Thread: just checking

Default just checking

This may be a silly question but we are on a budget and ever penny counts. The $250 we have to put down for our vow renewal is that then applied to the wedding package? Example you pay $250 to reserve the date and want to have the package that cost $750 so you only owe $500.

I'm not positive, but I think the $250 is to get the paperwork in order. Marriage license, etc.

I sent an email. The 250 is an administrative fee. Well at least I found out early.

The money is for the license and government fees.

Vow renewals have no legal significance and are not regulated, so there would be no license or other government fee.

From the weddings and vow renewals page: "Wedding ceremonies are subject to a mandatory processing, government licensing and administration fee of $250; this fee is not included in the price of the wedding packages. Vow renewals are NOT subject to a mandatory processing, government licensing and administration fee."
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Thank, With the new packages I was rereading everything and was confused about the $250 one pays when booking their wedding. Its not the government fee stuff but niether does it pay for any of the wedding. Its just the non refundable booking fee. Its all good found out early enough to fix the budget.

So red, it IS $500 for a vow renewal?! I was wondering the same thing when I was reading the updated wedding/renewal info - I totally didn't realize we'd be paying another $250 once we got down there. I'm glad you asked, and thanks to those who answered!

Not to worry you cindyftw, but the 250 for one love package is due 30 days before. So much for using resort credits.

Howdy Girls,
    I'm not sure where the confusion is...I read the vow renewal page to say that there is only one $250 fee. This is for a basic vow renewal only. Are you choosing to upgrade the vow renewal? In that case I don't know if the original $250 applies to the total balance of the upgrade... (I'm doing a basic vow renewal in July, I have not been informed of any additional fee over the $250 we paid up front)

copied from couples wedding package page:

A non-refundable $250 fee is required for all wedding and vow renewal reservations. Payments must be made by secure credit card transaction..

If you are renewing your vows you will still have to pay for the wedding package and you need to pay 30 days before. I wasnt informed either and didnt see the above when booking, so sent and email and asked if the $250 will be applied toward wedding package. The answer I received was the $250 used to make the reservation is a reservation fee and not applied toward wedding packages. SO, A basic Vow Renewal with no upgrades will cost $500.

you can find the information about the $250 by clicking on the Terms and Conditions found under the wedding packages details.

Yep...I think it is very difficult to see the total amount...but it looks like my vow renewal will cost a total of $500 ($250 reservation fee + $250 package fee).

A basic wedding would also cost $500 if you are staying over 6 nights ($250 reservation fee + $250 government fee). A wedding with a stay less than 6 nights will cost $1,000 ($250 reservation fee + $250 government fee + $500 package fee)

It would be VERY nice to have this little breakdown and total printed clearly on each package!

Not that it changes my plans any....lol

Thanks for paying attention to detail, ladies! Apparently, I need some help in that department. ;-) Still doesn't change our plans either though!

Quote Originally Posted by pugetpollards View Post
    Yep...I think it is very difficult to see the total amount...but it looks like my vow renewal will cost a total of $500 ($250 reservation fee + $250 package fee).

A basic wedding would also cost $500 if you are staying over 6 nights ($250 reservation fee + $250 government fee). A wedding with a stay less than 6 nights will cost $1,000 ($250 reservation fee + $250 government fee + $500 package fee)

It would be VERY nice to have this little breakdown and total printed clearly on each package!

Not that it changes my plans any....lol
    The wedding part is incorrect. I just emailed Sharon and this was her response:

"The $250 you paid online is for the Jamaican government and license fees. If you are staying 6 nights or more the One Love wedding package is free with nothing else to pay at resort. If you do not stay 6 nights then the One love wedding is now $500 and is payable at the resort."

So for everyone who is getting married (not the vow renewal) DON'T FREAK OUT reading this thred! It's just the $250 if you are doing the One Love and staying more then 6 nights!!
    Becky & Dave
    CSS July 2012 (Wedding @ CSS 7.18.12)
    CN July 2012

Doesn't change ours either!!! It would be nice if the total price was a little clearer but its all good.

Quote Originally Posted by pugetpollards View Post

I'm not sure where you are getting this...

[B]"A non-refundable $250 fee (for administration, processing, government license and marriage certificate) is required for a wedding time reservation and $250 fee for renewal of vows. Payment will be made by secure credit card payment. Visa, MasterCard and American Express only."

"Please note that if the minimum 6 night stay requirement is not met for the free wedding, you will be required to settle payment of an additional $250 on property before the ceremony will be allowed to take place."

That means $250 in fees (if staying 6+ nights) and the wedding is free. It's only $500 for a wedding if you are staying less than 6 nights.
    CSA - May 2012
    CN - May 2013
    CSS - October 2013

I know this post was originally asking about vow renewal fees, but I thought I would clarify on the wedding fee since prices were posted for both. I just returned yesterday and was married at Swept Away. We paid the $250 government fee and that is all that we paid other than upgrades. I wasn't charged a reservation fee when we reserved the wedding in October 2011, so unless this has changed since then, weddings don't require the $250 reservation fee. Hope this helps! To anyone thinking of getting married or renewing vows there, I would say just do it! You won't regret it a bit!

Ooops
    Last edited by redinthehead; May 3rd, 2012 at 04:05 PM.

I just sent Sharon an email asking her how to pay for the wedding package and she answered me back that I only have to pay $500 for tropical package, because we have already paid the $250. Miscomunication. I now have extra money to spend!!!! CSA 88 days and counting!!
    Last edited by redinthehead; May 3rd, 2012 at 04:10 PM.

[QUOTE=Stacie & Chris;175712]I'm not sure where you are getting this...

Lol ladies, this is all so confusing....mixing fees with packages, and marriage ceremonies with renewals. I didn't mean to muddy the waters further.

Bottom line - please email your resort if you have any question about the fees due for your own particular ceremony.

And personally, I don't care $250 either way...I have decided to have a vow renewal at CSA, and no price would stop me!