Hybrid View

Default Packing list for the Guys??

Hello all! My hubby and I are headed to CTI in a 31 short days and I am just wondering if ya'll have any suggestions on what to pack for the men? We plan on being in our suits the majority of the time because we are beach bums. I know that the guys have a bit more restrictions as far as clothing for the nicer restaurants. Any suggestions??? We will be checking one bag and carrying on 2. Thanks!

You will need to bring a pair of closed toe (not sandals or sneakers) shoes and a few collared shirts and slacks to wear to the fancier restaurants. I dress for dinner each night except for the beach party when nice shorts and sandals work best. When I stay for a week I take 3-4 slacks, 4-5 tropical shirts (you could mix in a golf shirt or two), and my shoes. Figure on the fact you do sweat in the heat and may spill something here and there. Remember that after the sun goes down and the beach clears you move into a 4-5 star resort.

I usually take at least 4 bathing suits (yes, you will live in them during the day) as things do take longer to dry and I have found that the newer synthetic wicker type t-shirts work well for the day as they do not get weighed down by sweat, sunscreen, and moisture. I usually take one for each day. I like to feel clean. Have your flip flops or sandals to get around in when you leave the beach. A couple pair of shorts are handy if you leave the resort or for the more casual evening dinner. Don't take jeans as they are much too hot for the weather there. If you wear them on the flight they will not be worn again until you change to fly back home.

I also pack a pair of shorts and flip flops in my carry on to change into at the Couples Lounge bathroom before the long ride to the resort. Also, have your sunglasses in your carry on for the ride as well.

When I went for a week, I packed the following for clothing:
    One tshirt per day (for beach)
    One casual tshirt per day (for other activites)
    One nicer shirt per day (for eating)
    5 pair of shorts
    3 pair of dress pants/kakhis
    1 pair of jeans
    Two bathing suits
    Flip flops/Sandals
    Sneakers (fitness/horseback/shopping)
    Dressier shoes (for dinners)
    No tie or jackets
    Socks - 1 per nite for dinner, athletic socks - 3 for workouts (only worked out twice though)
    underwear - 1 per day

Turns out I didn't need any of the casual tshirts, didn't wear socks except to and from (wore boat shoes), only needed 2 pair slacks (one worn down, one back, so only one in suitcase). Jeans used for horseback riding only. Only wore shorts twice. Only wore nice dress shirts for 2 hrs in the evening and could have worn each a few time.

We ended up on the island or beach from 9-5, used beach tshirts on excursions and only wore shorts for excursions. Point is, don't overpack and don't go nuts on bringing nice clothes. Unless you get some stains on the pants, you're only in them for an hour or two, so wear them a few times for dinner. You will be in your bathing suits most of the time. Even in the evenings, we ended up in the hot tubs or pools. Come to think of it, even bringing 7 pair of underwear seemed excessive, since I only wore them for an hour or two.

Quote Originally Posted by ct ti fan View Post
    When I went for a week, I packed the following for clothing:
    One tshirt per day (for beach)
    One casual tshirt per day (for other activites)
    One nicer shirt per day (for eating)
    5 pair of shorts
    3 pair of dress pants/kakhis
    1 pair of jeans
    Two bathing suits
    Flip flops/Sandals
    Sneakers (fitness/horseback/shopping)
    Dressier shoes (for dinners)
    No tie or jackets
    Socks - 1 per nite for dinner, athletic socks - 3 for workouts (only worked out twice though)
    underwear - 1 per day
    This is helpful, but wondering what is the difference between a t-shirt and a casual t-shirt, they seem synonymous to me.

I was hunting around for closed toe shoes, this stumped me, finally found some driving mocs, which look a little to much like slippers but should fit the bill. Lightweight and can be worn without socks.

We are going for five days, I'll pack two pairs of pants (wear one one the plane, three shorts, three bathing suits, five or six print shirts for dinner and wearing around resort during the day, workout clothes. I'll wear my running shoes on the plane, carry flip flops and mocs.

Good tip to bring shorts in carry on to change at lounge.

Name:  sperry shoe.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  5.9 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by thadeus View Post
    This is helpful, but wondering what is the difference between a t-shirt and a casual t-shirt, they seem synonymous to me.

I was hunting around for closed toe shoes, this stumped me, finally found some driving mocs, which look a little to much like slippers but should fit the bill. Lightweight and can be worn without socks.

We are going for five days, I'll pack two pairs of pants (wear one one the plane, three shorts, three bathing suits, five or six print shirts for dinner and wearing around resort during the day, workout clothes. I'll wear my running shoes on the plane, carry flip flops and mocs.

Good tip to bring shorts in carry on to change at lounge.
    Thad, I will attempt to post a picture here of the shoes I chose, these are great for wearing the the restaurants and I even use them in my business dress routine year round. I always have my sandals, a change of clothes, swimsuit, and any prescriptions in my backpack carry on. We arrive at CSA in 8 days at 11:00 am and know our room will not be available until after 3:00 pm so we arrive prepared to get the party started

Quote Originally Posted by thadeus View Post
    One is for the beach, usually white, faded or otherwise good for getting into the salt water. The other is newer, brighter, in other words, won't embarrass the wife!

Default Packing list...

Quote Originally Posted by sarahlishy View Post
    Hello all! My hubby and I are headed to CTI in a 31 short days and I am just wondering if ya'll have any suggestions on what to pack for the men? We plan on being in our suits the majority of the time because we are beach bums. I know that the guys have a bit more restrictions as far as clothing for the nicer restaurants. Any suggestions??? We will be checking one bag and carrying on 2. Thanks!
    Well this is usually what my list looks like

During the day on the beach
    T-Shirts (light colored) or tank tops
    Swim trunks
    Flip flops, sandals or swim shoes
    Sunglasses (absolute must)
    Shorts (if you plan on doing an excursion. A pair of sneakers would be advisable as well.)

Evening/Nighttime:
    Short sleeve dress shirts and/or polo style shirts
    Khakis
    Some sort of boat shoes, dressy/stylish sneaker and loafers

That's all you really need. The only restaurants that have a dress code are the fine dining restaurants. So just plan accordingly and have fun!!!

Hope I could be of assistance :-)

Usually I bring more than one swimsuit so they can be changed out and allowed to dry between uses (typically this is all I wear during the day). Also print t-shirts/muscle shirts to use around the resort. Since dinner is a little nicer I bring a few nice shorts and a couple pair of dress slacks. Tropical shirts are good for dinner as they're cool and comfortable for any place you dine while meeting the requirement for those restaurants that require a collar. As for shoes...beach sandals for during the day and dressier sandals and a pair of closed toe shoes for dinners. The length of stay will determine how much of each item is needed. Hope this suggestion helps.

Bart

Don't forget the jorts.

One pair gym shorts, one pair nice (white) shorts
    Swim suites 3-4, mesh cut out
    A nice Caribbean shirt per night. I wear it the next day to beach
    One extra pair of slacks. Wear another pair on plane
    wear one pair of socks on plane
    Water shoes
    crock flip flops
    Wear boat shoes on plane
    Extra pair of reading glasses and sun glasses
    short legged briefs to keep the rash down
    20 oz bubba keg to get double drinks and keep them cold
    A fold up mesh float with blow up ring ($15 at wally world)
    sun screen
    kindle
    phone for calls in airport when we get home; never use them in Jamaica
    Net book for downloading pics each night
    bug spay
    big smile worn on plane
    One hanky to soak up tears on trip home, baybe two

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by worldtex View Post
    Swim suites 3-4, mesh cut out

Frank
    Frank - is a "swim suite" bigger than a standard swim suit and what upgrades are included? Also, why do you cut out the mesh and what days you're going to be wearing them.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Quote Originally Posted by fawnridge View Post
    Frank - is a "swim suite" bigger than a standard swim suit and what upgrades are included? Also, why do you cut out the mesh and what days you're going to be wearing them.
    If you saw me you'd understand. Lol. I cut the mesh out because it keeps the inside thigh rash that guys with big legs like me get. I use the short leg briefs to keep your eyes from wandering.

The only thing I bring multiples of are swim trunks. Our first trip I only brought two pair of trunks, not enough in my opinion. I now bring four or five pair so I am sure to have a dry pair in the morning. I hate putting on a wet pair of trunks in the morning.

I bring one or two Hawaiian print shirts plus a couple polo shirts for evenings. Four or five tee shirts for the beach and the gym. I wear yesterdays beach shirt to the gym when I go to work out, polo shirts are my back up if I run out of tees before the end of the week. I take one pair of long pants, one pair of boat shoes for evenings and dressing up for Feathers. For most evenings I bring a couple pair of nice shorts, no cargos or cut offs. As far as colors, I let mrs. dirtleg coordinate that for me before we leave. I do wear a comfortable pair of cargo shorts for the trip down and back. They sit in the suitcase while we are there.

I also bring an older pair of running shoes or a decent pair of water shoes for walking or running the beach. A pair of shorty socks (for working out), a couple pair of underwear, a pair of gym shorts and a couple of hats, sunglasses and some funky sandals.

That's about it. All my gear fits in one suit case, including cameras and electronics.

Have a great trip!

It is hot in Jamaica, so a lot depends on whether your hubby is a sweater or not
    I get really hot during the day
    I also get hot at dinner because we love to sit outdoors at the restaurants at CSS (would be the same at Bayside at CTI)

So, I bring 2 pairs of slacks for dinner. They are the light weight summer linen type. I alternate them
    I bring a resort button shirt for each day. I buy them at Kohls in the fall when they are on clearance for cheap.
    I will sometimes wear them the next day when we go to the beach. But after 2 hours at dinner and a couple of hours at Showtime or the bar after, they are usually done for.
    I bring 4 or 5 pairs of socks for the gym but we work out every day
    I bring 4 or 5 light weight UA type work out shirts. Even with AC the gym gets humid and warm
    The first few time I brought boxers for every day but I don't do that anymore
    I think probably one for every other day is fine

Also my wife does not bring a lot of bras as she finds that she doesn't wear them as much with resort wear.

Hope this is helpful

JED

In the chaos of our wedding, for our first trip to Couples Negril, I forgot an entire suitcase. (Hung over and sleep deprived is no way to head for the airport) So I got to our room and discovered I had shorts, socks, the Grateful Dead T-shirt (Boston 91, BABY!) I had on, and that's about it. Oh and my ipod and frisbee. So...I went shopping. It would be hard to do more poorly than that.

This is a guide that we use. CSS 10 May

TRAVEL CHECK LIST CHECK
    AQUA SHOES EACH FOR DUNNS RIVER FALLS AND BEACH
    BATHING SUITS WILL NEED FOR DUNNS RIVER FALLS
    BEACH BAG A MUST
    CAMERA/CHARGER
    CASUAL SHORTS
    COUPLES PACKET
    DRESSES
    GLASSES/CONTACTS/ SOLUTION
    HATS Baseball or Sun hat
    ITENERERY
    LAP TOP/CHARGER
    LONG PANTS
    MAKE UP BAG
    MEDICINE
    MONEY US $ WORK WELL IN JAMAICA
    PASSPORTS MAKE COPY AND PLACE IN EACH BAG LEAVE A COPY WITH FRIEND
    PENS TO FILL OUT IMIGRATION FORMS
    PHONE/CHARGER
    REGULAR SHOES
    HAIR ROLLERS FOR WIFE
    SANDLES
    SHAVING KIT/RAZER
    SHIRTS
    SHORTS
    SNACKS FOR WHILE ON THE PLANE
    SOCKS
    SUN GLASSES
    SUN TAN LOTION
    UNDERWEAR UP TO YOU
    ZIP LOCK BAGS A MUST AT CUSTOMS

Thanks mick this is what I bought, if it copies in.
    Name:  moc.gif
Views: 557
Size:  43 Bytes

Cutting the mesh out of the swim suits has to be the best tip yet, sitting on that mesh for ours even on an lounger could get painful.

One other thing - if you want to go to the gym you must have sneakers/gym shoes regardless of what you plan to do.