Thread: Stand up Paddle

Default Stand up Paddle

Does CN or CSA have the stand up boards and paddles? The water looks phenomenal there for stand up paddling?

Quote Originally Posted by Alberta Couple View Post
    Does CN or CSA have the stand up boards and paddles? The water looks phenomenal there for stand up paddling?
    CN does have paddleboarding. I tried it in February and it was awesome!! Try it in the am when the water is very calm.

CN does and you're right. The water in Bloody Bay is perfect for it. I even did it one day with about a 15mph wind, but Bloody Bay is so protected, it was still smooth cruising.

CN does. Never did it, but I hope to do it prior to April 20!

CN has them and the calm waters of Bloody Bay are indeed great for S.U.P.

Go 1st thing in the AM. The water is typically calmer then.
    Unfortunately the afternoon can bring a bit more wave action and pesky jet-skiers that have absolutely no regard for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberta Couple View Post
    CN had several in September, its the perfect place to try them. I don't know about CSA.

The water is perfect, but they didn't have them in April 2011, don't know if that's changed since. We will be there in 2 weeks, would be cool if they had them.

Thats great for CN and look forward to those morning SUP workouts. How about CSA as we are going there first?

Default stand up paddle

FYI, CSA now has a few stand up paddles and new blue/green/yellow sails on the hobbie cats!

Would CTI have these? Or is the water too choppy? CTI isn't enclosed in a bay area, is it? I love watersports, and this sounds like it would be a lot of fun to try.