what is with lunch being served from 12:30pm-2:30pm. We have to be back at the dive shop at 1pm to do the afternoon dive so we never get to eat lunch at the buffet except the last day when we are not doing the afternoon dive.

The grill is good but gets boring after 5 days. Why can't lunch start at 11:30am or at least 12noon???
    Betty
    Couples Negril - September 2011, 2012, 2013 and have just booked 2014
    Scuba Club Cozumel - Jan, Apr & Nov 2012 and Jan & Nov 2013
    Cobalt Coast, Grand Cayman - May 2013
    Retiring & moving to Cozumel, Mexico in early 2014

Hi Betty In Toronto,
    Agreed - it's a shame to have to choose between diving and a nice meal. We are both divers (but we also met golfers who were disappointed to miss their cooked breakfasts).
    We are back at CN next month so maybe someone at Couples will read this and have a look at it. I will post if anything changes.
    The easiest solution for us divers is for the diving to be at 10.00 a.m. and 2.00p.m. instead of right in the middle of both meal times.
    (I hope this is taken as a positive suggestion, which is how it is meant )
    Ian and Vanda

Quote Originally Posted by bmorechick View Post
    Does the Beach Grill (or any other restaurant at CN for that matter) ever serve curried goat or oxtail?
    The Beach Grill does not have curried goat or oxtail. It's fast fried/grilled food and such, like burgers, fries, red snapper, jerk chicken, etc, as well as, nacho bar, fresh fruit, soup, and most importantly, PATTIES! Curried goat and/or oxtail is usually served at the international or Beach Party buffets. If you are wanting to try really good curried goat, and want to get off resort, take a 3min cab ride down the road to Cosmo's, a beach restaurant right by CSA. They're curried goat is one of their specialties and it is to die for. It's an open-air place that is great day or night. The ride is cheap, $5-$10, depending on the number of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxernie View Post
    bmorechick - They do have curried goat & oxtail sometimes .... normally at the buffet at the Cassava Terrace for dinner .... I'm not a fan so don't know exactly when, but do know they have it so no worries there if you're looking for it.
    This is good to know. I hope they offer it next week because I've been craving curried goat lately!

bmorechick .... I had to laugh because when we were in St. Lucia a few years ago, we hired a driver for an island tour for the day ..... We were going to stop for lunch & he ask where we would like to go & I told him someplace that he would normally take his wife for lunch BUT someplace where I could get something other than curried coat & oxtail .... He thought that was hilarious ...... He took us to the best place & it had those things but lots of other options ..... I've tried it & don't like it but glad it's an option at CN ..... I always look at it on the buffet & think "Naw - Tried it - Don't Like It", then go on by ....... LOL.
    Julie