Default We've updated our Wedding Packages - Let us know what you think.

Greetings to all:

As a result of your comments and suggestions, we have updated our wedding packages, including a Sunset Wedding!

Take a look at the packages and let me know you thoughts.

http://couples.com/wedding/packages.php

Couples Resorts

Hello Randy!

We had already signed a contract for the Maiden Cay Package for December. How does this work against these new packages the Sunset Package looks to have replaced the Maiden Cay since it is the same price, but has the Reception Dinner area, etc that we would LOVE to have! Are us grandfathered folks able to get this new benefit?

Wonderful!! If we have already booked our vow renewal do we get the new package or the old?

Default How will the package change affect us?

My fiance and I have already paid for our entire trip, and when we made the reservations, we understood the "One Love" package to include everything that was listed originally. He and I were looking forward to the couples massage and we've already reserved an outside photographer. Since we booked prior to the change, will we still receive the original package? Regardless, my fiance and I can't wait for our wedding at Couples Tower Isle!
    Last edited by Sydney; April 1st, 2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Changed question....

Makes me want to get married again. Some people will always find something to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    I've already paid for our entire trip, and when I made the reservations, I understood the "One Love" package to include everything that was listed originally. I am not happy about these changes! I was looking forward to the couples massage, the cute free shirts, the complementary Champagne flutes, and I've already reserved an outside photographer! Since I booked prior to the change, will I get the original package? The inclusions of the original "One Love" package were part of the reason my fiancé and I chose to marry at Couples in the first place!
    Ditto!!

From what I have seen, they've done changes to the wedding packages before, and the answer previously has been that if you'd booked prior to the changes, you would receive your original inclusions.

I would expect to have the original inclusions as well. Randymon, please correct or respond to our concerns.

Thanks,
    Melissa
    Melissa & Chris
    Married at CSA on 12/14/12 (12/110/12-12/20/12)
    Booked for CN 12/13/13-12/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    My fiance and I have already paid for our entire trip, and when we made the reservations, we understood the "One Love" package to include everything that was listed originally. He and I were looking forward to the couples massage and we've already reserved an outside photographer. Since we booked prior to the change, will we still receive the original package? Regardless, my fiance and I can't wait for our wedding at Couples Tower Isle!
    Ditto here too! Really looking forward to those massages and we already booked an outside photographer...
    Becky & Dave
    CSS July 2012 (Wedding @ CSS 7.18.12)
    CN July 2012

I'm curious to an answer to Sydney's question as well. I don't think she's complaining at all- when I booked my renewal ceremony it was one package and now it's different. I do like the 8 X 10 / photographer added. Disappointed about the t-shirts and massages gone.

We are hoping for the original package as well. That was part of our deciding factor as well!

I just got married at CTI on 3/22/12, and loved it!

My thoughts on the "one love" package...

The T-shirt's isn't a big loss. It literally was a white T-shirt with a font size of 10 saying "just married at couples". I thought it would have been nicer...and they didn't give us the correct sizes we asked for, so we have 2 HUGE t-shirts.

I was really bummed out about this... I didn't get the purple or white orchids like it promised, and like I verified when meeting with the wedding coordinator. Somehow, they were out. I got stuck with yellow roses, which I seriously hated. That was my biggest complaint. Considering they have a greenhouse full of orchids on the property, I thought that was ridiculous.

We LOVED the massages...that stinks they got rid of those. And we also really enjoyed having champagne for up to 10 people (we had 8 people total at our wedding).

I never heard the MP3 player they used....either it is really quiet, or somehow I blocked it out. It'll be interesting to go back and watch and DVD our friends recorded for us to see if you can actually hear it.

We brought our friends/professional photographers with us to take pictures...and SO happy we paid their way! It was worth it to have amazing pictures! I'm glad they added a free hour of photography for those who couldn't afford it.

Just a heads up to anyone getting married at CTI...you can't have the sunset in the background of your pictures...the resort doesn't face that direction. Just wanted to let you know..I almost paid the $500 to have it, and really glad I didn't considering you can barely see the sunset on the resort!

Quote Originally Posted by beckyanddave View Post
    Ditto here too! Really looking forward to those massages and we already booked an outside photographer...
    Agreed! I'm spending a lot of money on an outside photographer and will get 100s of pictures. I want my massage (and the t-shirts, champagne flutes).

I emailed the wedding planner and here's the response:

You will receive the original package as you reserved before the change.

Regards,

Sharon

Good news! Everyone (including me) can relax now. lol

Thanks for sharing Stacie, I was really concerned about what to expect since we had already paid for the original package. We already hired a photographer, so I too wanted to keep the massage

Default good news indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Stacie & Chris View Post
    I emailed the wedding planner and here's the response:

You will receive the original package as you reserved before the change.

Regards,

Sharon

Good news! Everyone (including me) can relax now. lol
    Thank you!!! We too were concerned.

MW

Dear Stacie and Chris,

Thank you for taking the initiative and emailing Sharon! We've bugged her so much already that we didn't want to ask any more of her time, but it sure is a relief to know that we will get what we really wanted! Yey!

Sincerely,
    Sydney and Justin