Default Beachfront Suite @ CSA....Anyone have a favorite?

I know that room requests can't always be honored, but it's always worth a shot, right?

My fiance and I will be there in May for our weddingmoon. Are there any buildings that are better than others? (I know it's all subjective.) I think we'd prefer one that's closer to the center of the property, instead of over near The Palms. (That would make for a long walk to the pool bar. lol)

Does anyone have any suggestions? I love the look of the ones with the HUGE verandas!

I really hope someone replies to this. We are also first timers and have gotten a beachfront suite.

Being in the center of the resort is the best choice. Not too far from anything and not too close to any noise from either restaurant or entertainment. Each of the buildings has 4 units or rooms. Of these only one upstairs and one downstairs face directly toward the water. The other two have an ocean view but not as nice. The biggest thing you have to decide is upstairs or downstairs? We always take the upstairs as there is more privacy when on the balcony. You are located along the main walkway of the resort so people tend to look in out of curiosity. I think the view is a little better as well. Other than that try to remember that the time you will spend in your room or on your balcony will be limitted. The definition of a successful resort stay is based more on how little time you spend sitting in your room. Pick one of the two buildings closest to where the 3 story Verandah Beachfront Suites begin.

love the atrium section. far enough back from the beach that you just hear birds but can still hear the waves. but that said, beachfront is beautiful too. what am i saying ~ everywhere at swept away is beautiful. getting ready for our 4th time there, see y'all soon.

Somebody once said to me "whatever room you and your new spouse are in will be the best room" sorry I can't help, we will be first timers to CSA in October, but been to Jamaica a few times before. Enjoy and congratulations on the wedding!

Oh, I agree jamaicamehappy! We won't be unhappy with any room for sure, and I know we won't be spending a ton of time there. Though, some snuggle time on the veranda will be nice. :-)

The ones in the middle of the resort are best. We are in one tonght.

Life is good

We love the Beachfront Suites. We do spend a lot of time on our verandah. We sit out there every morning and have coffee. I will then walk down to the Palms and bring back a plate of eggs and bacon to share with my wife and our friends, the cats!!! My wife heads off to the beach, about 8:30. I will do email for an hour or so, then head off to the gym. I have no choice but to do a little work everyday, but when you are in shorts and a t-shirt, sitting on your verandah, with a such a beautiful view, it makes work much easier.

We were just in 2130, first floor, not too far from the Sunset Bar. Great view, easy to get drinks, a short distance to the Palms. Now if I had my choice I would like one of the buildings that has only one first floor unit. They have the really large verandah. These are 1128, 1126, 2134 and 2136. They also have a large 2nd floor unit, with a large balcony and then one smaller unit. The smaller unit has a nice sized bedroom, but a small verandah. We've stayed in the smaller Beachfront when we have booked an Atrium. The front desk people refer to them as a Beachfront-Atrium room. They can be used either way, depending on the need.

Name:  Jamaica 2012 047 (640x485).jpg
Views: 1062
Size:  33.5 KBName:  Jamaica 2012 050 (640x485).jpg
Views: 997
Size:  60.0 KB
    Last edited by yazmon; April 9th, 2012 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yazmon View Post
    Now if I had my choice I would like one of the buildings that has only one first floor unit. They have the really large verandah. These are 1128, 1126, 2134 and 2136. They also have a large 2nd floor unit, with a large balcony and then one smaller unit. The smaller unit has a nice sized bedroom, but a small verandah. We've stayed in the smaller Beachfront when we have booked an Atrium. The front desk people refer to them as a Beachfront-Atrium room. They can be used either way, depending on the need.
    Thanks!! That's great info. From reading the boards, I'm torn between more privacy on the second floor and trying to get one of the first floor rooms with the large veranda. In the 3-room buildings, how does the upstairs one with the big veranda compare to the size of the bottom veranda?

Quote Originally Posted by yazmon View Post
    Now if I had my choice I would like one of the buildings that has only one first floor unit. They have the really large verandah. These are 1128, 1126, 2134 and 2136. They also have a large 2nd floor unit, with a large balcony and then one smaller unit.
    Oh....are the numbers you gave the room numbers of the 1st floor BFS that only have 3 in the unit, or are those the building numbers?

The room numbers that I listed are the numbers on the 1st floor rooms. The 2nd floor verandah is still large. I haven't been in the 2nd floor, bigger, bedroom. I have been in the large 1st floor room, just to look around.

Originally we didn't think that we would like a 1st floor room, but after having one it's now what we prefer. The original Beachfront Suites are a little further from the beach and the walkway. Privacy is never an issue. We always bring our pink flamingo lights and hang them on our verandah. Attached is a photo, rather blurry, but you get the idea of what they look like.

Name:  Jamaica 2012 022 (640x485).jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  37.2 KB

We bought some plain white Christmas lights to hang on our veranda!!

Thanks for the response. I do think we are leaning toward the first floor, if we can get it.

Yazmon,
    We stayed in the same room last November..... You did a better job decorating the porch than we did! Nice job!
    Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 2014

What is the difference between the beachfront suites and the beachfront verandah suites? We booked a garden suite but now want to upgrade to beachfront.

When is your wedding? We will be there May 5 to 11. We have a BS. We have had 2nd floor each time and loved it. Hoping to try a 1st floor room this time. All the verandahs are huge. Enjoy your trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolem View Post
    When is your wedding? We will be there May 5 to 11. We have a BS. We have had 2nd floor each time and loved it. Hoping to try a 1st floor room this time. All the verandahs are huge. Enjoy your trip.
    We will just miss you. We arrive on the 12th (wedding 16th).

Quote Originally Posted by Kerlyran View Post
    What is the difference between the beachfront suites and the beachfront verandah suites? We booked a garden suite but now want to upgrade to beachfront.
    There are a million threads that discuss this, but here are the basics:

BFS are in the older section, BFVS in the newer section.
    BFS don't have TVs, BFVS do have TVs. (To some, no TV is romantic, while to others it's torture.)
    BFS have larger verandas. (I think the rooms are larger too.)
    BFS only have 4 (some only 3) suites to a 2-story building, while BFVS are 3-stories tall with 4 suites per floor.
    BFS don't have glass in the windows-just screens with plantations shutters (I'm told the AC still keeps the rooms nice and cold though), while the BFVS have glass windows.

I will then walk down to the Palms and bring back a plate of eggs and bacon to share with my wife and our friends, the cats!!!

Thanks Yazmon!! We were in 2129 and fed the cats 3/24-4/1, I hope to see them again next March!!!

Hey yazmon. Do you remember if the 11 numbered BFSs or the 21 are the ones that are in the middle of the resort?

From the ariel map of the resort, it looks like two of the smaller BFS buildings are smack dab in the middle of the resort and the other two are in the middle of the line of BFS buildings.
    CSA - May 2012
    CN - May 2013
    CSS - October 2013

The buildings that have the 21 numbered rooms are more in the middle.

You are correct. Two of the 3 bedroom buildings are right next to the BFVS and two are down by the Sunset Bar.

We love the BFS with the giant verandahs - we've been lucky enough to stay in them twice so far and they are over the moon!!! We've stayed in both the BFS and BFVS and enjoy the "old" side because it is quieter and we don't need a TV.

Thanks yazmon!!
    CSA - May 2012
    CN - May 2013
    CSS - October 2013

Quote Originally Posted by gonegril View Post
    We love the BFS with the giant verandahs - we've been lucky enough to stay in them twice so far and they are over the moon!!! We've stayed in both the BFS and BFVS and enjoy the "old" side because it is quieter and we don't need a TV.
    I hope to be in one in 2 days!!!!
    CSA - May 2012
    CN - May 2013
    CSS - October 2013

YAY, we got 2136!! We just got back from CSA a few days ago and we were in 2136 and LOVED it!!
    CSA - May 2012
    CN - May 2013
    CSS - October 2013