Hybrid View

Default Red Stripe at CSA

Does anyone know why there is no Red Stripe available at CSA?

Seems almost ludicrous that they do not provide Jamaica's most well know beer to guests.

Is it possible to request it?

Red Stripe and Red Stripe Light on Tap, at every bar I was at, even at the Hospitality Room at the airport.

The only place that didn't have it was in the Mini-bar in our room. Every other place had it on Tap

I wonder if the new Red Stripe Bold will be added at the resorts. Red Stripe just released this new product not too long ago.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

CSA had it when we were there a few days ago!

Where did you hear that?

My boyfriend drank it allll the time.

PS.
    There was a mini bar in our room? Where?

Quote Originally Posted by isoldes23 View Post
    CSA had it when we were there a few days ago!

Where did you hear that?

My boyfriend drank it allll the time.

PS.
    There was a mini bar in our room? Where?
    Not all rooms have them. The Verandah Suites have it right under the TV (at least ours did), and I think Beach Front Suites have mini bars also but I'm not sure where.

There is always Red Stripe available at CSA. If you were there in 2007 in a OVS you had a mini-bar that may have been stocked with Carib or similar...but the bars all serve Red Stripe. If you want it in your fridge, you can always buy it across the street at the mini-mart.

TV, Mini Bar, we stayed in the Atrium Suite and had neither, and I was never thirsty, or bored enough to have to watch reruns of Magnum PI, that is why there is 93 days until we are back at the Atrium Suite. Everything is spelled out right on the site you are looking at right now as to what and when and where (for the most part)...93 Days 'til Rum Cream All I Want...

What other types of beer do they serve????

Our minibar in the room stocked "Carib" beer, however, Red Stripe is available at some of the bars.

While I understand why, I find it unsettling that you can't get a bottle of RS at SweptAway, except at Feathers (can you get it in your minibar?)... People being people, we'd have broken glass all over the place.

But then, there's always Barry's if you absolutely HAVE to have one!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I assume you mean RS in the bottle. In the past we have found it at the martini bar & Feathers but it was never cold so we just stick to draft.

There is PLENTY of Red Stripe available everywhere at CSA except the mini-bars in the rooms. Maybe it will eventually make its way there because if you check out their website, it now comes in cans !!!
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

Canned RS is made in CANada.. The taste is about the same, subtle differences due to water i'm sure but otherwise drinkable. While I love the idea of the can because it is better for the environment something about an ice cold RS out of that stubby little bottle just makes me happy.

Plus it seems kind of wrong to ship it back to Jamaica.

Yes Red Stripe has been available in cans since early May... in the US market. It is brewed and canned by Moulson in Canada, so I would not expect to see cans in Jamaica anytime soon, although stranger things have happened. Someone, for example, has to explain "Yardee" beer...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I have always read here that you can request specific items that you want or don't want in your mini bar once you arrive. Is it possible to request Red Stripe in your mini bar?

A few years ago at CN when mini bars were only located in beachfront and the suites, they gave you Red Stripe in the bottle in the mini bars. We loved it! We enjoyed them sitting on our porch every day but since mini bars are now in every room at CN they only give you Caribe beer. There is a checklist for you to fill out every day and Red Stripe is not an option. I think it would be a great thing for them to do. Bring back Red Stripe in the bottle.

You can certainly request it, I have heard where people have gotten it..

Worst they can say is no, and the Caribe is not bad for the walk to the bar for a Red Stripe ;-)

I guess the requests depend on who is stocking.... When we were there last week, I requested different or additional items such as more regular Pepsi than diet, more Ting, and possibly Miller Lite instead of Carib. I didn't figure they would replace the beer, but I had also read about requesting other items. No luck for me though..... Things were kept the same.
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

I should have clarified...I meant not available in the minibars...sorry for the confusion, but I'll make due just being there.

I believe Caribe is a cost cutting measure
    which is too bad for us beer drinkers who dont drink
    the premium liquor