Default CSA - Topless Sunbathing

So, I'm doing as much research as I can on the resort, as my fiance and I will be spending our honeymoon there in July. I was reading the FAQ's and see that topless sunbathing is allowed on the main beach at CSA.

Can anyone tell me if I should expect to see much of this? I have absolutely nothing against those that enjoy it, or nude sunbathing for that matter. But I am a plus sized woman and, as much as I know my man loves me just like I am, I would REALLY like to be the only woman he sees naked on our honeymoon!

Also, I could have sworn that I saw pricing for the non-inclusive island excursions (like zipline, horseback, etc) somewhere on the sight and now I can't find it. Can anyone direct me?

There might be a few topless women, but not the majority. Its a big beach if it bothers you, you can always move or you could go topless too!!! Best wishes and congratulation.

Re Topless sunbathing: it all depends on how many Europeans are there at the same time as you, since topless sunbathing is quite normal in Europe . You will not, however, see anyone naked.

We've been to CSA twice and only seen a few women topless - most I didn't even notice. No worries!

Here is a list of non-inclusive excursions I received from the resort in Feb of this year. I hope this helps

Prestige Leasing & Tours Tour Rep: Jackie ext: 5325

OPTIONAL TOURS IN & OUT OF NEGRIL

DOLPHINS COVE NEGRIL

It’s new!!! It’s exciting and it is only 45 minutes away!!!!!!!

Swim with Dolphin kiss / foot push / dorsal pull and dance ………………….US$175.00pp

Encounter with Guest swim with one dolphin they can dance and be kissed and caress by a

Dolphin………………………………………………………………………….US$105.00pp

Touch – guest can make friends, touch and have a close up experience with the dolphins…………………………………………………………………………...US$60.00pp

Admission…………………………………………………………………………US$35.00pp

BLACK RIVER SAFARI & Y.S FALLS TOUR

Experience the trip of a life time! Take an adventurous boat ride amidst rare plants and wild life down the Black River, Jamaica’s longest navigatable river. Then off to the spectacular YS Falls to take a plunge in the cool waters or be like Tarzan and do a rope swing.

Sun, Tues & Thurs ……………………………………………. US$90.00pp

With Appleton Estate Rum Tour ….Tues, Thurs, Sat ………………………US$110.00pp

MAYFIELD FALLS-Mineral Springs

Yeh Mon! get away from it all: journey through rural towns and villages to one of the best waterscapes in Jamaica, complete with Bamboo Village. Relax in the stress relieving waterfalls or pamper yourself in one of the over 20 natural Jacuzzis. A nature lover’s paradise. A must do!!!

Sun, Mon, Wed & Sat……………………………………….US$85.00pp

OCHO RIOS COMBO (Rafting/ Dunn’s River Fall)

An unforgettable way to spend the day, glide gentle through 3 miles tropical splendor on a 30ft. bamboo raft, take a turn on Tarzan’s swing and enjoy a dip in the water, then it’s off to world renown romantic, picturesque, waterfalls the 600ft. Dunns River. Join the fun and climb to the top.

Mon, Wed & Fri ……………………………US$140.00pp

Rafting only ………………………………..US$100.00pp

Dunn’s River only………………………….US$110.00pp

DUNN’S RIVER/DOLPHIN COVE

Swim with – Dolphin kiss / foot push / dorsal pull and dance……………………US$320.00pp

Encounter swim – guest swim with one dolphin they can dance and be kissed and caress by a dolphin…………………………………………………………………………….US$250.00pp

Touch – guest can make friends, touch and have a close up experience with the dolphins…………………………………………………………………………...US$185.00pp

CANOPY ZIPLINE GLIDING TOUR

Start in the heart of the jungle: take a look at the wild side over the great River that separates the two parishes. Travel across unique traverses with intermittent nature walks through the amazing rainforest, river cannon and mountains demonstrating the diversity of Jamaica’s landscape and history. The highlight of the tour, “inter-parish express” carries you at over 35mph and across 360 meters. The experience of gliding silently through a tunnel of tree leaves and branches (The Canopy) is the closest thing you will ever experience being a jungle bird. A Natural High!!!!!

Daily……………………………………………………………………………US$100.00pp

ULTIMATE KAYAK

Your tour starts as you ride the currents of your two miles course down the great river through the first rapids and disembark on a bamboo lined riverbank. You take a short hike to the launching pad to the first of the three traverses that takes you flying over 150ft through the forest canopy. The excitement continues as you paddle your way to the swing rope where you test your Tarzan skills or simply take a swim in the refreshing water before tackling the final cascades.

Daily………………………………………………………………………………US$140.00pp

RHODES HALL HORSE BACK RIDING

Takes you deep in the interior, where you will find a wide variety of assorted fruit trees. Travel through the beautiful bamboo grove, along a trail in the mountains, here you may pick seasonal fruits. On your return visit the ponds, one mile of beach inclusive of bird and crocodile watching by the lake then wade along the shores of the Rhodes Mineral Bay………US$90.00pp

HORSEBACK RIDE N’ SWIM

More than a ride….Don’t miss this spectacular Mountains to the Sea Adventure. Ride through the beautiful Blue Hole Estate, through the lush evergreen mountains to the picturesque coastline. Travel through time as you pass the magnificent ruins of a 1700’s Sugar Estate. Feel the sensation of these magnificent creatures as they demonstrate their power while carry you through the warm Caribbean Sea. A true Jamaican Experience (except Wednesdays)……………………………US$85.00pp

RIDE THE WAVES- HORSE BACK RIDING

Enjoy a 900 acre farm tour on horseback where you’ll see amazing Ostriches, enjoy feeding peacocks, pheasants rooster & ducks & wild life birds. Ride through hundreds of 70ft tall black olive trees that forms an orchard on both sides of the trail. The climax of the trip is the beach ride, then go into the water to ride the waves.

Daily…………………………………………………………………………..US$75.00pp

INTERNATIONAL AIRLINK

Why drive when you can fly? Safe comfortable and reliable service. Schedule Airport transfers

Daily …………….…………………………. US$75.00pp (add.US$8 airport fee and tax)

(Inquire more about Charters and Sight Seeing)

4 x 4 JEEP SAFARI

Witness the unseen beauty that makes Jamaica unique in a rugged 4x4 Land Rover. Experience the flavor of the local cultural whilst surround by the spectacular views. Stop at a former slave hospital converted into a church in 1846 and see the ruins of sugar factory dating back to 1700’s. Pause for breath at a river where you can take a refreshing dip and cool off.

Daily ……………………………………………………………………….US$90.00pp

JAMAICA ZIPLINE ADVENTURE TOURS

Your adventure starts with a wild 6x6 off-road safari. The excitement continues as you zip through the Jamaican rainforest on the longest and most thrilling zipline around. On your feet again, you’ll cross the 250 ft jungle bridge. (Unique to the tour) Taste Jamaican delight grown in the garden.

Don’t miss 1600 ft Big Timba the longest zipline in the Caribbean!!!!!.................. US$ 110.00 pp

ATV SAFARI

Journey through the rugged dirt trails on easy handle 4 wheel bike, go up to 2,200feet above sea level and explore the unique mountains terrain. Ride through rural communities and see how the locals live. Daily…………………………………………………………………….US$105.00pp

RICK’S CAFΙ

Negril’s premier gathering spot for sunset and cliff jumping. Live Reggae music 365 days a year…rain or sunshine If you haven’t been to Rick’s you haven’t been to Jamaica!

Daily………………………………..4:00p.m…………………………..US$15.00pp

Shopping and Rick’s Cafι’ only……3:00p.m…………………………..US$20.00pp

NEGRIL HILITE

Get to know the town you spend your vacation, first go shopping (duty free, Arts & Craft). Then go through the country side to Negril lighthouse then off to Rick Cafι’ to watch the sunset and cliff diving. Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat…………………………………………………….US$30.00pp

OPTIONAL TOURS

Mystic Mountains…………………………………………………………….US$215.00pp

Rastafari Village……………………………………………………………...US$95.00pp

Deep Sea Fishing………………………………………………………….….US$150.00pp

River Kayak Safari……………………………………………………………US$80.00pp

River Tubing……………………………………………………………….…US$85.00pp

Canopy Zipline Combo…………………………………………………….…US$185.00pp

Caliche White Water Rafting…………………………………………………US$100/110.00pp

Ride N’ Swim Combo…………………………………………………….…..US$165.00/190.00pp

Jam-X Dune Buggy/Chukka Dune Buggy……………………………………US$80.00pp

COMPLIMENTARY!!!!!!!!

Catamaran Cruise – Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri & Sat @ 3:30 p.m. RSVP (limited space)

The Sands Shuttle – Wed, Thurs & Sat. @ 5:00 p.m. RSVP

Margarittaville Shuttle – Wednesday @ 5:15p.m RSVP

Unlimited Golf (18 holes green fees and round trip transfer)

Bus departs G/H lobby @ 8:05 a.m. & 1:05 p.m.

FREE SHOPPING SHUTTLES

Mon & Fri - 2 p.m -2hrs/ Wed & Sat -10 a.m -2 hrs

Yes, topless sunbathing is permitted on the beach and you will see it. Topless sunbathing is NOT naked... it's perfectly acceptable and honestly you won't even notice unless you really looking. It's just laying on the lounger with your bikini top off... it depends on the clientele at the time you are there as to how many sunbathe topless... think about trying it yourself... you might enjoy it and I guarantee your fiance' will!

I got my courage up during our first CSA visit, when the lady a few feet from us removed her top. I told my hubby I wanted to try that and the lady heard me and said go for it-you can always pull your top back up. So I did and it was fantastic. Just laying there in the sun like that is so wonderful. I told the nice lady I appreciated her encouragement and she laughed with me. And by the way, my hubby LOVED it.. .it's like our little travel secret just between us because I'd never do something like that at home, so it's fun to let go of inhibitions once in a while... you're in another country so try it, I don't think you'll regret it.

There may be a couple of women going topless while sunning themselves but the vast majority do not. It is a long beach and easy to relocate if that is a problem.

The Couples site does not have a pricing guide for off site excursions but try this link to see if it helps you. My email service is aol so I am not sure if it works for others.
    http://mail.aol.com/35834-111/aol-6/..._PRICING1.docx .

There are no price lists here for off resort excursions. It is against the board policy. You can do a google search though.
    Vicky

Hi MrsSechrist2b and welcome to the Couples family,
    We've been to Swept Away twice, both times in December when it's near full capacity and I can count the total amount of women we've seen topless on one hand. They did not flaunt the fact that they were topless. The women were on their lounger at the beach and always put their tops on when they got up. There will be no bouncing beauties to worry about so you can relax. If you end up near someone who goes topless you can always move down the beach a ways because it's a long beach.
    As far as excursions go, here's a link I found on another post about off site excursions from Negril resorts. I don't know where it came from because it's not on the Couples site so take the prices with a grain of salt. http://couples.com/tours/ToursNegrilJamaica.pdf
    You can book excursions once you get to the resort or do like I did this past trip and book through a local agent ahead of time. I did that because we wanted to go to Mayfield Falls on a day when the catamaran cruise isn't offered and we had two other couples going with us. I like to have things planned beforehand so I have enough cash for the excursion and tips for the driver and tour guides. I don't think that they take credit cards. If you want some information just send me an e-mail, steevg52@aol.com.
    Enjoy your time in Paradise, aka CSA!
    Steve

We picked CSA originally because it does not have “AN” facilities. We are very conservative and there are some topless sunbathers on the beach. But it's not the norm. We just ignore them and enjoy ourselves.

Life is good

i always go topless but my wife only does it once in a while.

Robin1373

OK......You win for the longest post ever...................

Life is good

For some great pricing on tours try JuJu Tours, Angi I'd great! As far as topless goes, size doesn't matter, drop top and enjoy!

Thank you! Life is Good